USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hi everyone!
I'm back.
Well I made it through our Birthdays in Sept.
Thanksgiving and Christmas. :)
I feel ready to start the new year all by myself.
I have kept busy since June when Mr P passed, I miss him so much and it's hard to transcend to single after 37 years marriage.
It helps being an only child and I also like doing what I want whenever I want. :)
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Hi everyone!
I'm back.
I have kept busy since June when Mr P passed, I miss him so much and it's hard to transcend to single after 37 years marriage.
It helps being an only child and I also like doing what I want whenever I want. :)

PEACH!!!! So happy you're back. Hope you are well. And yes, holidays and other special occasions are the toughest when we have lost someone close to us. Ringel is going through that too as he lost Mrs. R, Kat, this fall. My Aunt Betty has been 10 years since her only child died of a sudden illness and 4 years since her hubby passed, but this year has been really tough for her this holiday season. 2020 has indeed been the year from hell for so many for different reasons.

But it's 2021 now and it would have to work really hard at it to be worse, so we'll hope it will be better. Anyway really good you're back. And onward we go.

Hi everyone!
I'm back.

PEACH!!!! So happy you're back. Hope you are well. And yes, holidays and other special occasions are the toughest when we have lost someone close to us. Ringel is going through that too as he lost Mrs. R, Kat, this fall. My Aunt Betty has been 10 years since her only child died of a sudden illness and 4 years since her hubby passed, but this year has been really tough for her this holiday season. 2020 has indeed been the year from hell for so many for different reasons.

But it's 2021 now and it would have to work really hard at it to be worse, so we'll hope it will be better. Anyway really good you're back. And onward we go.

Yes exactly!

Hi everyone!
I'm back.
Welcome back, Peach! I'm looking forward to seeing more of you around here.

Hi everyone!
I'm back.

Well .. you are still my favorite peach .. ;)

Hi everyone!
I'm back.

Well .. you are still my favorite peach .. ;)

Ahhh.... How sweet, thank you Lumpy.

How have you been Lumpy?
You and yours doing ok?

mmm. the short answer is pretty good and yet kinda mellowed and worn out after a busy holiday season..

My grown children and their children all live pretty close (within a couple of miles) except for Hailey, her base is about 5 hours north.

Eh, we're all pretty fine it seems.. all the regular drama..

Here's to wishing you all the best ... :113:

And if we didn't already have enough to think about. . .

1610123481956.png

Good afternoon all!
I missed you all.
I have quite a bit of catching up to do.
So sorry to hear about your wife Ringle.
You and I have become like so many others this last year .

It's nice to be back.
Yeah, Christmas and New Years was really tough, a lot harder than I imagined it would be but it's good to have friends, even if they're only online. I was honestly sorry to hear about your loss and I can strongly empathize, it's not easy.

Christmas was the
Good afternoon all!
I missed you all.

It's nice to be back.
Yeah, Christmas and New Years was really tough, a lot harder than I imagined it would be but it's good to have friends, even if they're only online. I was honestly sorry to hear about your loss and I can strongly empathize, it's not easy.

Christmas was the most difficult for me.

I had no idea until I asked awhile back where you were and was told of your loss. I'm so sorry. I thought all was well..with him riding his bike and toodling around and the doctors saying how well he was doing. I was shocked and saddened for you.
Glad you are back.

With that said...I get huffy now and then (its the depression), but I really don't know what I would do without USMB and the people I have come to know here as friends. Lets hope usmb stays put in this wild wacky time.

Good afternoon all!
I missed you all.

It's nice to be back.

I wish I could have been more of a friend to you during your sad realities and heartbreak. After seeing those pictures of you and your beautiful wife I was truly heartbroken but not much of a comfort or friend. Your perspectives and responses seemed like my hopeful perspectives and responses during such a sad and loving time .. it all seemed too very close to home as I am blessed with a wonderful Kat as well...

Good afternoon all!
I missed you all.

It's nice to be back.

I wish I could have been more of a friend to you during your sad realities and heartbreak. After seeing those pictures of you and your beautiful wife I was truly heartbroken but not much of a comfort or friend. Your perspectives and responses seemed like my hopeful perspectives and responses during such a sad and loving time .. it all seemed too very close to home as I am blessed with a wonderful Kat as well...
It's okay Lumpy, I truly appreciate the sentiment. I have access to professional grief help if I need it, family and a few friends plus keeping myself busy (or trying to) which helps. I think two of the biggest issues many of us that are left behind deal with is regret and sometimes guilt. We regret not doing more, being more, loving more and sometimes feel guilty that we didn't do more to fix the illness or whatever, we feel guilty about the times we may have wished our partner wasn't our partner and we blame ourselves for what happened. It's normal to feel like this as long as one doesn't beat themselves up too much with it, wallow in it and let it take control.
Another normal feeling is one of abandonment, we're left behind, alone, we feel abandoned.
Again these are normal grief processes we all go through, sometimes it's almost overwhelming, sometimes one can go a whole day and not think about it.

COVID test came back positive. I'm exhausted. I would share more but feeling wrung out.
The test is often wrong.
Why Covid-19 Testing Is a Tragic Waste - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com
But these symptoms; exhaustion, shortness of great, listlessness point the other way. This is my reality and I urge everyone to take this disease extremely seriously. I'm not living or dying a crazy political conspiracy. Mask up! Maintain social distancing take the vaccine. Just because it hasn't effected you personally doesn't mean it can't or won't.

My apologies to anyone taking umbrage for my admonition. But realize there have been far too many lies told about this pandemic. And the biggest lie is we can attitude our way out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back