USMC vet claims PTSD and demands "right" to have pet dog with him at work.

It's the go to excuse. The Fort Hood shooter's defense was PTSD despite never having seen combat.

Hell with these idiots who try and bring their pets to work with them.

USMC Vet: Employer Won't Let Me Come to Work With PTSD Service Dog

july 8 2017 A United States Marine Corps veteran who suffers from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder said his employer won't let him come to work with his service dog.

Yauncey Long said Cincinnati Bell, a Midwest telecom company, refused to let him work in the company of his service dog, C4.

Long said he's gotten pushback from the company, including "unsatisfactory" responses from management, after he applied for reasonable accommodations.
Long said the company treated C4 "as if it was an option" rather than an accommodation for a wounded Purple Heart recipient.

-----------

Didn't I tell you? Republicans hate veterans.

there is NO special class in American society though it looks like you emotion driven people are intent on establihing SPECIAL classes in the USA Syriusly .

Again- you are of course entitled to your opinion.

In my opinion, those who have volunteered to serve and defend our country deserve respect and admiration for their service.

And our country generally agrees- since we have an entire Veteran's Administration devoted to them.

We also have laws that provide specific benefits to honor veterans- from home loans to job protections.

I think we should encourage those who may choose to volunteer to defend our country- by honoring those who have done already done so.
---------------------------------------------- issue here is a 'ptsd'er' forcing a private business owner to give up some of his RIGHTS.

What business owner 'rights'?

The issue here is honoring- and accommodating those who have served our country and suffered as a consequence.

I think business owners have an obligation to make a reasonable accommodation for a veteran's handicap- you don't.

You go on. Whatever it is you go on. You pick yourself up and go on.

It doesn't mean bad things never happen it means that you grow a spine and get over it. Not that every one and their brother in law has to accommodate your feelings.

You have a severe misunderstanding of mental illness.

Yeah, you go on. But if you're miserable going on, it wears you down some more. So you ask for help in order to go on more effectively, and maybe with a bit more enjoyment of life.

Otherwise, you begin doing the things that you think people "excuse" with mental illness. Things like hurting your loved ones, drinking, withdrawing from society.

You don't have to "believe" it; it's there whether you do or not. And I can't help but notice that you are one miserable person on here.

Why would anyone want to accommodate someone who survives by demanding pity?

Forcing someone to sit up straight does not make me miserable. I assure you.

No one is demanding pity. People with mental illness want treatment.
Then you take away the emotional crutches and treat them. No therapy dogs, no accommodation. .

And what makes you think that therapy dogs are not treatment?

What makes you hate veterans with disabilities so much?

A claim of mental instability is not a handicap.

Really?

Why is a 'claim of mental incapacity' not as real as any other claim of a handicap?

Or do you believe if you can't see a missing limb that there must not be a handicap?
A claim of mental incapacity is not a handicap because it only exists in your head. You go on. Bad things happen and you pick up and go on asking nothing from anyone. The only appropriate answer is "Get over yourself".

'it only exists in your head'.

Wow. I so would like to be able to tell my mother in law with Alzheimer's that it just exists in her head- that she just needs to 'Get over yourself'- and have her be able to remember my wife. Or how to use a toilet.

But this is not a surprise coming from the person who admires ISIS for killing gays.
Alzheimers is not a mental illness. Brain tumors are not mental illnesses.
Alzheimer’s disease, is it a mental illness? – The Chicago Bridge

Alzheimer’s disease is formally recognized as a mental illness. The disease and its symptoms are outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR), which is the main tool used to diagnose mental illnesses such as Schizophrenia and Borderline Personality Disorder. However, there is danger in viewing Alzheimer’s disease as a mental illness in regards to societal stigma and treatment approaches.

Alzheimer's is a mental illness- just not the mental illness you want to discriminate against.

You go on. Whatever it is you go on. You pick yourself up and go on.

It doesn't mean bad things never happen it means that you grow a spine and get over it. Not that every one and their brother in law has to accommodate your feelings.

Yeah, you go on. But if you're miserable going on, it wears you down some more. So you ask for help in order to go on more effectively, and maybe with a bit more enjoyment of life.

Otherwise, you begin doing the things that you think people "excuse" with mental illness. Things like hurting your loved ones, drinking, withdrawing from society.

You don't have to "believe" it; it's there whether you do or not. And I can't help but notice that you are one miserable person on here.

Then you take away the emotional crutches and treat them. No therapy dogs, no accommodation. .

PTSD is not a disability. It is an excuse.

I just don't know what your excuse is for being such an miserable excuse for a human being.

You applaud ISIS murdering gays, and you hate veterans with disabilities.

Do you kick puppies for stress relief?

you see everything I have typed on this issue . The private business owner shouldn't have a dog FORCED on him . Now run along , put on Your Veterans baseball cap and throw a parade Syriusly . :afro:

A claim of mental instability is not a handicap.

Really?

Why is a 'claim of mental incapacity' not as real as any other claim of a handicap?

Or do you believe if you can't see a missing limb that there must not be a handicap?
A claim of mental incapacity is not a handicap because it only exists in your head. You go on. Bad things happen and you pick up and go on asking nothing from anyone. The only appropriate answer is "Get over yourself".

Wow. I so would like to be able to tell my mother in law with Alzheimer's that it just exists in her head- that she just needs to 'Get over yourself'- and have her be able to remember my wife. Or how to use a toilet.

But this is not a surprise coming from the person who admires ISIS for killing gays.

Alzheimer’s disease is formally recognized as a mental illness. The disease and its symptoms are outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR), which is the main tool used to diagnose mental illnesses such as Schizophrenia and Borderline Personality Disorder. However, there is danger in viewing Alzheimer’s disease as a mental illness in regards to societal stigma and treatment approaches.

Alzheimer's is a mental illness- just not the mental illness you want to discriminate against.
Alzheimers is quantifiable. It is subject to testing. It shows up in scans and laboratory tests. PTSD is subjective based solely on claims.

there is NO special class in American society though it looks like you emotion driven people are intent on establihing SPECIAL classes in the USA Syriusly .

In my opinion, those who have volunteered to serve and defend our country deserve respect and admiration for their service.

And our country generally agrees- since we have an entire Veteran's Administration devoted to them.

We also have laws that provide specific benefits to honor veterans- from home loans to job protections.

I think we should encourage those who may choose to volunteer to defend our country- by honoring those who have done already done so.
---------------------------------------------- issue here is a 'ptsd'er' forcing a private business owner to give up some of his RIGHTS.

The issue here is honoring- and accommodating those who have served our country and suffered as a consequence.

I think business owners have an obligation to make a reasonable accommodation for a veteran's handicap- you don't.
-------------------------------------------- in the USA you are perfectly able to do as 'you' like regarding honoring veterans any way you see fit Syriusly

-------------------------------------------- in the USA you are perfectly able to do as 'you' like regarding honoring veterans any way you see fit Syriusly

I do- among the ways I honor veterans is by following the law.

I just don't know what your excuse is for being such an miserable excuse for a human being.

I don't applaud Isis murdering gays. I understand getting rid of the obnoxious. They see what is being done here and don't want it there. Call it an inoculation.

I don't hate veterans with disabilites. PTSD is not a disability. It is an excuse. I refuse to feel sorry.

You make it up as you go along.

NIMH » Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Who has PTSD? 14 million and counting. The PTSD claimed by the veteran is the same PTSD as someone that saw a scary movie or heard about a car accident that happened to someone else. Naturally someone who wants to bring a dog to work because he saw The Exorcist a week ago would be understandably canned on the spot. I drove past a major car accident and now I need medication should not get medication.

Not everyone has PTSD. Those with a strong resiliance factor do not get PTSD or, they are troubled for a short time then get over it. Resiliance factor is a kindly term for pull your pants up.

How did we become such a weak and ineffective people?

Really?

Alzheimers is quantifiable. It is subject to testing. It shows up in scans and laboratory tests. PTSD is subjective based solely on claims.
As I pointed out- Alzheimer's is a mental illness- despite your attempts to deny it.

And again you are wrong- it is 'subject to testing'- to rule out other causes.
Tests for Alzheimer's & Dementia | Alzheimer's Association

There is no single test that proves a person has Alzheimer's. A diagnosis is made through a complete assessment that considers all possible causes.

During the medical workup, your health care provider will review your medical history. He or she will want to know about any current and past illnesses, as well as any medications you are taking. The doctor will also ask about key medical conditions affecting other family members, including whether they may have had Alzheimer's disease or related dementias.

Physical exam and diagnostic tests

During a medical workup, you can expect the physician to:

• Ask about diet, nutrition and use of alcohol.
  • Review all medications. (Bring a list or the containers of all medicines currently being taken, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements.)
  • Check blood pressure, temperature and pulse.
  • Listen to the heart and lungs.
  • Perform other procedures to assess overall health.
  • Collect blood or urine samples for laboratory testing.

I don't applaud Isis murdering gays..

Quoting you:
Throwing gays off rooftops was the only decent thing Isis ever did.

How did you become such a hateful person?

Why do some people develop PTSD and other people do not?
It is important to remember that not everyone who lives through a dangerous event develops PTSD. In fact, most people will not develop the disorder.

Many factors play a part in whether a person will develop PTSD. Some examples are listed below. Risk factors make a person more likely to develop PTSD. Other factors, called resilience factors, can help reduce the risk of the disorder.

Risk Factors and Resilience Factors for PTSD
Some factors that increase risk for PTSD include:

• Living through dangerous events and traumas
  • Getting hurt
  • Seeing another person hurt, or seeing a dead body
  • Childhood trauma
  • Feeling horror, helplessness, or extreme fear
  • Having little or no social support after the event
  • Dealing with extra stress after the event, such as loss of a loved one, pain and injury, or loss of a job or home
  • Having a history of mental illness or substance abuse
Some resilience factors that may reduce the risk of PTSD include:

• Seeking out support from other people, such as friends and family
  • Finding a support group after a traumatic event
  • Learning to feel good about one’s own actions in the face of danger
  • Having a positive coping strategy, or a way of getting through the bad event and learning from it
  • Being able to act and respond effectively despite feeling fear
Researchers are studying the importance of these and other risk and resilience factors, including genetics and neurobiology. With more research, someday it may be possible to predict who is likely to develop PTSD and to prevent it.

How did you become such a hateful person?

Why do some people develop PTSD and other people do not?
It is important to remember that not everyone who lives through a dangerous event develops PTSD. In fact, most people will not develop the disorder.

Many factors play a part in whether a person will develop PTSD. Some examples are listed below. Risk factors make a person more likely to develop PTSD. Other factors, called resilience factors, can help reduce the risk of the disorder.

Risk Factors and Resilience Factors for PTSD
Some factors that increase risk for PTSD include:

• Living through dangerous events and traumas
  • Getting hurt
  • Seeing another person hurt, or seeing a dead body
  • Childhood trauma
  • Feeling horror, helplessness, or extreme fear
  • Having little or no social support after the event
  • Dealing with extra stress after the event, such as loss of a loved one, pain and injury, or loss of a job or home
  • Having a history of mental illness or substance abuse
Some resilience factors that may reduce the risk of PTSD include:

• Seeking out support from other people, such as friends and family
  • Finding a support group after a traumatic event
  • Learning to feel good about one’s own actions in the face of danger
  • Having a positive coping strategy, or a way of getting through the bad event and learning from it
  • Being able to act and respond effectively despite feeling fear
Researchers are studying the importance of these and other risk and resilience factors, including genetics and neurobiology. With more research, someday it may be possible to predict who is likely to develop PTSD and to prevent it.
Prevent PTSD grow a spine.

Gads you are so gullible. Do you cry at sad movies too?

Forum List

Back