USMB Coffee Shop III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so cool! I was looking out of the window and I saw something moving through the trees at the end of the road. So being curious I went out to take a closer look. It was a fox. I have never actually seen one in the wild before. The bushy tail was the giveaway and no collar either so it was definitely not someone's dog.

I tried to get a picture but since I have never used the camera function on this phone I was struggling trying to figure it out before it disappeared. The fox was gone so I went back inside and decided I really should figure this out so I don't lose another opportunity. Without realizing it I had taken 4 shots and in 3 of them the face of the fox is actually tiny but still visible. I think that it was laughing at me fumbling with my phone.

So the very best of the pictures turns out to be the fox looking at me from behind the base of the power pylon and it is virtually invisible so I am going to blow it up.

$Fox_5-5-14-full.JPG

$FoxCloseup.JPG

[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]

Our daughter treated us to a trip to Alaska including exploring a bit of the inland and then cruising from Sewell through the inside passage to Vancouver where we caught a flight home. We went on boats and trains and busses and planes and trams to see the sights, walk on glaciers, see the bears and the whales and seals and salmon and eagles etc., and be up close and personal near the glacier edges as they calved off huge chunks of ice and icebergs.

The weather was overcast and rainy or threatening rain the entire time--we were in Talkeetna at one of Alaska's best viewing locations for Denali, but couldn't see it because of the rain and fog. But we desert dwellers loved every single minute of it. And we have been trying to figure out how to go back because we didn't get to do three things we really wanted to do: 1) see Denali 2) see the northern lights 3) see a moose in the wild.

Last edited:
I adore the smell of a Brand New Coffee Shop!

When are we moving?

This is so cool! I was looking out of the window and I saw something moving through the trees at the end of the road. So being curious I went out to take a closer look. It was a fox. I have never actually seen one in the wild before. The bushy tail was the giveaway and no collar either so it was definitely not someone's dog.

I tried to get a picture but since I have never used the camera function on this phone I was struggling trying to figure it out before it disappeared. The fox was gone so I went back inside and decided I really should figure this out so I don't lose another opportunity. Without realizing it I had taken 4 shots and in 3 of them the face of the fox is actually tiny but still visible. I think that it was laughing at me fumbling with my phone.

So the very best of the pictures turns out to be the fox looking at me from behind the base of the power pylon and it is virtually invisible so I am going to blow it up.

OH no, you're going to blow up the power pylon? Hope it doesn't make your neighbors mad.....:lol:

My daughter and I had a phenomenal time last night at The Doobie Brothers concert...so thankful though that I scheduled a vacation day since my recovery time takes longer than it did in my younger days.:D

I didn't know the Doobie Brothers still played together.
Cornelius Bumpus used to play with The Doobie Brothers. He was a local to my home town, so he'd play the local bars sometimes when he wasn't touring. I used to see him in small venues of about 50-75 people during the 80's. That man could wail on the saxophone. He died in the early 2000's.

[MENTION=6847]Foxfyre[/MENTION]

very cool. the foxes up here are very elusive. you only see them at dawn or dusk. down the shore they are much more brazen.

I've been to Alaska, I vacationed there in 1996. It was absolutely awesome.

We had a chance to go there when our son was stationed there, but we waited too long....and missed that opportunity, but, we may just plan a trip soon.

I did so want to go visit Alaska.....Denali.....so beautiful...:)

My daughter is leaving the 16th for an Alaska cruise. Junior class school trip. I just can't understand why she was so against me going along as a chaperone. :eusa_whistle:

Went to the kitchen and was going to fry me up some eggs for breakfast. Mrs. BBD says, "Don't make a mess in my kitchen!" I said, "OK. I won't." So what happens? Mrs. BBD has a little storage container she keeps the eggs in. As I turn around, guess who drops the container and broke over a dozen eggs on the kitchen floor? Yep. You guessed it. That would be me. So, no eggs this morning and Mrs. BBD is not happy. Oh well. Looks like Fruit Loops for breakfast this morning. Forgot to mention that I got "THE LOOK."

Oh, "THE LOOK". Head for the hills!!!

I bet that every guy here knows "the look".

:lol:

Ha,ha, the look only works for a little while....take it from an expert!:lol::lol:

Mrs. BBD's "Look" takes about 12 hours to wear off.

Attended my friend Otis' funeral this afternoon. It was a nice send off. Preacher did an excellent job of it. Now it's time to turn the page on a new chapter for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back