US Government Spends A Record $433 Billion In One Month As Deficit Explodes

So you need the dems to fix it?
It's not the dems job to correct the repubs faulty plan.
The GOP should have made the spending cuts before the tax cuts.
/—-/ No, since you’re so dense, I’ll spell it out for you. If democRATs were sincere about reducing the deficit they would have offered their own balanced budget but they never did. Still confused?

The last two Dem presidents were sincere as they both reduced the deficit, dope.

That's a bit of a misleading statistic where Obama is concerned, because the deficit in his first year was so astronomically high. Even then, the deficit went up in some of the Obama years, including going up at the end of his presidency.

Put another way, there was only one year during Obama's presidency in which the deficit was not higher than any year under any other president. In 2015 the deficit was $438 billion, which was less than the deficit in 2008. That's it. Every other year during Obama the deficit was higher than at any other point in US history.

It's great that the deficit went down from the almost $1.5 trillion of 2009. The situation was a lot different from other periods, though.

Besides, presidents don't hold the purse-strings. Congress should be looked at more than presidents when it comes to spending, IMO.

Is the U.S. Budget Deficit Really That Bad?

This shows both the president's party and which party has control of the senate and house, giving a more complete picture about who is in charge during different deficit years.
U.S. Federal Deficits, Presidents, and Congress

Great. Now take spending for inherited wars and recovery out of the equation and add the savings from deficit reductions back in.

Where's Trump's war and recovery spending?
Where's his deficit reduction and spending cuts? Is it even a priority? I haven't even heard him discuss it.
Why should we take any of that out? When do you turds ever take the cost of Dim social programs out?

Because no other president had necessary emergency expenditures like those, dope.

...'The real highlight of the August budget report was that government outlays, or total spending, soared to $433.3 billion, not only 30% higher than a year ago, but the highest government monthly outlay of any month on record.'

Federal deficit jumps by $214 billion in August

Absolutely pathetic.

Is this Trump's/the Rep's idea of 'small government'?

Useless pricks.

Lol
The deep state is constantly spending money it does not have… So shut the fuck up

The highest monthly outlay ever, Thanks Trump.

So Republicans did nothing, while Obama tripled it, and you're happy with the later?

Fake news the only President to ever triple the debt was Ronnie Raygun!

Deficit and debt are not the same thing.

Also, Reagan was not the only president to have the debt triple while he was in office. The debt increased more than 11 times while FDR was president, going from $22 billion to $258 billion. The debt increased more than 8 times while Wilson was president, going from just under $3 billion to just under $24 billion. I'll repost the link I'm using to get these figures:

Thank you sir I stand corrected. FDR was dealing with some pretty serious issues during his time in office though.
FDR was busy getting us into his war.

FDR had the Depression to deal with, and WWII wasn't *his* war. While it is my understanding that FDR definitely pushed to get the US involved in the war, hindsight seems to show that getting involved in the war was ultimately the right thing.
FDR didn't just "push it." He engineered it.

It would have been better to let Germany and Russia slug it out until they destroyed each other.

...'The real highlight of the August budget report was that government outlays, or total spending, soared to $433.3 billion, not only 30% higher than a year ago, but the highest government monthly outlay of any month on record.'

Absolutely pathetic.

Useless pricks.

Lol
The deep state is constantly spending money it does not have… So shut the fuck up

Who has the highest yearly deficit ever? Monthly deficit?

Obama tripled the deficit before he halved it. He's like the used car salesman on TV saying he's taking $500 off the price.

As opposed to the republicans who did nothing with the deficit.
So Republicans did nothing, while Obama tripled it, and you're happy with the later?
You dopes always refer to Obama as if he never had to address a failing economy that no modern president has.
Spending was required to get us out of the hole we were in. The deficit was cut later.

Trump has blown those deficit reductions up in a good economy.
You mean the way you douchebags had to deal with the collapse of Clinton's tech bubble, 9/11 and the war on terror?

Great. What was left for Obama? He managed to reduce the deficit by nearly 75%.

How did Obama reduce the deficit by 75%? :popcorn:

/—-/ No, since you’re so dense, I’ll spell it out for you. If democRATs were sincere about reducing the deficit they would have offered their own balanced budget but they never did. Still confused?

The last two Dem presidents were sincere as they both reduced the deficit, dope.

That's a bit of a misleading statistic where Obama is concerned, because the deficit in his first year was so astronomically high. Even then, the deficit went up in some of the Obama years, including going up at the end of his presidency.

Put another way, there was only one year during Obama's presidency in which the deficit was not higher than any year under any other president. In 2015 the deficit was $438 billion, which was less than the deficit in 2008. That's it. Every other year during Obama the deficit was higher than at any other point in US history.

It's great that the deficit went down from the almost $1.5 trillion of 2009. The situation was a lot different from other periods, though.

Besides, presidents don't hold the purse-strings. Congress should be looked at more than presidents when it comes to spending, IMO.

This shows both the president's party and which party has control of the senate and house, giving a more complete picture about who is in charge during different deficit years.

Great. Now take spending for inherited wars and recovery out of the equation and add the savings from deficit reductions back in.

Where's his deficit reduction and spending cuts? Is it even a priority? I haven't even heard him discuss it.
Why should we take any of that out? When do you turds ever take the cost of Dim social programs out?

Because no other president had necessary emergency expenditures like those, dope.
They were totally unnecessary.

Obama tripled the deficit before he halved it. He's like the used car salesman on TV saying he's taking $500 off the price.

You dopes always refer to Obama as if he never had to address a failing economy that no modern president has.
Spending was required to get us out of the hole we were in. The deficit was cut later.

You mean the way you douchebags had to deal with the collapse of Clinton's tech bubble, 9/11 and the war on terror?

Only after he increased it by 400%

Last edited:
Fake news the only President to ever triple the debt was Ronnie Raygun!

Also, Reagan was not the only president to have the debt triple while he was in office. The debt increased more than 11 times while FDR was president, going from $22 billion to $258 billion. The debt increased more than 8 times while Wilson was president, going from just under $3 billion to just under $24 billion. I'll repost the link I'm using to get these figures:

Thank you sir I stand corrected. FDR was dealing with some pretty serious issues during his time in office though.

FDR had the Depression to deal with, and WWII wasn't *his* war. While it is my understanding that FDR definitely pushed to get the US involved in the war, hindsight seems to show that getting involved in the war was ultimately the right thing.

It would have been better to let Germany and Russia slug it out until they destroyed each other.

FDR created the Great Depression (which began years before his first term as president) and he engineered World War II? That man was a supervillain, I guess! :rofl:

Only after he increased it by 150%

How did Obama increase the deficit by 150%?

So you need the dems to fix it?
It's not the dems job to correct the repubs faulty plan.
The GOP should have made the spending cuts before the tax cuts.

What does Trump have to do with this? I haven't claimed Trump is lowering deficits.

I never said he did. In fact I made the point that he has not.

Your points on Obama ignore the significant factors that required such spending when he entered office. The fact is, Obama made significant deficit reductions despite the shitshow he had to manage earlier.

Trump squandered those reductions for approval points.

There is no equivalency.

FDR created the Great Depression (which began years before his first term as president) and he engineered World War II? That man was a supervillain, I guess! :rofl:

What began in 1929 was a sharp but short recession. The economy was already on the rebound when Roosevelt II ascended the throne. Then he started fiddling with the economy, and all the indicators when into the dumber.

He also maneuvered the Japanese into attacking Pearl Harbor.

The so-called "stimulus."

Absolutely pathetic.

Useless pricks.

Lol

Absolutely pathetic.

Useless pricks.

Lol

Without 9/11 or the largest recession since the depression.

Because of what was left to him, dope.

What does Trump have to do with this? I haven't claimed Trump is lowering deficits.

I never said he did. In fact I made the point that he has not.

Your points on Obama ignore the significant factors that required such spending when he entered office. The fact is, Obama made significant deficit reductions despite the shitshow he had to manage earlier.

Trump squandered those reductions for approval points.

There is no equivalency.

You misunderstand. I was asking what Trump had to do with this because you brought him up. Why bring him up when responding to me?

And to repeat: Congress holds the purse-strings, not the president. I don't deny that presidents influence congressional budgets, but this simplistic 'Obama lowered the deficit' as though he single-handedly wrote and passed the federal budget during his terms is just silly.

We have cut 'our deficits by almost three-quarters,' Obama says in State of the Union

Because of what was left to him, dope.

There was no justification to pass a $1 trillion dollar "stimulus" that served only to keep parasites on the government payroll.

Ah. Was the stimulus passed by executive order? I thought Congress passed it and Obama signed it into law.

We have cut 'our deficits by almost three-quarters,' Obama says in State of the Union
You mean he cut his deficits by nearly three quarters - after he increased them by 400%.

Ah. Was the stimulus passed by executive order? I thought Congress passed it and Obama signed it into law.
So Trump isn't responsible for the last budget Congress passed?

Forum List

Back