Using "HATE" laws to silence dissent

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
This is the element of the Democratic Party that is not only completely unacceptable to me, but is also largely responsible for its underperformance in 2020.

There is nothing more liberal than defending freedom of speech and expression. PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture are the antithesis of freedom of expression, and they are NOT liberal values.

Freedom of expression is not about defending words you like. It's about defending words you DON'T like. Without it, things like this can happen.

It's a given that starting on January 20, the term "hate speech" will be expanded to include many comments that are currently allowed (even on Facebook & Twitter!).

I am guessing that the first thing that the new Attorney General does is to put out a list of words or topics that are now forbidden to be said or written. The only exception to this new rule is if you say those words inside your home or write them in your diary.

It's a given that starting on January 20, the term "hate speech" will be expanded to include many comments that are currently allowed (even on Facebook & Twitter!). I am guessing that the first thing that the new Attorney General does is to put out a list of words or topics that are now forbidden to be said or written. The only exception to this new rule is if you say those words inside your home or write them in your diary.
I don't know that laws are required. This has been done primarily through the culture, and that has been plenty powerful enough.

This is the element of the Democratic Party that is not only completely unacceptable to me, but is also largely responsible for its underperformance in 2020.

There is nothing more liberal than defending freedom of speech and expression. PC, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture are the antithesis of freedom of expression, and they are NOT liberal values.

Freedom of expression is not about defending words you like. It's about defending words you DON'T like. Without it, things like this can happen.

Yawn.... Knew it was only a matter of time before Mitlaufer Mac went back to mewling about his lost white privilege.

Uh, guy, the Democrats did fine in 2020. They won by 7 million votes.

They did poorly downballot because they had bad candidates. Guys like Cunningham, who could have won, if they weren't doing shit like cheating on their wives.

It's a given that starting on January 20, the term "hate speech" will be expanded to include many comments that are currently allowed (even on Facebook & Twitter!).

I am guessing that the first thing that the new Attorney General does is to put out a list of words or topics that are now forbidden to be said or written. The only exception to this new rule is if you say those words inside your home or write them in your diary.

And if he puts them in writing, we still have the courts that will strike them down.

And if he puts them in writing, we still have the courts that will strike them down.
And the system holds, again.

And the system holds, again.

Once again, the Constitution of the United States Holds.

I don't know that laws are required. This has been done primarily through the culture, and that has been plenty powerful enough.

Yes, we've decided as a culture certain things are unacceptable now. We've done that all through history.

Try watching a movie from the 1950's. All the characters are smoking, women are subservient, it was unacceptable to even showing a married couple fully clothed sleeping in the same bed.

In 1954, the world was in a moral panic about Comic Books, resulting in severe censorship where whole genres of comics vanished. The world got over it.

1607949738802.png

And yet you still support the party, because in the end hating people like me is more important.

Enjoy being the last person fed to the crocodile.

I can't believe anything the corporate media says.

Yawn.... Knew it was only a matter of time before Mitlaufer Mac went back to mewling about his lost white privilege.

Uh, guy, the Democrats did fine in 2020. They won by 7 million votes.

They did poorly downballot because they had bad candidates. Guys like Cunningham, who could have won, if they weren't doing shit like cheating on their wives.
Yeah you did.
131472177_10208019442560352_686244279663425168_n.jpg

The Supreme Ct has already ruled that hate speech is constitutional. It's part of the First Amendment.

Yep keep guessing all you dumb fucks have is guesses never evidence or proof. Just bull dhit. Must get old being you.

Forum List

Back