US Natural gas bills will likely DOUBLE...

No rolling blackouts here either.

I have never experienced a rolling blackout here.

The only time we lose power is when a storm blew down lines. Then it's fixed in a day or so.

I'm sorry those in the east will be facing a hard winter.

Maybe they should take a look at what my state has been doing since the 90s.

I just paid my electric bill today. It was a whopping 18.54.

The four people I let stay here during the pandemic are gone now so it's just me. The bill did go down from what it was.

It costs 18.54 for me to have all the electricity I used for this month's bill.
That is friggin impressive, on your electric billing! I just shut down the pool for the season about 2 weeks ago and am looking forward to hundred plus dollar drop in my bill until spring, that still has us, a heck of a lot higher than $18.54.
Do you generate and store using Solar?

That is friggin impressive, on your electric billing! I just shut down the pool for the season about 2 weeks ago and am looking forward to hundred plus dollar drop in my bill until spring, that still has us, a heck of a lot higher than $18.54.
I suspect she is using the power...of deceit.

Electricity is cheapest in mommy's basement.

Probably never seen an electric bill...much less paid one.

I suspect she is using the power...of deceit.

Electricity is cheapest in mommy's basement.

Probably never seen an electric bill...much less paid one.
I thought she worked in healthcare administration as a paper pusher at some level.

I thought she worked in healthcare administration as a paper pusher at some level.
Maybe that's what her mom does.

I know TN has some of the lowest electricity rates in the country...and Missouri isn't that much higher...and my electric bill is rarely lower than $100 a month and that's spring and fall with me on the road 18 days a month and Mrs. Mo home alone.

Figure NY, MA, CT and CA..the quintessential blue states are typically almost double what you and I pay per kw-hr.

What could you run for a month for $18?

Maybe that's what her mom does.

I know TN has some of the lowest electricity rates in the country...and Missouri isn't that much higher...and my electric bill is rarely lower than $100 a month and that's spring and fall with me on the road 18 days a month and Mrs. Mo home alone.

Figure NY, MA, CT and CA..the quintessential blue states are typically almost double what you and I pay per kw-hr.

What could you run for a month for $18?
Sure won't keep the pool operating.

US Natural gas bills will likely DOUBLE...​

Aggie Athletics will be richer than GOD!!!!

:banana:

1200px-Texas_A%26M_University_logo.svg.png

We will be able to hire 10 Jimbos with this new development!!!

Thank you, Joe Biden.

Nah. It was the Democrats that started TVA (though republicans tried to kill it for years) and we have some of the lowest energy prices with the best consistency in the country.

Oh come on.
Dimocrats have been working to end the use of coal and natural gas for years. In addition, even hydro is not considered "renewable" resources to these people, Here in the northwest, they want to spend tens of millions to save a few salmon, causing the reduction og hydro power.
Think this will all equate to lower rates?

No rolling blackouts here either.

I have never experienced a rolling blackout here.

The only time we lose power is when a storm blew down lines. Then it's fixed in a day or so.

I'm sorry those in the east will be facing a hard winter.

Maybe they should take a look at what my state has been doing since the 90s.

I just paid my electric bill today. It was a whopping 18.54.

The four people I let stay here during the pandemic are gone now so it's just me. The bill did go down from what it was.

It costs 18.54 for me to have all the electricity I used for this month's bill.

What is your KWH rate? I would have to see your bill for $18.54 before I would believe it. No one living in a home today that has an average amount of electrical appliances is paying a bill such as that.
You either have an impressive alternate source, or most of your major appliances are running on natural gas, or you live in a motorhome.

Last edited:

Unless she has some alternative sources, there is no way she is operating an average size home ANYWHERE in this country paying an electrical bill such as that.
Most electric utilities in this country have a base rate that is higher than that, even if you turned all of your breakers off and used ZERO kilowatts.

What is your KWH rate? I would have to see your bill for $18.54 before I would believe it. No one living in a home today that has an average amount of electrical appliances is paying a bill such as that.
You either have an impressive alternate source, or most of your major appliances are running on natural gas, or you live in a motorhome.
Or Dana is one of these guys.

1634420390301.png

Here's an example from a typical northwest utility that will show you Dana7360's bill is not truthful. I should mention, that the northwest has historically had some of the cheapest electric rates per KWH for the entire world.

Basic charge$20.50
Delivery charge
1,600 kWh x 2.62 cents

$41.98
Energy charge
1,600 kWh x 6.52 cents

$104.38
TOTAL ELECTRIC BILL$166.86

The basic charge is the amount you are charged just for being signed up for service. You could have your main breaker off, and literally not consume a single KWH and you'd still be out $20.50. Unless your home is vacant, and you've shut everything off, you're going to consume KWH's, even if you were away for the entire billing period. If you have an electric water heater for instance, unless you've shut the breaker off, the two element thermostats are going to cycle on and off to maintain the water temperature, whether the water in the tank is being consumed or not. Same with electric heat of course. Lights, electric clocks, and other electric devices unless again you shut them completely off, are going to consume while you're away.

Dana's 18.54 for a month's electricity use is a good 50 years ago, and a fantasy for today.

By the way, the 1600 KWH's in this case is the average household use in this utility's operating territory.

Oh come on.
Dimocrats have been working to end the use of coal and natural gas for years. In addition, even hydro is not considered "renewable" resources to these people, Here in the northwest, they want to spend tens of millions to save a few salmon, causing the reduction og hydro power.
Think this will all equate to lower rates?
Can understand coal. It is filthy, stinks when burned, creating acid rain, which harms the forrests, burns the eyes and burned coal creates dangerous solid waste that has to be dealt with.
What's the matter with natural gas? It burns cleaner than just about anything I can think of and is very popular and the US is the #1 producer on the planet and has been going back to around 2010. It ain't going away anytime soon, and is a much cleaner fuel for power generation and heating than any other combustible fuel.
You got your problems. We got our benefits. TVA operates 29 hydroelectric dams across the Tennessee River Valley watershed, supplying 13% of the power to the system. Not sure what percentage of your power you receive from Hydroelectric generation, while providing navigation, recreational areas and enhanced river commerce.
Am aware they are trying to keep vital natural resources and species alive and vibrant in your region. Hopefully you folks can figure out how to do both. It is not an all or nothing deal and with the right management it can be worked out effectively, efficiently and productively.

No I'm connected to the grid my state has.

The difference is how that energy is generated.

We get 60% of our electricity from water. Another 20% from alternative sources, 10% from nuclear and other 10 from natural gas.

We generate our own electricity here in state. We don't use coal or bad polluting sources.

We started building one of the largest wind farms in the nation in the 1990s. When it first came on line, it generated too much energy for the existing grid to handle. So we voted to raise our taxes to build a new one that could handle the new energy. We have been adding to that wind farm since so now those windmills are all over the state.

Along with solar farms. Big areas of solar panels out in the desert.

We generate more energy than we use so we sell our excess to other states for a profit.

The republicans in my state fought it. At first.

It created a lot of good jobs when there weren't any out in those rural areas.

It also caused us to have the second lowest electric rates in the nation.

Everyone here is used to having very low energy bills.

It's funny, my state is off fossil fuels yet we aren't living in Stone Age conditions and have not given up anything except for high energy bills and dirty air.

None of the predictions of doom that the republicans said was supposed to happen, actually happened. In fact, the exact opposite happened.

One more very important fact, we didn't deregulate and privatize our energy here like so many other states. The people of my state still own and control it. No private company has any say on that electricity or any ownership of it so they can't jack up our rates out of pure greed.

I wish more states would follow our lead but unfortunately, some states prefer not to and remain slaves to fossil fuels.

They will be facing high energy bills this winter. As far as I'm concerned, it's their own fault.

Can understand coal. It is filthy, stinks when burned, creating acid rain, which harms the forrests, burns the eyes and burned coal creates dangerous solid waste that has to be dealt with.
What's the matter with natural gas? It burns cleaner than just about anything I can think of and is very popular and the US is the #1 producer on the planet and has been going back to around 2010. It ain't going away anytime soon, and is a much cleaner fuel for power generation and heating than any other combustible fuel.
You got your problems. We got our benefits. TVA operates 29 hydroelectric dams across the Tennessee River Valley watershed, supplying 13% of the power to the system. Not sure what percentage of your power you receive from Hydroelectric generation, while providing navigation, recreational areas and enhanced river commerce.
Am aware they are trying to keep vital natural resources and species alive and vibrant in your region. Hopefully you folks can figure out how to do both. It is not an all or nothing deal and with the right management it can be worked out effectively, efficiently and productively.

There was a time the northwest received 100% of it's electricity generation from hydro (Bonneville Power Administration) those dams on the Columbia are incredible, and they can light up the region. Over the years though, there have been modifications, and now we are dependent on other sources such as coal and wind.
Dimocrats here want to leap us 30 years into the future and eliminate hydro, but there's no way we are prepared for that any time soon. The alternative has been to force utilities to purchase more "green power" which of course costs much more.
Like everything else, under Dimocrat rule, everything is much more expensive.

No I'm connected to the grid my state has.

The difference is how that energy is generated.

We get 60% of our electricity from water. Another 20% from alternative sources, 10% from nuclear and other 10 from natural gas.

We generate our own electricity here in state. We don't use coal or bad polluting sources.

We started building one of the largest wind farms in the nation in the 1990s. When it first came on line, it generated too much energy than the existing grid could handle. So we voted to raise our taxes to build a new one that could handle the new energy. We have been adding to that wind farm since so now those windmills are all over the state.

Along with solar farms. Big areas of solar panels out in the desert.

We generate more energy than we use so we sell our excess to other states for a profit.

The republicans in my state fought it. At first.

It created a lot of good jobs when there weren't any out in those rural areas.

It also caused us to have the second lowest electric rates in the nation.

Everyone here is used to having very low energy bills.

It's funny, my state is off fossil fuels yet we aren't living in Stone Age conditions and have not given up anything except for high energy bills and dirty air.

None of the predictions of doom that the republicans said was supposed to happen, actually happened. In fact, the exact opposite happened.

I wish more states would follow our lead but unfortunately, some states prefer not to and remain slaves to fossil fuels.

They will be facing high energy bills this winter. As far as I'm concerned, it's their own fault.

Are you going to tell us how you can claim your electric bill is $18.00 when I know damn well your base charges would alone be higher than that?

Forum List

Back