US proposes change to shower rules after Trump's hair-washing moan

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The Department of Energy plan followed comments from Trump last month at a White House event on rolling back regulations. He said he believed water does not come out fast enough from fixtures.

“So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair – I don’t know about you, but it has to be perfect,” he said.

I had no idea that water pressure was such a big issue over there. Low pressures showers are pretty poor and struggle to really wake you up in the morning.I can only think of some budget hotels where this is a problem. How is your water pressure ?

1597309331521.png

To be fair, if you install your own fixtures (or pay someone to put them in), you buy full-flow, get an invoice for low-flu (for the tax credit) -- win, win.

Actually it's not his hair that his fat ass has trouble showering, the lard lad has to have an assistant to wash the crack he can't reach and that takes a fire hose nozzle. Poor pathetic metrosexual...

The one size fits all regions shower & faucet water flow rates is STUPID!!! The middle of the US has the Mighty Mississippi flowing massive flooding waters everywhere all the time. It has never run dry or had water restrictions imposed anywhere near it. Forcing everyone to waste time waiting longer to fill tub, sink or washer with water just allows more heat to escape. Showers went much faster with more water & pressure. Better to have a on off button on the shower head than to reduce the flow rate. We should have a choice to use restrictive or regular flow shower-heads.

Last edited:
Is there any regulations to save water or protect trhe environmrnt that dumbass Trump has not rolled back? And to think his supporters are so fucking stupid that they agree with him.

Trump supporters hate their children. There can be no other reason.

The Department of Energy plan followed comments from Trump last month at a White House event on rolling back regulations. He said he believed water does not come out fast enough from fixtures.

“So what do you do? You just stand there longer or you take a shower longer? Because my hair – I don’t know about you, but it has to be perfect,” he said.

I had no idea that water pressure was such a big issue over there. Low pressures showers are pretty poor and struggle to really wake you up in the morning.I can only think of some budget hotels where this is a problem. How is your water pressure ?

View attachment 374458
Well...in Trump's defense. Great pressure is probably necessary to remove the amount of product used to hold his rat's nest together.

View attachment 374458
The water pressure is fine.... it's the shower head fixtures that are regulated to have a lower, water saving flow....when you buy a new one or a new home, for about 20 plus years now, I believe....

I have a couple of older basic shower heads, that we have moved from house to house with us for a couple of decades, because they have a great pressure flow.

Actually it's not his hair that his fat ass has trouble showering, the lard lad has to have an assistant to wash the crack he can't reach and that takes a fire hose nozzle. Poor pathetic metrosexual...
when that's all you got to complain about someone's physique. I bet you're the model fitness dude! not overweight at all, right? LOL. pots calling kettle's in here is hilarious. ALWAYS!

The petty shit that Trump voters whine and have hissy fits about is astounding...
ohhh the irony, here you are complaining about petty shit.

Always curious, if you fks ever consider your words before you post, like that's coming back at me type question? I fking laugh my ass off at the irony you all display hourly it seems.

I give two shits how he showers, wipes his ass, or picks his fking nose. but you all do!!! so fking funny. I want the mther fker to run the country, which he has done marvelously. I know it is because all the anx from you all constantly.

Last edited:

View attachment 374458
The water pressure is fine.... it's the shower head fixtures that are regulated to have a lower, water saving flow....when you buy a new one or a new home, for about 20 plus years now, I believe....

I have a couple of older basic shower heads, that we have moved from house to house with us for a couple of decades, because they have a great pressure flow.
No! - All new shower valves restrict water usage to 1.8/gpm. The shower heads also has restrictions. I will take 30 minutes to half fill a standard 80 gallon bath tub at that rate & the water will be cold by then. Only California & Texas need those.

Last edited:

View attachment 374458

No! - All new shower valves restrict water usage to 1.8/gpm. The shower heads also has restrictions. I will take 30 minutes to half fill a standard 80 gallon bath tub at that rate & the water will be cold by then. Only California & Texas need those.
Are shower valves in the shower head mechanism? Or are they in the piping?

Cuz I have a shower head (and the hubby for his shower head too) that I would defend with my life, before giving it up!!! NO ONE would or could take that thing from me! It works like no other, (but my hubby's) that I've seen in 20 plus years! Maybe even 30 years!

The one size fits all regions shower & faucet water flow rates is STUPID!!! The middle of the US has the Mighty Mississippi flowing massive flooding waters everywhere all the time. It has never run dry or had water restrictions imposed anywhere near it. Forcing everyone to waste time waiting longer to fill tub, sink or washer with water just allows more heat to escape. Showers went much faster with more water & pressure. Better to have a on off button on the shower head than to reduce the flow rate. We should have a choice to use restrictive or regular flow shower-heads.
You would have hated my grandparents farmhouse tub where you were allowed four inches of water in a bath because of low water availability.

Who is preventing you from getting a full flow shower head or a water saver device? Just go to Home Depot or any hardware store.

Who is preventing you from getting a full flow shower head or a water saver device? Just go to Home Depot or any hardware store.
Wrong! I remodel a dozen kitchens & baths in the last year & they don't have any high flow temp balance shower valves or sink faucet at HomeDepot, Lowes or Menards because of regulations.

You would have hated my grandparents farmhouse tub where you were allowed four inches of water in a bath because of low water availability.
I have high flow wells & city water at 90psi. My well filled my 80,000 gallon swimming pool in under 5 days. I irrigate my garden with it. There is absolutely no water shortage here!

I have 12/gpm at 90psi supplying the shower valve & just want 3/gpm of temp/pressure balanced water to blast out of my new shower for 3 to 5 minutes like the my 20 year old one does. But big business won't make any over 1.8/gpm due to big government..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back