US altered rocket launchers range given to Ukraine

Delldude

Sheep Dipped Boy Scout
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2014
Plasticville U.S.A
US made the launchers unable to fire LR missiles of 200 mile range which could target sites in Russia.
So Biden allows Russia to target and launch safely from inside mother Russia.....but the Ukrainians are denied the same option?
The Ukrainians were into many sophisticated software technologies, I won't be surprised if they defeat these changes.

WASHINGTON—The U.S. secretly modified the advanced Himars rocket launchers it gave Ukraine so they can’t be used to fire long-range missiles into Russia, U.S. officials said, a precaution the Biden administration says is necessary to reduce the risk of a wider war with Moscow.

The U.S. since June has supplied Ukrainian forces with 20 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System launchers, or Himars, and a large inventory of satellite-guided rockets with a range of almost 50 miles. Those rockets, known as the Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System, or GMLRS, have been used to strike Russian ammunition depots, logistics supplies and command centers on Ukrainian territory.

But the Himars launchers have a unique feature intended to prevent them from becoming even more potent battlefield systems. U.S. officials say the Pentagon has modified the launchers so they can’t fire long-range missiles, including the U.S.’s Army Tactical Missile System rockets, or ATACMS, which have a range of nearly 200 miles.

WSJ News Exclusive | U.S. Altered Himars Rocket Launchers to Keep Ukraine From Firing Missiles Into Russia

I don't think it's either a hardware or software issue. That system can launch 2-3 separate types of missiles and it's the missiles that have the longer ranges that have been denied to Ukraine.

I am against helping them in any way. This is not our fight, not our expense.
That being said, I think this is a good idea. If we are going to funnel money and weapons to those fascists, at least keep some sort of balance to this.

I don't think it's either a hardware or software issue. That system can launch 2-3 separate types of missiles and it's the missiles that have the longer ranges that have been denied to Ukraine.
And we altered the launchers, according to WSJ, to limit what can be launched, so I'd bet it is some type software issue.

"LONDON, Dec 5 (Reuters) - Russia said on Monday that three of its military personnel were killed in what it said were Ukrainian drone attacks on two Russian air bases hundreds of miles from the front lines in Ukraine."

Moscow says three killed in Ukrainian drone attacks on air bases deep inside Russia

Is the puppet Zelensky expecting a Russian response to this provocation that will bring NATO/US troops into Ukraine?

US made the launchers unable to fire LR missiles of 200 mile range which could target sites in Russia.
So Biden allows Russia to target and launch safely from inside mother Russia.....but the Ukrainians are denied the same option?
The Ukrainians were into many sophisticated software technologies, I won't be surprised if they defeat these changes.

WSJ News Exclusive | U.S. Altered Himars Rocket Launchers to Keep Ukraine From Firing Missiles Into Russia
My views : To set idiots by the ears = now US foreign policy

WW3? It's zero probability. American puppetmaster just wants to control the European or the Chinese idiots. They're all stupid puppets.

Yeah, make America super Great again! lol. :)
--------------------------------------------------
" The United States is stoking tensions in both Europe and East Asia, with Ukraine and Taiwan as the current flashpoints on the doorsteps of Russia and China which are the targeted nations. Let us be clear at the outset. As we shall see, the endpoint of this process is not for the US to do battle with Russia or China but to watch China and Russia fight it out with the neighbors to the ruin of both sides. The US is to "lead from behind" – as safely and remotely as can be arranged. "

" Why should the US Elite and its media pour out a steady stream of anti-China and anti-Russia invective? Why the steady eastward march of NATO since the end of the first Cold War? The goal of the US is crystal clear – it regards itself as the Exceptional Nation and entitled to be the number one power on the planet, eclipsing all others. "

by John V. Walsh
Source:WWII Redux: The Endpoint of US Policy, from Ukraine to Taiwan - Antiwar.com Original – WWII Redux: The Endpoint of US Policy, from Ukraine to Taiwan - Antiwar.com Original

My views : To set idiots by the ears = now US foreign policy

WW3? It's zero probability. American puppetmaster just wants to control the European or the Chinese idiots. They're all stupid puppets.

Yeah, make America super Great again! lol. :)
" The United States is stoking tensions in both Europe and East Asia, with Ukraine and Taiwan as the current flashpoints on the doorsteps of Russia and China which are the targeted nations. Let us be clear at the outset. As we shall see, the endpoint of this process is not for the US to do battle with Russia or China but to watch China and Russia fight it out with the neighbors to the ruin of both sides. The US is to "lead from behind" – as safely and remotely as can be arranged. "

" Why should the US Elite and its media pour out a steady stream of anti-China and anti-Russia invective? Why the steady eastward march of NATO since the end of the first Cold War? The goal of the US is crystal clear – it regards itself as the Exceptional Nation and entitled to be the number one power on the planet, eclipsing all others. "

by John V. Walsh
Source:WWII Redux: The Endpoint of US Policy, from Ukraine to Taiwan - Antiwar.com Original – WWII Redux: The Endpoint of US Policy, from Ukraine to Taiwan - Antiwar.com Original
Funny, no world counter action to US until they stole the election from Trump and now look what we have been left with.

I’m wondering how Ukraine got the tech to strike so deeply into Russia.

Poor mother Russia. Imagine how hard it must be on Putin to face retaliation from an enemy he chose to attack relentlessly again and again?
They were deeply into targeting technology before the attack. They are claiming drones in Russia, but I'd bet my left nut, they 'fixed' the launcher fix. Bwaa haahaa

You know if US made a claim regarding missile distances and suddenly, Ukraine is going into Russia, we now have plausible deniability from US/NATO.

And we altered the launchers, according to WSJ, to limit what can be launched, so I'd bet it is some type software issue.
Yeah, my bad. I guess it made sense to be SURE they couldn't buy the longer range rockets and drag us into a hot war. I think that's going to happen eventually, anyway and the idiots who are so in love with punishing bad ole Pooty will have a sudden wake-up to reality.

And the Ruskies are still getting their asses kicked.
Why wouldn't they? They made a bad choice based on false assumptions and now they're essentially at war with NATO. Ukraine may find that the endless weapons bonanza won't last forever. Until they do, they'll never try to stop the war. I don't agree with what Putin did and he deserved to be slapped down but what we are witnessing now is a money-laundering op for our own congress and Biden crime family. Don't agree? Then watch to see if Biden is willing to appoint an IG to audit where all the cash has gone.

Yeah, my bad. I guess it made sense to be SURE they couldn't buy the longer range rockets and drag us into a hot war. I think that's going to happen eventually, anyway and the idiots who are so in love with punishing bad ole Pooty will have a sudden wake-up to reality.
Notice, suddenly, they are going deep into Russia, and it's supposedly drones?

Once you realize that Republicans and Democrats are competing factions of the mafia, American politics makes a lot more sense

Unfortunately few Americans come to this obvious conclusion, proving state run propaganda works.

Forum List

Back