USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay this was on Facebook today so it must be true, yes?

15283910_1569389346421497_2471916951723747981_n.jpg
According to my mother's generation, they were still using pages out of the old Sears Roebuck catalog in the 1920's and 30's.

Probably all of us have been in at least one situation in our life in which we had to sort of make do. Unfortunately Sears doesn't send their catalogs out to everybody like they once did long ago.

I put it on the largest that I could, trimmed my nails and still hit the wrong letter!

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

On the positive side, you can't rub off the c, f, k and u on a phone.

Or any of the other letters. I am a touch typist which is a good thing since there aren't many readable letters left on my keyboard.

Fire truck are pretty important words around here. :eusa_whistle:

Meanwhile, mrg and I just finished sawing those huge branches into firewood that fell during that last storm. Now I am all sappy and itchy, but they have firewood to keep themselves warm while we freeze out here in the RV. At least they are allowing us to use it until we head up north...So that's a plus. I guess. My sappy hands hurt and mrgs knees are throbbing, but between the two of us, we got er Dunn.

Our new housemate called us last night for advice on how to tarp his roof since a new storm is heading his way...And we told him what to do until we can get there to help. No rest for the weary, but soon we will be in a real house in our own room...Bar nothing bad happens between now and then.

Dyna Glo 9,000 - 15,000-BTU Liquid Propane Heater Single Tank Top Match Light, TT15CDGP - Walmart.com

839541a7-ad48-4957-89d0-ff3d5cba49f2_1.2f85dd0607b4d7e17e5ad6c53d6c5729.jpeg

Dyna-Glo 40K Liquid Propane 360-Degree Tank Top Heater - Walmart.com

d9a3fcf3-a168-4158-93ac-eac0e813e139_1.ffef5c4f5e70c12f94c8b9511bf76455.jpeg

You should look at these. Don't know what you can afford. There are smaller ones that use the little propane bottles.
I just read through some literature on these, these models are outdoor use only!!!
The indoor ones typically run from around $90 to $160.

This one is safe for indoors and will heat 200 sq ft.

Mr. Heater Portable Buddy Heater - Walmart.com

35d92ab7-eabf-4b18-8a88-ded78a47d8bf_1.5b2a0c55ff8b56e08ccb39d3942f6acc.jpeg

I have one of these sitting on my desk:
View attachment 107296
Lesko My Heat - 200 watts so doesn't use a lot of electricity but heats the area around my desk and heats our not that large bathroom pretty well. $20 at Amazon or Office Dept. Because my desk is flanked by too non-thermal windows, it is chilly in my corner so I use it a lot so that we don't have to turn up the thermostat in the whole house and it has proved to be very durable.

I would imagine one or two of these would knock the chill in a small RV or certainly in the area where you are.

I hope you keep it facing away from your PC! Computers and heat don't go well together. :p

romanesco-ftr.jpg

Take your best guess without looking it up........

One lady describes it as "part psychedelic broccoli, part alien life form". :thup:

Hubbie is home and he is very happy.
They have him on a life vest which is a wearable difibutalor.
He has been fed and is resting comfortably and enjoying his computer. :)
Now that he is home I'm going to be pretty busy for a little while.
I won't have as much time as I would like to post much, but ,I will let you know his progress.
Please keep us in your prayers. He is going to have a long big battle ahead.
He looks good considering only 1/5 of his heart is working. :)

Talk to you all later. :)
Thank You Everone, I love you all you have really helped me with your support.
Tomorrow I have to get groceries and pick up a long new list of prescription drugs. :)

I am beat what a long day whew!

Just got back from vet...Karma is doing well. Got her a case of hills TX food cuz she is running out, she got a blood test to check for heartworm cuz up north he said it's bad with the skeeters and heart worm and gave her a 6 month supply...ANSI checked her from head to tail, snipped her toenails, agreed to take her for his own if something ever happens to me and mrg, and then refused payment! So yes, there are angels here after all. He flat refused payment...Which totaled at least $225.00.

I told him he is still our vet....I am just "visiting mrg but here is still home and he said that's a fine plan[emoji6].

Now we are back in the RV, trying to stay warm and dry cuz we are being socked again with another big storm for the next couple of days. It's heading east, so get prepped!

Just got back from vet...Karma is doing well. Got her a case of hills TX food cuz she is running out, she got a blood test to check for heartworm cuz up north he said it's bad with the skeeters and heart worm and gave her a 6 month supply...ANSI checked her from head to tail, snipped her toenails, agreed to take her for his own if something ever happens to me and mrg, and then refused payment! So yes, there are angels here after all. He flat refused payment...Which totaled at least $225.00.

I told him he is still our vet....I am just "visiting mrg but here is still home and he said that's a fine plan[emoji6].

Now we are back in the RV, trying to stay warm and dry cuz we are being socked again with another big storm for the next couple of days. It's heading east, so get prepped!

I'm very happy things are working out so well for you now.! :biggrin:

Thanks, and how are things going with you lately? Well I hope. :)

Can't complain. Well I can actually. Hombre and I used a generous gift certificate from our friend who was thanking us for boarding her beloved mini doxie for so long and we decided to use it to replace our two office chairs that are literally falling apart.

So we ordered the chairs--we read the reviews and they got 5 stars EXCEPT that everybody said how difficult they were to put together. But we blew that off--we had put a lot of stuff like that together and how hard could it be?

So now I have a partially assembled one-day-to-be-beautiful chair taking up a lot of our entryway--the other one is still in the box--and one extremely frustrated husband and they will stay that way until Thursday when our much younger neighbor across the street can get here with all his fancy metric tools and help finish the job.

But I guess if that is our worst problem right now, we're doing okay.

That is frustrating though. I hate putting things like that together. I'd rather buy it already assembled and have it delivered. It's worth the extra cost, if you ask me.
It is a challenge to read Chinese instructions, but not impossible..

Impossible for me. I get tickled sometimes when we get instructions with stuff that are written in English, French, Spanish, Chinese etc. Just goes to show how international the world has become.
Most of the stuff I have gotten is just a picture for directions with no words..But being the genius, I usually discard the idiot sheet and use my superior skills to get those extra parts I find myself with when done...

Back in Kansas I directed our church choir. And I frequently had to remind the choir members that if they had notes left over at the end of the song, don't sing them.

Can't complain. Well I can actually. Hombre and I used a generous gift certificate from our friend who was thanking us for boarding her beloved mini doxie for so long and we decided to use it to replace our two office chairs that are literally falling apart.

So we ordered the chairs--we read the reviews and they got 5 stars EXCEPT that everybody said how difficult they were to put together. But we blew that off--we had put a lot of stuff like that together and how hard could it be?

So now I have a partially assembled one-day-to-be-beautiful chair taking up a lot of our entryway--the other one is still in the box--and one extremely frustrated husband and they will stay that way until Thursday when our much younger neighbor across the street can get here with all his fancy metric tools and help finish the job.

But I guess if that is our worst problem right now, we're doing okay.

That is frustrating though. I hate putting things like that together. I'd rather buy it already assembled and have it delivered. It's worth the extra cost, if you ask me.

Impossible for me. I get tickled sometimes when we get instructions with stuff that are written in English, French, Spanish, Chinese etc. Just goes to show how international the world has become.
Most of the stuff I have gotten is just a picture for directions with no words..But being the genius, I usually discard the idiot sheet and use my superior skills to get those extra parts I find myself with when done...

Back in Kansas I directed our church choir. And I frequently had to remind the choir members that if they had notes left over at the end of the song, don't sing them.

off topic that video of that fox in your avatar is awesome viewing

Meanwhile, mrg and I just finished sawing those huge branches into firewood that fell during that last storm. Now I am all sappy and itchy, but they have firewood to keep themselves warm while we freeze out here in the RV. At least they are allowing us to use it until we head up north...So that's a plus. I guess. My sappy hands hurt and mrgs knees are throbbing, but between the two of us, we got er Dunn.

Our new housemate called us last night for advice on how to tarp his roof since a new storm is heading his way...And we told him what to do until we can get there to help. No rest for the weary, but soon we will be in a real house in our own room...Bar nothing bad happens between now and then.

Dyna Glo 9,000 - 15,000-BTU Liquid Propane Heater Single Tank Top Match Light, TT15CDGP - Walmart.com

839541a7-ad48-4957-89d0-ff3d5cba49f2_1.2f85dd0607b4d7e17e5ad6c53d6c5729.jpeg

Dyna-Glo 40K Liquid Propane 360-Degree Tank Top Heater - Walmart.com

d9a3fcf3-a168-4158-93ac-eac0e813e139_1.ffef5c4f5e70c12f94c8b9511bf76455.jpeg

You should look at these. Don't know what you can afford. There are smaller ones that use the little propane bottles.
I just read through some literature on these, these models are outdoor use only!!!
The indoor ones typically run from around $90 to $160.

This one is safe for indoors and will heat 200 sq ft.

Mr. Heater Portable Buddy Heater - Walmart.com

35d92ab7-eabf-4b18-8a88-ded78a47d8bf_1.5b2a0c55ff8b56e08ccb39d3942f6acc.jpeg

I have one of these sitting on my desk:
View attachment 107296
Lesko My Heat - 200 watts so doesn't use a lot of electricity but heats the area around my desk and heats our not that large bathroom pretty well. $20 at Amazon or Office Dept. Because my desk is flanked by too non-thermal windows, it is chilly in my corner so I use it a lot so that we don't have to turn up the thermostat in the whole house and it has proved to be very durable.

I would imagine one or two of these would knock the chill in a small RV or certainly in the area where you are.

I hope you keep it facing away from your PC! Computers and heat don't go well together. :p

The computer is to the right of the monitor and the heater to the left. But it is an amazing little invention as it so disperses the heat it puts out in all directions that whatever is right in front of it will get warm but so far not dangerously warm. Of course I don't put anything right up against the heat vents. I haven't tried touching the front where the heat exits but the sides, top, bottom, the area below where the heat exits it, and the back stay very cool to the touch.

off topic that video of that fox in your avatar is awesome viewing

Hey jon_berzerk, I'm happy you finally made it to the Coffee Shop. I believe this is your first visit.

And there aren't any 'off topics' in the Coffee Shop but only a few taboo topics as suggested in the O.P. And that's because we want everybody to feel welcome here regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, politics, religion, or anything else that shouldn't matter among friends. So everybody just otherwise posts whatever is on their mind. I am sometimes amazed and amused at how many different things get touched on during the course of a day here.

And thanks re the avatar. I used to have one I liked a lot better--an arctic fox doing that particular maneuver--but I lost it somewhere.

Anyhow, first timers here get a complimentary beverage:

Do you like pina coladas? Walking in the rain. . .?

Signature-Cocktail-Recipes-Oh-So-Beautiful-Paper-Coconut-Milk-Pina-Colada-9.jpg

Just checking in. Went to costco today and bought a pressure cooker than also works as a slow cooker, a rice cooker, etc. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Hi Sheila. We were gifted with an ENORMOUS pressure cooker for Christmas and I still haven't figured out how to use it efficiently for two people. Plus I haven't pressure cooked anything in decades and don't remember how.

Forum List

Back