US coronavirus: Hospitalization rates are down across the US, but these 8 states still have fewer than 15% of ICU beds available

Your infection & hospitalization rates are low right now. In the Deep South and Intermountain West where vax percentages are low and mitigation standards are non existent, it’s an entirely different story. And not just rural hospitals.

I have a Boise friend who got real sick about three weeks and had to be coptered to a hospital in eastern Oregon. The hospitals in metro area (St Al’s & St Luke’s) are huge and they serve a total population of around 750,000.

Thankfully he was was able to get the antibody cocktail, recovered fairly quickly and was released last week. Nope, this not media frenzy or a myth.

So we are just better up here. OK.

Naw..I like it here..just fine~

DSCN0116.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0101.JPG
    DSCN0101.JPG
    559.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN0137.JPG
    DSCN0137.JPG
    632.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I said primarily, and you people are not good at reading and understanding data.
Well..I understand yer fulla shit, right?
That's all I really need to know~

If you had a clue you'd just look at the ten least vaccinated states--and compare it with the ten highest infection rates by state over the past 6 months.

I remember those first cases at the nursing home. That place got hit by a ton of bricks.

Yup. It was in a nursing home in Kirkland.

We were predicted to become the wuhan province of America.

Thanks to the work of our governor and the people of our state that didn't happen.

I just hope this virus can be beaten so the suffering and death stops.

I agree..from what I've heard. Here's the rub....say pre-covid, an ICU is running at about 90% with the usual patients-heart attacks, strokes, auto accidents, etc.
Now, enter Covid--Now the ICU is 95% full--with two-thirds or more Covid patients--so where do the usual litany of Heart attack victims, auto accident patients, etc. go for their emergent medical care? Who is getting turned away? Who is having to drive an extra hundred miles to get care...and how many are dying along the way?
The Covid patients are in addition to the usual demand for emergent services.

I assume step down units. I don't know what life is like for them since covid, but at my hospital of choice in the city down the road if I ever have a choice has at least 3 ICU's that I know of. One for cardio patients, one for neurology, and one for just general surgery/sickness patients. They also have a step down unit which is kind of JV ICU.

Forum List

Back