USA Today fires girl who blamed Boulder on whites

Well, he is white, but not the white European American they were all hoping for. USA TODAY wanted it to be a European white American too

From her article in Medium:

On Monday night, I sent a tweet responding to the fact that mass shooters are most likely to be white men. It was a dashed off over-generalization, tweeted after pictures of the shooter being taken into custody surfaced online. It was a careless error of judgement, sent at a heated time, that doesn’t represent my commitment to racial equality. I regret sending it. I apologized and deleted the tweet

It is my personal opinion she should not have been fired.

She should have been, maybe, publicly cained.

But I hate to see people lose their livlihood over a mistake.

What happened to repentance and forgiveness ?

She didn't really accept responsibility for anything. It was really "alt-right". That is the source of her misery and who is to blame. Really?

She believes she is challenging whiteness. There is no repentance and no forgiveness.

She believes she is challenging whiteness. There is no repentance and no forgiveness.

And why is that ?

I can't see it.

I don't have any issues with stupidity in the medial. If they are consistently stupid (i.e. Brian Stelter), the market should weed them out.

But this feels like a cancel culture type of move.

I simply don't believe in it.

I didn't think that USA Today hired "girls" or "boys." I thought that major news outlets hire adults.

Great news
These fake hack reporters just lie and lie
Finally justice on one
My favorite quote -
"without invoking the ire and anger of alt-right Twitter.”
I refuse to accept that these hateful assholes actually believe that nonsense.

Truly, editorializing has been more and more present in "reporting". This is true in all the spectrum of ideological sources. It is not new, in fact has always been implicit, but has become more overt. Readers have become very lazy and, combined with inadequate verbal instruction in schools, propaganda passes easily in the guise of information.
Caveat emptor!

Truly, editorializing has been more and more present in "reporting". This is true in all the spectrum of ideological sources. It is not new, in fact has always been implicit, but has become more overt. Readers have become very lazy and, combined with inadequate verbal instruction in schools, propaganda passes easily in the guise of information.
Caveat emptor!

No doubt, journalism in the MSM is dead. It is mostly propaganda. And most of them just read a teleprompter on what they are supposed to say.

She didn't really accept responsibility for anything. It was really "alt-right". That is the source of her misery and who is to blame. Really?

I agree.

I would think that U.S.A. today should have figured out if she would change her POV before allowing her to continue.

Apparently, she had done this before and was reprimanded. So there was some "forgiveness".

So, I might be to generous is wanting to allow her to keep her job.

I just don't want to be part of a cancel culture that instantly goes after opposing voices to silence them.

I see that as the mantra of the left.

She was a white hater and leftist dbag

I think those terms are to strong and absolute for me.

Mind you, I don't think she was correct in what she did and it seems clear she had an agenda.

I am trying not to get caught up in the "torches and pitchforks" mentality that the left has. I think they are wrong and I don't want to be the same.

She may have had her period of penance and chose not to correct herself. Only she really knows or would know that.

Glad to see this...the USA Today has not been fully taken over by the DNC and Xiden propagandist.

Forum List

Back