US Military can’t meet its recruitment goals, 40% of target for the year.

It would kind of depend on how disruptive those beliefs are. Clearly, if you had iamwhatiseem going into the office and screaming the homophobic shit he screams here safely hiding behind a screen name, his gay coworkers would be pretty uncomfortable and

There is a difference between a belief, and acting out on it.

Well, you'd be wrong.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/factsheets/FACT_Veterans_Sept16_ENGESQA508c.pdf

As a protected veteran under VEVRAA, you have the right to work in an environment free of discrimination. You cannot be denied employment, harassed, demoted, terminated, paid less or treated less favorably because of your veteran status.

Well bad link, but I know what you are talking about.

And FYI, that only applies to Federal contractors and subcontractors. Nobody else. So 99.9% of the companies in the country can freely discriminate against Veterans, only those that do work directly for the Federal Government can not.

Okay, a couple of things here. it kind of sounds like you are having a hard time marketing yourself as an employee. As someone who does resume writing, you might want to consider contracting a resume writer who has experience dealing with veterans to get the most out of your experience.

Actually not. Interestingly, in the 1990's when I left the Marines I never had that problem. Of course, at that time the IT industry was hot and they were screaming for any they could get.

The problems came in the 2010s when I left the Army. And things had changed, a lot. And today we hear on the news almost constantly about "crazed war veterans snapping", and that tends to put off a lot on hiring vets. Veteran unemployment is a growing concern, as they are now among the most likely to be unemployed. Even more so than recent high school graduates with little to no job skills.

It is not just me, this is seen nationally.

It seems like you have the added wrinkle of having a disability. The problem with the ADA is that while it is a well-meaning law, it's probably done more harm to people with disabilities than good. The hitch is the term "reasonable accommodation". Well, what is a reasonable accommodation? What might be reasonable to you isn't necessarily reasonable to me. And, yes, too many employers will just try to avoid the whole subject by not hiring someone at all.

Well, my condition is actually rather benign, right knee injury and arthritis. And there are not many things I am not able to do. In fact, one would think that employers would seek out people like me as they can check off a box and even get a grant from the government and tax benefits. The same is available to any that hire vets, but few employers want to bother. Even for "free money".

And FYI, that only applies to Federal contractors and subcontractors. Nobody else. So 99.9% of the companies in the country can freely discriminate against Veterans, only those that do work directly for the Federal Government can not.

Let's try this one.

Two Federal laws prohibit discrimination in employment based on your status as a veteran or service member. Under one law, you’re protected from discrimination based on your prior service in the uniformed services; current service in the uniformed services; or intent to join the uniformed services. This is regardless of whether your employer is a private employer, the Federal Government, a state government, or local government. You may also be protected against discrimination under Federal law if you are an employee of a Federal contractor or subcontractor and meet the definition of a “protected veteran.” Additionally, under both laws, your employer is also prohibited from discriminating against you because of your attempt to enforce your rights or someone else’s rights. This means your employer may not take any adverse action against you because of your status as a veteran or service member or because you have attempted to enforce your rights, or someone e

Actually not. Interestingly, in the 1990's when I left the Marines I never had that problem. Of course, at that time the IT industry was hot and they were screaming for any they could get.

The problems came in the 2010s when I left the Army. And things had changed, a lot. And today we hear on the news almost constantly about "crazed war veterans snapping", and that tends to put off a lot on hiring vets. Veteran unemployment is a growing concern, as they are now among the most likely to be unemployed. Even more so than recent high school graduates with little to no job skills.

I've had exactly the opposite experience... I get a lot more respect for my service now than when I first got out in 1992.

Well, my condition is actually rather benign, right knee injury and arthritis. And there are not many things I am not able to do. In fact, one would think that employers would seek out people like me as they can check off a box and even get a grant from the government and tax benefits. The same is available to any that hire vets, but few employers want to bother. Even for "free money".

Again, I agree, that's not a big deal... but the problem here is the way ADA is worded. You could have grounds to sue an employer for discrimination even if the conduct wasn't disability related. This is why employers are reluctant to hire people with disabilities DESPITE the ADA.

There is a difference between a belief, and acting out on it.

It is not just me, this is seen nationally.

Preppies Owe Vietnam Vets $60,000 Lives

Preppies Owe Vietnam Vets $60,000 Lives

084.png

This shill MSM report struggles to find why no one wants to join Biden’s Army.

Is it that young people are too emotionally unstable and afraid?
They are too out of shape? No land whales allowed?

Maybe it’s because so few young people have parents that were in the military (thanks rampant immigration)?

But the article doesn’t touch the fact that the military leadership and the Biden Regime have gone out of its way to demonize the largest recruiting demographic: cornbread white boys from the south and Midwest. Their Generals are very concerned about “white rage” and transgender pronouns. Then of course there is the elephant in the room, the mandatory experimental vaccines no one wants.
Why are you just making dumb shit up? We don't have to guess why they aren't joining. We can just ask them.

"
The top reasons for not joining the military were the possibility of physical injury/death, the possibility of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or emotional/psychological issues and the possibility of sexual harassment/assault.

In 2021, nearly one in four U.S. servicewomen reported being sexually assaulted in the militaryz, and that’s a deterrent for potential recruits.

32% of respondents cited the “possibility of sexual harassment/assault” as a reason not to join the military"

Why are you just making dumb shit up? We don't have to guess why they aren't joining. We can just ask them.

"
The top reasons for not joining the military were the possibility of physical injury/death, the possibility of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or emotional/psychological issues and the possibility of sexual harassment/assault.

In 2021, nearly one in four U.S. servicewomen reported being sexually assaulted in the militaryz, and that’s a deterrent for potential recruits.

32% of respondents cited the “possibility of sexual harassment/assault” as a reason not to join the military"

Women only make up 14% of the military.

Nice try though.

Not only women were mentioned.

Not really a nice try on your part at all.

You should start over.
Well the only other reason listed in your article is that too many kids have no connection at all to our military or this nation. So many are foreigners or kids of foreigners, so they have no allegiance to the US. And thanks to our education system and media pushing racism and CRT shit, many of them would never think of defending this country. In other words too much leftwing indoctrination.

That's also not true.

The other reasonS listed were:

And

Again, big fail by you. You should start over again.
Oh, how could I forget those excuses. They’re a bunch of pussies too afraid they may get hurt. Not just physically but they are so mentally fragile as well…they might get PTSD if someone doesn’t use their made up pronouns.

Oh, how could I forget those excuses. They’re a bunch of pussies too afraid they may get hurt. Not just physically but they are so mentally fragile as well…they might get PTSD if someone doesn’t use their made up pronouns.
So let's review:

We actually asked young people why they aren't joining the military, and they have us the answers.

But you are a delusional freak, so you say those are all lies and make up reasons for them instead that are more aligned with whatever fantasyland is rattling around that confused brain of yours.

Cool thread, bro.

Liberals have been shitting on the military since bill clinton was president

And it will not bother libs in the least if America is defenseless

So let's review:

We actually asked young people why they aren't joining the military, and they have us the answers.

But you are a delusional freak, so you say those are all lies and make up reasons for them instead that are more aligned with whatever fantasyland is rattling around that confused brain of yours.

Cool thread, bro.
Oh, the MSM has “answers”. They claim too many are afraid of getting hurt. Now why would that suddenly be a problem?

The thread is about how the stooges at the Pentagon and their lapdog media won’t address the real issue: military leadership gone woke, demonizing white conservatives as “white supremacists”, and mandatory (illegal) experimental vaccinations.

Do you really think the media would ever admit those are reasons for people not joining?

Lets see the actual poll they gave young people and what format it was in.

So let's review:

Cool thread, bro.
By the way, your link cites a poll done in the fall of 2020.

So that does not take into account mandated vaccines, or Biden’s failed leadership and rats he has running the Pentagon, and the woke Agenda they are pushing in the military now.

So your link refutes absolutely nothing I brought up.

No, they do not join simply because they do not want to join.

False statistic.. In fact, here are some real statistics.

1 in 16 females in the military report to have been a victim of sexual assault during their time in. Compare that to 1 in 6 that report the same thing in civilian life.

By those numbers, it is almost 3 times safer in the military.

Please learn some facts, and do not just vomit up some made up beliefs and claim they are facts.

Forum List

Back