UPDATE: Roads in Hawaii begin cracking near Kilauea as volcanic eruption imminent

She doesn’t seem to happy right now!
At least people over there are taking it with philosophy...they know what it means to live close to a volcano....

If Pele comes Pele comes ....they are saying...:dunno:

iu

Not that Pele, silly LOL:D

this one...Tutu- Pele The Volcano Goddess of Hawaii. :p

Pele (deity) - Wikipedia

Cracks in the sidewalk and I'd be heading to the nearest airport for the first flight anywhere that's not Hawaii

Yeah really. Even USGS has this article up

View attachment 191549

U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Areas near the volcano have risen 3 feet..

Crustal displacement means they have a significant amount of magma coming shallow..

Yeah so much for the assholes who poked fun on my posting this. ...

As " oh nothing to worry about' EEEH IT'S JUST A CONSPIRACY......

LMFAO
Who said that it was a conspiracy?

Cracks in the sidewalk and I'd be heading to the nearest airport for the first flight anywhere that's not Hawaii

View attachment 191549

Crustal displacement means they have a significant amount of magma coming shallow..

LMFAO

At this moment I haven't a clue LOL.........

View attachment 191853 Red is in the last 2 hours
With continued seismic events, the crust has now risen over 6 feet in a 2 kl area around the volcano and along the lava route where the old lava tube has now disintegrated.. Looks to me like were just getting a good start on lava (magma) flows... and there is much more coming...

If the base of the volcano continues to rise ( and magma chamber pressures increase) we could have a moderate eruption similar to a strata volcano... (like Mt St Helen's) that would create a real bad day for a good portion of the big island.

View attachment 191549

LMFAO

I agree that you don't have a clue.

Manana loa volcano observatory has changed to condition red (potential eruption imminent..)

Seismic activity and crustal displacement on the second volcano on the big Island is now rumbling and out gassing.. A significant increase in the last few hours.

Looks to me like the party is just beginning..

upload_2018-5-4_22-25-47.png

Web page has not yet been updated.. USGS: Volcano Hazards Program HVO Mauna Loa

Last edited:

View attachment 191549

LMFAO

I agree that you don't have a clue.

whenever I said it was way to early today, then you mentioned it a few hours ago or so and by that time it wasn't worth my going back through to explain why I said whatever at this point.

In case no one has pointed it out yet, Hawaii is an ongoing process, part of what is called the Hawaiian–Emperor seamount chain of islands that go back underwater all the way to the Aleutian Trench near the coast of Russia, formed as the Pacific tectonic plate slowly moves over a largely stationary magma chimney creating a hot spot which forms eruptions and volcanoes as the crust moves along. This makes the chain as old as perhaps 47 million years and the oldest Hawaiian island formed as part of these eruptions over 5.6 million years old. So the entire island chain is the result of continuous land-building and eventually when Hawaii moves far enough to the west, it will cool off and a new island east will begin to develop.

hawaiian-hot-spot.jpg
hotspot.gif

Oh no ma'am... The flight distance from Hilo to Honolulu is: 226.87 miles / 365.11 km and I live in Honolulu... Really won't have any big issues here with the exception of what the prognosticators at the weather bureau call VOG...

Hawaii: Year-Long Allergy Season Due to 'Vog'

I am not a tsunami expert but here on the southeast corner of Oahu I don't think the likely hood is plausible...

6 major vents have now opened up... Seismic activity is still increasing.. 6.4 mag just a few hours ago..
There is no report of a 6.4 I can find. There was a 6.9 yesterday.
its now been down graded to a 5.9 just off the coast. considering they have had over 2265 quakes in 5 days in just that narrow region around the island, they are probably having issues cataloging them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back