USMB Coffee Shop IV

Back then, B-52s were strictly high altitude, so the opportunity for buzzing didn't present itself often.

Definitely wasn't at Holloman flying those.
No I think he was stationed in Kansas at that time. Schilling AFB in Salina was a SAC base until the mid 1960's and had--still has--one of the country's longest runways. I know Uncle Dwayne was stationed there for awhile and retired from the military from there. Maybe he flew something else there but I do know he flew the B-52 for awhile. I don't remember the whole sequence. When we lived in Salina the base had been converted to a commercial airport and they used that long runway to train Boeing 747 pilots. I used to love to go out there to watch them doing their touch and goes. :)

(By that time Uncle Dwayne was I think a Colonel or at least a Major and was long gone. He and his family moved to Wichita and he became a banker.

1711758643298.png

On Easter 2024:
We pray or send positive thoughts or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list. Another surgery coming up.
Ringel for continued wellness and his brothers' families for relief from adversity and illness.
Hombre & Foxfyre's son Mike for continued wellness
Beautress's friend Ken for healing and wellness.
Dale Smith for quality of life.
SFC Ollie for healing and wellness
Gracie for solutions and peace.
Mrs. Saveliberty for rapid and trouble free healing
Oddball's mom for a good diagnosis and resolution.
Boedicca's brother Douglas for successful treatment and wellness.

And we keep the light on so those who have moved on to other places can find their way back. And we hope they do.
1711861631316.png

Happy Easter to you all :)
And to you peacefan and welcome to the Coffee Shop. We're happy you found us. Please read over the OP to see what we're all about in here if you haven't already done so and then keep right on joining in..

First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage.

1711895328717.png

1711989081704.png

To my beloved Coffee Shoppers and other friends on USMB,

It is time to say goodbye. I've loved all our sharing, laughs, support, love all these years and I thank you all. But things have just become too complicated and uncomfortable in recent months. I just don't feel that I can continue here with everything being as confused and convoluted as it is. Your friendship has been what has kept me going all this time but it's time to end it now. I encourage you to keep the Coffee Shop going. And I encourage you to check the date when you read a post like this.

View attachment 925527

It is time to say goodbye. I've loved all our sharing, laughs, support, love all these years and I thank you all. But things have just become too complicated and uncomfortable in recent months. I just don't feel that I can continue here with everything being as confused and convoluted as it is. Your friendship has been what has kept me going all this time but it's time to end it now. I encourage you to keep the Coffee Shop going. And I encourage you to check the date when you read a post like this.

Are you leaving the whole site?

:th_dontgosmiley-1:

View attachment 925527

:th_dontgosmiley-1:We all love you Foxy...Please reconsider.

In other news...

Mom has gone through a battery of tests and a biopsy.

The lung growth isn't spreading or currently health threatening....She's going to get some radiation on it, and that * should* be that.

TY for all the prayers and the spot on the vigil list...Stay tuned.
So good to hear. And I'm so glad they are going to treat this conservatively which is so often the best choice. We'll keep her on the vigil list for sure.

View attachment 925527

Thanks, Foxfire for your amazing presence. I wish you have all good things that you cherish in the future, good health and endearing friendships that please you. Even so, I hope you will feel to visit occasionally. You are so loved for all your effort and kindness to everyone here. We love you so and always will.

Love, beautress

Last edited:

Forum List

Back