US Posts $119 Billion Surplus In January, Decline In Deficit By 65%. Thanks Brandon!

It's true. Deficits always decline when the Democrats are in office.
Only if they have a Republican congress to keep them in check. Look at the first part Of 44 presidency then at it after the mostly demotic congress was replaced. It has traditionally been that way

Only if they have a Republican congress to keep them in check. Look at the first part Of 44 presidency then at it after the mostly demotic congress was replaced. It has traditionally been that way
Yeah. Refusing to fund security expenses for US embassies except Baghdad and Afghanistan really pissed me off. 13 US embassies were attacked when dubya was president and 60 people were killed.

January is the time when a lot of Americans and corporations pay their income taxes and there is a big surge of government revenue.

Don't you stupid Moon Bats worry your little heads. At the end of the year the US will be close to a trillion more in debt. Especially with this bloated spending bill the Democrats passed the other day.

Feb 10 (Reuters) - The U.S. government posted a $119 billion budget surplus in January, the first in more than two years, amid strong growth in tax receipts and a sharp drop in pandemic-related outlays, the Treasury Department said on Thursday.

The January surplus compared to a January 2021 deficit of $163 billion, a record for the month asdirect payments to individuals from COVID-19 aid legislation enacted in December 2020 were distributed.

The surplus last month was the first since the $83 billion reported in September 2019 and the largest since the $160 billion in April 2019. April and September are traditionally months with high tax collections.

The January receipts grew by 21% to $465 billion, boosted by a 21% jump in individual withheld income and payroll taxes that reflected higher employment and earnings due to the economic recovery.

January outlays fell 37% to $346 billion, partly as they did not include $142 billion in individual stimulus payments sent in January 2021.

The surplus for the month also was helped by the recognition of $70 billion in proceeds from a wireless spectrum auction, a U.S. Treasury official said.

For the first four months of the 2022 fiscal year that started Oct. 1, the Treasury reported a deficit of $259 billion, a 65% decline from the year-earlier deficit of $736 billion. Year-to-date receipts grew 28% to $1.52 trillion, while outlays for the period fell 8% to $1.78 trillion.

Oh please. So far only the House has passed the 2.2+ Trillion Build Back Beggar act. Barring a miracle, the Senate will pass it too. Good bye surplus. Hello massively increased deficit.

Well that's convenient spin to put on what actually happened.

ALL of the bailouts and the stimulus bills were passed in the first two years of the Obama Administration, along with the Affordable Care Act. In addition to that spending, W had kept the costs of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars off the books so those costs weren't included in the budget deficits, so W's real deficits were kept hidden from the American people. We call those "Stupid Budget Tricks"

Obama immediately included the costs of those wars in his budget so the American people would know the costs. And having spent the money and primed the economic pump, with the bailouts and stimulus spending, he spent the rest of his administration reducing the deficit.

The success of the Obama Economy reduced the deficit. Then Dumb Donald came in, cut taxes for the rich, started spending like a drunken sailor, and crashed the economy yet again, when the pandemic hit. It's what Republicans do.

Yeah. Refusing to fund security expenses for US embassies except Baghdad and Afghanistan really pissed me off. 13 US embassies were attacked when dubya was president and 60 people were killed.
Not really sure what that has to do with deficit spending but I do not like a lot of things being defunded nor am I a big fan of a lot of things that are funded. But I also understand that we need to stop spending on the government credit card

Well that's convenient spin to put on what actually happened.

ALL of the bailouts and the stimulus bills were passed in the first two years of the Obama Administration, along with the Affordable Care Act. In addition to that spending, W had kept the costs of the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars off the books so those costs weren't included in the budget deficits, so W's real deficits were kept hidden from the American people. We call those "Stupid Budget Tricks"

Obama immediately included the costs of those wars in his budget so the American people would know the costs. And having spent the money and primed the economic pump, with the bailouts and stimulus spending, he spent the rest of his administration reducing the deficit.

The success of the Obama Economy reduced the deficit. Then Dumb Donald came in, cut taxes for the rich, started spending like a drunken sailor, and crashed the economy yet again, when the pandemic hit. It's what Republicans do.
Damn you really are a partisan shill. Go back and look at history. I only posted your savior as one example of many. 44 increased the deficit at twice what every president had done all rolled up into one.

Not really sure what that has to do with deficit spending but I do not like a lot of things being defunded nor am I a big fan of a lot of things that are funded. But I also understand that we need to stop spending on the government credit card
Weren't you talking about Republican Congress?

See you really do not understand debt debt ceiling.
Try this but I am sure you will claim fake news.

Partisan hack that is totally clueless.

1647024614938.png

When the national debt gets lowered, than I’ll cheer…

Roflol. Partisan hack that is totally clueless. Got you pegged.
You screeched at everything Trump did. You are convinced tha Biden is almost as great as your savior 44. Crawl back into your little hole and hide

My only and only saviour is Jesus Christ. I don't worship politicians, nor am I a partisan anything. I vote for people to manage our national resources in the best interests of our people. Those who do the job well, get my vote. Those who disregard my interests, don't get my vote.

In his first federal debate, Andrew Scheer, the Conservative leader, was asked what he was offering the Canadian people if they elected him Prime Minister. Scheer's entire answer to talk about how inexperienced Justin Trudeau was. Not one word about his platform or his programs, or how he would govern the country. Just three straight minutes of slagging Trudeau.

I sat down with my tax return and a calculator, and went through the Conservative platform to improve life for seniors on fixed income, and for my children and their families. My net income dropped by $2000 a year under the Conservative proposals. Young families just starting out would be much worse off.

I notice you said I criticized everything Trump DID. Imagine that. I criticized his policies, and their effects on the You criticize Joe Biden for stuttering. You call him "senile" and "stupid" and you rail on the things he hasn't fixed yet. Yet Joe's policies have lifted millions of families out of poverty, and improved the lives of millions of American workers.

He's reinforced and strengthened NATO and is providing clear headed and stable policy during the War on Ukraine. I don't agree with everything he's done, but I'm not privy to all of the intel he has either. WWIII would already have started under Donald Trump. Europe is listening to Biden, and they laughed in Trump's face - with good reason.

My only and only saviour is Jesus Christ. I don't worship politicians, nor am I a partisan anything. I vote for people to manage our national resources in the best interests of our people. Those who do the job well, get my vote. Those who disregard my interests, don't get my vote.

In his first federal debate, Andrew Scheer, the Conservative leader, was asked what he was offering the Canadian people if they elected him Prime Minister. Scheer's entire answer to talk about how inexperienced Justin Trudeau was. Not one word about his platform or his programs, or how he would govern the country. Just three straight minutes of slagging Trudeau.

I sat down with my tax return and a calculator, and went through the Conservative platform to improve life for seniors on fixed income, and for my children and their families. My net income dropped by $2000 a year under the Conservative proposals. Young families just starting out would be much worse off.

I notice you said I criticized everything Trump DID. Imagine that. I criticized his policies, and their effects on the You criticize Joe Biden for stuttering. You call him "senile" and "stupid" and you rail on the things he hasn't fixed yet. Yet Joe's policies have lifted millions of families out of poverty, and improved the lives of millions of American workers.

He's reinforced and strengthened NATO and is providing clear headed and stable policy during the War on Ukraine. I don't agree with everything he's done, but I'm not privy to all of the intel he has either. WWIII would already have started under Donald Trump. Europe is listening to Biden, and they laughed in Trump's face - with good reason.
You have no idea what I rail on anybody about. Get over yourself.

Forum List

Back