US coronavirus: Hospitalization rates are down across the US, but these 8 states still have fewer than 15% of ICU beds available

No I need ER bed statistics from say 2010 to present.
Pre COVID they were NOT 90% full. And that’s a guarantee. ;)
That is utter BS. Look them up. Again, you're in business correct? Talk to any BOD member at a hospital. 100% is outstanding for them as it maximizes their profits. Call any hospital anywhere and ask if you come in now will they treat you. ZERO will say they won't. I work with hospitals. The media spin here is utter lies as it is with the CARES loans.

Well..I took your advice..sort of. My daughter is a charge nurse at Kootenai Medical Center--I gave her a call, in fact, she's still on the line. She laughed at the thought of kicking patients out of ICU to make room for more emergent patients. She mentioned that hospital admins hate lawsuits..so that's a non-starter. Kootenai has been slammed by covid..their solution was to open up three conference rooms and turn them into covid wards. But once a patient is intubated and on a ventilator..ICU is the place.
As for all those others patients..she relates that KMC has been notifying all ambulance companies to take patients to Sacred Heart or Deaconess in Spokane. Patients have been transferred to Spokane..if they are stable. All elective procedures have been cancelled at KMC..and the hospital is effectively full--there are a few ICU beds open and being held as an emergency reserve. Right now, you have to be damn sick to be admitted..no 'Covid sniffles' need apply..that's a quote...LOL!
Not kicked out but moved to a different part of the hospital aka admitted as patients. You asked the wrong questions of course. So yes, they may delay elective procedures but patients won't be turned away from ICUs. So you are old. Interesting. Explains your worry. Tick Tock.

I wonder..what do these states have in common, eh?

While much of the US is seeing a decline in hospitalizations for Covid-19, it's also evident the fight against the pandemic is far from over as eight states are reporting limited numbers of available ICU beds.
Texas, Idaho, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Arkansas and North Carolina have 15% or less of their ICU capacity available to patients, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Dwindling capacity from Covid-19 has led to many hospitals strained for resources and staffing, often leaving them unable to provide the standard of care they would like, according to health care professionals.
On average over the last week, Covid-19 hospitalizations have declined by more than 1,400 a day, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Whether the change is temporary or the beginning of the end is still not clear
I know for a fact that including Texas makes the whole thing complete BS. Liars.

That is utter BS. Look them up. Again, you're in business correct? Talk to any BOD member at a hospital. 100% is outstanding for them as it maximizes their profits. Call any hospital anywhere and ask if you come in now will they treat you. ZERO will say they won't. I work with hospitals. The media spin here is utter lies as it is with the CARES loans.
And this is how several states have announced Crisis of Care Standards and why patients are being sent to other states because they are full up? Please, Idaho has sent hundreds of patients to horpitals in Oregon and Washington.

Not kicked out but moved to a different part of the hospital aka admitted as patients. You asked the wrong questions of course. So yes, they may delay elective procedures but patients won't be turned away from ICUs. So you are old. Interesting. Explains your worry. Tick Tock.
LOL! Well...thus far..I've outlived millions...so there's that. TickTock. Given that I'm almost 80...I figure it's all bonus time anyway.
No..the patients in the covid wards..aka conference rooms..were NOT transferred from ICU. Nor did I state so...way to spin bro.
You have the wrong answers...sorry.

And this is how several states have announced Crisis of Care Standards and why patients are being sent to other states because they are full up? Please, Idaho has sent hundreds of patients to horpitals in Oregon and Washington.
Those must be rural hospitals. No chance Mass General sends patients away.

LOL! Well...thus far..I've outlived millions...so there's that. TickTock. Given that I'm almost 80...I figure it's all bonus time anyway.
No..the patients in the covid wards..aka conference rooms..were NOT transferred from ICU. Nor did I state so...way to spin bro.
You have the wrong answers...sorry.
Almost 80!!! Dude you are like twice my age!!! Why are you on this board instead of outside by the beach?

While much of the US is seeing a decline in hospitalizations for Covid-19, it's also evident the fight against the pandemic is far from over as eight states are reporting limited numbers of available ICU beds.
Texas, Idaho, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Arkansas and North Carolina have 15% or less of their ICU capacity available to patients, according to data from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Dwindling capacity from Covid-19 has led to many hospitals strained for resources and staffing, often leaving them unable to provide the standard of care they would like, according to health care professionals.
On average over the last week, Covid-19 hospitalizations have declined by more than 1,400 a day, according to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Whether the change is temporary or the beginning of the end is still not clear

I sure hope it's the beginning of the end but we will have to wait and see.

Unvaccinated people cause the virus to mutate to become more contagious and lethal.

The delta variant is a good example.

I wouldn't be surprised if the virus in the US is ends up to being in just handful of states that have low vaccination rates, don't wear masks and don't practice social distancing.

Time will tell.

Primarily, large black populations, as would be expected, given blacks are the least likely people in America to be vaccinated.

This is why it's so disgusting to see you people enjoying all these black people being hospitalized and dying. It's expected from you, but still disgusting.

1633535203913.png

Yes meaningfully. You have double the number of new cases per 100.000 as Oregon, which is 5th fewest.

That is a very interesting graph.

I noticed all the states with the highest numbers are red.

The states with the lowest numbers are blue.

There are only 6 states with lower numbers than my state and my state was literally ground zero for the virus in America.

The first case in America was 10 miles from my home.

The first death of the virus happened 10 miles from my home.

My state was predicted to become the wuhan province of America when this all started.

That didn't happen.

I just hope that the numbers continue to decrease everywhere and don't increase anywhere.

Those must be rural hospitals. No chance Mass General sends patients away.

Your infection & hospitalization rates are low right now. In the Deep South and Intermountain West where vax percentages are low and mitigation standards are non existent, it’s an entirely different story. And not just rural hospitals.

I have a Boise friend who got real sick about three weeks and had to be coptered to a hospital in eastern Oregon. The hospitals in metro area (St Al’s & St Luke’s) are huge and they serve a total population of around 750,000.

Thankfully he was was able to get the antibody cocktail, recovered fairly quickly and was released last week. Nope, this not media frenzy or a myth.

That is a very interesting graph.

I noticed all the states with the highest numbers are red.

The states with the lowest numbers are blue.

There are only 6 states with lower numbers than my state and my state was literally ground zero for the virus in America.

The first case in America was 10 miles from my home.

The first death of the virus happened 10 miles from my home.

My state was predicted to become the wuhan province of America when this all started.

That didn't happen.

I just hope that the numbers continue to decrease everywhere and don't increase anywhere.

I remember those first cases at the nursing home. That place got hit by a ton of bricks.

Primarily, large black populations, as would be expected, given blacks are the least likely people in America to be vaccinated.

This is why it's so disgusting to see you people enjoying all these black people being hospitalized and dying. It's expected from you, but still disgusting.

View attachment 548234
You think Idaho has a large black population? Really??

Forum List

Back