USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the cereal, Aqua. It's much healthier for you. :)
I thought so too, however it's a common misconception. Cereal is processed and is made with lots of sugar, especially if sugar is listed as one of the first three ingredients on the box. Eggs on the other hand are natural foods. Most of us prefer them over cereal for breakfast, and they are healthier for us, so it's a win-win situation.

Then you're eating the wrong kind of cereal. Stay away from the crap Post and Kelloggs is pushing and go with all natural. I like Nature's Path though most people think it tastes like cardboard, (because they eat too much sugar).

NPA006_Xl.jpg

0005844977050_500X500.jpg

This is pretty normal for their product:

labelL253191.gif

Most "main stream" cereals have a carb count in the 40s and 50s due to the sugar content.
Shredded Wheat (wheat'n bran) is also somewhat good. They don't put any sugar in the cereal. Just need to add some sliced apple or other fruit for sweetness.

I thought so too, however it's a common misconception. Cereal is processed and is made with lots of sugar, especially if sugar is listed as one of the first three ingredients on the box. Eggs on the other hand are natural foods. Most of us prefer them over cereal for breakfast, and they are healthier for us, so it's a win-win situation.

Then you're eating the wrong kind of cereal. Stay away from the crap Post and Kelloggs is pushing and go with all natural. I like Nature's Path though most people think it tastes like cardboard, (because they eat too much sugar).

NPA006_Xl.jpg

labelL253191.gif

Most "main stream" cereals have a carb count in the 40s and 50s due to the sugar content.
Shredded Wheat (wheat'n bran) is also somewhat good. They don't put any sugar in the cereal. Just need to add some sliced apple or other fruit for sweetness.

I love nutritional labels. :D

NPA006_Xl.jpg

labelL253191.gif

But. . . but. . . but. . .it appears to be all fiber with almost no nutritional value???? Why not just take a dose of Metamucil or something like that and then enjoy something that tastes good for breakfast?

But. . . but. . . but. . .it appears to be all fiber with almost no nutritional value???? Why not just take a dose of Metamucil or something like that and then enjoy something that tastes good for breakfast?

Cereal is good to me but I always thought it was too high in carbs. This is 17 net carbs and if it tastes good, that's a plus. It's low in calories and salt too. Too little protein but I can live with that just for breakfast or have some kind of higher protein side.

Ya'll check out Post No. 2 of the thread that I just edited and updated with the statistics for the Coffee Shop to date. Will do so again on May 4, the fourth anniversary of the Coffee Shop.

Cereal is good to me but I always thought it was too high in carbs. This is 17 net carbs and if it tastes good, that's a plus. It's low in calories and salt too. Too little protein but I can live with that just for breakfast or have some kind of higher protein side.

You get the protein from the milk and I always add fresh fruit or raisins to it. They have a whole range of certified organic products, not just the ones I posted.

Here's some more:

Natures_Path_1.jpg

NaturesPath.jpg

gfs-brg-3gbars.png

You get the protein from the milk and I always add fresh fruit or raisins to it. They have a whole range of certified organic products, not just the ones I posted.

Here's some more:

Natures_Path_1.jpg

NaturesPath.jpg

gfs-brg-3gbars.png

Have you tried the gluten free breakfast bars?

Here's some more:

Natures_Path_1.jpg

NaturesPath.jpg

gfs-brg-3gbars.png

No, I generally don't eat granola/breakfast bars except years ago when I was hiking a lot.

Have the cereal, Aqua. It's much healthier for you. :)

NPA006_Xl.jpg

labelL253191.gif

Thank you. I was gonna say, that's not true of the cereals I eat, and I'm a cereal killer.

Here's some more:

Natures_Path_1.jpg

NaturesPath.jpg

gfs-brg-3gbars.png

No, I generally don't eat granola/breakfast bars except years ago when I was hiking a lot.

I'be been walking in the morning and I just like a little something early.

I knew I had a chance to have a trick dog, a Wonder Dog, when I got Daisy the Mutt. She is a miniature poodle, smart as a whip and heir to those circus dogs on the old Ed Sullivan Show. I taught her to "Stick 'em up!" and she dances on her rear legs and thrusts her front paws into the air. When I say "Bang!", she rolls on the floor. I taught her to "Hide your eyes!" and she covers her face with her front paws. I count to ten and tell her "Go seek!" and she searches for the little golf ball sized tennis ball with a squeaker I hid somewhere in the living room. But when I saw this video, I knew we were strictly Ted Mack Amateur Hour material.

Take a look:

I Still Can't Believe This Is Real! You Will Be STUNNED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back