USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night, afternoon, morning or whatever darlinks. I really do love you guys. May the Coffee Shop always be a virtual family for those who need or enjoy one here. Meanwhile we pray or send positive vibes or keep vigil for:

Harper, the inspiration for the vigil list.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo King 's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Mindful's daughter diagnosed with cancer.
Ollie's brother recovering from major surgery.
Nosmo King for healing and health & wholeness.
Gracie & Dennis in yet another transition.
Ringel for continued healing.
Beautress for continued recovery & wholeness.

And we keep the light on so others who have been away can find their way back and we hope they will.

On June 7, 2014, the first ocean going vessel navigates through the Panama Canal.
View attachment 498199
Well that was a major
So anyway .. the garden and the low budget greenhouses (plastic) are pretty well planted .. all seems well .. it's June after all!

SoOo ..What's with these frost threats .... :confused:

Hello fellow USMB Coffee Shop IV-ers .. just saying hello and Lumpin grumpin a little..

..Hugs, best wishes and such... ;)

Lumpy's back! :woohoo:
Yeah good to see you again.lump,how is the beaver.lol

Record heat in the north this weekend, and grossly humid...
View attachment 497449
Except for Grand Maris up on Lake Superior in the 50's. The wind off the chilly lake frequently keeps that area much cooler.
Lot of 90s up there. It's been pleasant in the great Piney Woods region of the Lone Star State with...<drumroll>...more rain.
Tomorrow is supposed to be 99 and humid. Just last week we had the 40's.
Nothing like easing into summer.
Next up the mosquitoes that carry small pets away.
Kinda like when I lived in Northern Virginia. The humidity levels would get up to nearly the temperature levels. At least here in the southwest when it hits a hundred + the humidity levels are usually below 35%.
I remember when I was in Phoenix that 90 degrees didn't feel all that bad in the dry air.
The humidity here makes it hard to breathe and you sweat with no effort, so your clothes get damp and stick to you providing no cooling effect.

Same in Kansas when we lived there. It could be 90f with near 100% humidity at midnight. Brutal.
I am a fellow Kansan,,when you were there,did you ever take in a Royals game by chance?
Glad to see you drop by Foxfyre's wonderful USMB coffee lounge, LA RAM FAN. :thup:

Oh he has been on the roster here for years, but also happy to see him back for a visit. :)
Hope thst still holds when I say this,I seldom came here over the years cause gomer Pyle Ollie was here that you got done talking about,whether you realise it or not he is a shill from Langley,paid to come here and troll by his boss.he defends the governments version of events of corruption and atrocity’s the CIA commits against other countries no matter how absurd the governments version of events are.the media is just a tool for the government,they don’t do any investigating.they only report what they want you to hear,he ignores evidence that the government is behind these events and Their boogeyman they say is behind it is just a patsy. When the REAL culprit is none other than the CIA,it’s them always starting wars with other countries,they are a terrorist organization that makes the third Reich look like a bunch of choir boys.

View attachment 497449
Except for Grand Maris up on Lake Superior in the 50's. The wind off the chilly lake frequently keeps that area much cooler.
Lot of 90s up there. It's been pleasant in the great Piney Woods region of the Lone Star State with...<drumroll>...more rain.
Kinda like when I lived in Northern Virginia. The humidity levels would get up to nearly the temperature levels. At least here in the southwest when it hits a hundred + the humidity levels are usually below 35%.
I remember when I was in Phoenix that 90 degrees didn't feel all that bad in the dry air.
The humidity here makes it hard to breathe and you sweat with no effort, so your clothes get damp and stick to you providing no cooling effect.

Same in Kansas when we lived there. It could be 90f with near 100% humidity at midnight. Brutal.
I am a fellow Kansan,,when you were there,did you ever take in a Royals game by chance?
No. Never made it to a Royals game but was a strong Royals fan. Lived in Pittsburg for several years and then Salina for several years. Trips to Kansas City, other than for business, were usually to performances at the Starlight Theater including a good meal at Putch's.

Often in the KC airport though as all flights out of Salina went to Kansas City and then to wherever you were actually going. Kansas City was 3 hours east of Salina on I-70 and Denver was 8 hours west. But we had to fly to Kansas City to get to Denver. :)
Starlight is the bomb,they used to show some great musicals in the heyday.you missed out not taking in a royals game,they got the most beautiful stadium in the country with those waterfalls in the outfield.so I guess you Everett a fan of the royals in the good old days when baseball was fun to watch and players stayed with one team their whole careers,the good old days when they had george Brett?

View attachment 497449

Glad to see you drop by Foxfyre's wonderful USMB coffee lounge, LA RAM FAN. :thup:

Oh he has been on the roster here for years, but also happy to see him back for a visit. :)
Hope thst still holds when I say this,I seldom came here over the years cause gomer Pyle Ollie was here that you got done talking about,whether you realise it or not he is a shill from Langley,paid to come here and troll by his boss.he defends the governments version of events of corruption and atrocity’s the CIA commits against other countries no matter how absurd the governments version of events are.the media is just a tool for the government,they don’t do any investigating.they only report what they want you to hear,he ignores evidence that the government is behind these events and Their boogeyman they say is behind it is just a patsy. When the REAL culprit is none other than the CIA,it’s them always starting wars with other countries,they are a terrorist organization that makes the third Reich look like a bunch of choir boys.
Save it for the conspiracy theory threads, it doesn't belong here in the Coffee Shop, check the rules.

Sounds like the long awaited Cicadas are coming out...
IMG_4542.jpeg

View attachment 497449

That's simply not true LA RAM FAN. I've known Ollie for years now and he's as good a citizen and straight arrow as any person on Earth. And the Coffee Shop is not the place to air grievances about other people on USMB or discuss politics please. It was established as a refuge from all that and for 11 years now it has served that purpose very well. Thanks for understanding.

Well.....I've been MIA due to depression, then I had surgery on my left hand last week. Big ol gangleon cyst on the outside of my wrist and it was crawling up towards my pinky and ring finger. Surgeon said he had to cut it out..stalk and all. Down to the bone. I think he cut a few nerves while he was at it cuz my thumb is still numb and the top of my hand is numb as well. Took 28 hours for my arm to work again. They did a block on it. Don't know why, cuz they knocked me out to do the surgery so why put my arm to sleep as well for so damn long? Anyway..I go see him for follow up on the 11th. Hopefully my nerves will mend themselves and I will get my hand back. Being one handed is a pain in the butt. Er...in the hand.

Well.....I've been MIA due to depression, then I had surgery on my left hand last week. Big ol gangleon cyst on the outside of my wrist and it was crawling up towards my pinky and ring finger. Surgeon said he had to cut it out..stalk and all. Down to the bone. I think he cut a few nerves while he was at it cuz my thumb is still numb and the top of my hand is numb as well. Took 28 hours for my arm to work again. They did a block on it. Don't know why, cuz they knocked me out to do the surgery so why put my arm to sleep as well for so damn long? Anyway..I go see him for follow up on the 11th. Hopefully my nerves will mend themselves and I will get my hand back. Being one handed is a pain in the butt. Er...in the hand.
Ouch! That sounds definitely worse than my carpal tunnel surgery which I am still healing from almost two months later. And yes, being one handed is a pain especially when it's the dominant hand you can't use.
Prayers up for your speedy recovery.

Ouch! That sounds definitely worse than my carpal tunnel surgery which I am still healing from almost two months later. And yes, being one handed is a pain especially when it's the dominant hand you can't use.
Prayers up for your speedy recovery.
Not my dominate hand, but has been for a few years since my right wrist is shot to hell with RA. So..I use my left one now. Or rather..did. I'm having a really hard time wiping my butt. :auiqs.jpg:

Last night was kinda rough, for some reason I started thinking about my wife just as I went to bed, reliving her passing. I finally did get to sleep about an hour later after focusing in on her alive and our happy shared times together and the fact that she is now in a much better place.

I had to get up early, landscaping crew came by to remove the crepe myrtle bush that was on top of my main waste line with roots growing into the waste line. They took the bush out and poured a concentrated root killer over the area, hopefully that will fix the problem.

Prayers up for healing hand and heart, Gracie. I missed your posts here, and so did others. :huddle:

Last night was kinda rough, for some reason I started thinking about my wife just as I went to bed, reliving her passing. I finally did get to sleep about an hour later after focusing in on her alive and our happy shared times together and the fact that she is now in a much better place.

I had to get up early, landscaping crew came by to remove the crepe myrtle bush that was on top of my main waste line with roots growing into the waste line. They took the bush out and poured a concentrated root killer over the area, hopefully that will fix the problem.
Sounds famliar. I went through all that for 3 years. Long story short. You came to a good conclusion--they are in a better place. He left June 13, 2016. Where did 44 years go? ♡♡♡♡♡

Due to the China Virus I haven't done a lot of things. Last Monday night I resumed giving ceramic painting classes at an assisted living home. No cost to the residents. And later this month going on a road trip to visit family in Missouri.
Life is good.
Wow. I was in awe of my mother and her best friend Aunt Char. They did truly beautiful things and shared molds, slips, and paints specialized for ceramics. It is a challenging and fun-filled hobby when done with good friends at least it was in 1952 - 1959, then we moved to West Texas for a couple of years.
I envy your students. I mean that in a good way. :)

Last edited:
The physical therapist finally caught me near a phone this afternoon. Yes, it hurt, but a few minutes later my new knee and old leg felt better, like a team again. Hopefully we will be able to get up and down the stairs like normal people who never had RA. :woohoo:

Wow Gracie. I am not subject to depression as a rule, but had a reactive depression when I was going through a prolonged crappy situation years ago and thus know what it feels like. And telling oneself to 'snap out of it' isn't very helpful either. Didn't realize you were going through the other issue though, and will include that on the vigil list along with my prayers for a speedy recovery.

Did you get moved out of the facility or is that still pending?

Last edited:
Due to the China Virus I haven't done a lot of things. Last Monday night I resumed giving ceramic painting classes at an assisted living home. No cost to the residents. And later this month going on a road trip to visit family in Missouri.
Life is good.
I do think about you and Gracie and Ringel and others when you don't come around for awhile and hope all is good or better or whatever the hope should be. Glad to hear things are good with you.

Forum List

Back