UPDATE: Roads in Hawaii begin cracking near Kilauea as volcanic eruption imminent

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
UPDATE: Roads in Hawaii begin cracking near Kilauea as volcanic eruption imminent
Hawaii’s most active volcano Kilauea has sparked eruption warnings, with roads even cracking open as magma moves in underground. Activity on Kilauea volcano has soared over the last two days, with 250 earthquakes striking when the crater floor collapsed. Hawaii’s Civil Defense team have told residents in

and you cowards who have the nerve to poke fun and are to low on the IQ chart to pick up on anything realistic, or as a warning, or hey take note " IT IS POSSIBLE" . this could occur........ idiots who poke fun at other always end up looking like the bigger fools, and can now crawl away like a puppy with it's tail between the legs.

Last edited:
  • Banned
upload_2018-5-3_9-51-13.png

Hawaii volcano eruption threat sees Big Island roads CRACK near Kilauea as MAGMA moves in

• Banned
The Big Island is so geologically young, it's not even finished being born yet. Since the '80s Kilauea has been steadily oozing more and more lava landfill into the Pacific. Even the oldest part of the island is only 800,000 years old. I've been there a few times and it has some incredibly bizarre, jagged, alien-looking lava landscapes that really show you the intense, geological violence of island formation.

Cracks in the sidewalk and I'd be heading to the nearest airport for the first flight anywhere that's not Hawaii

Yeah really. Even USGS has this article up

View attachment 191549

U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Areas near the volcano have risen 3 feet..

Crustal displacement means they have a significant amount of magma coming shallow..

Cracks in the sidewalk and I'd be heading to the nearest airport for the first flight anywhere that's not Hawaii

Yeah really. Even USGS has this article up

View attachment 191549

U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Areas near the volcano have risen 3 feet..

Crustal displacement means they have a significant amount of magma coming shallow..

Yeah so much for the assholes who poked fun on my posting this. ...

As " oh nothing to worry about' EEEH IT'S JUST A CONSPIRACY......

LMFAO

Hawaii’s most active volcano Kilauea has sparked eruption warnings, with roads even cracking open as magma moves in underground. Activity on Kilauea volcano has soared over the last two days, with 250 earthquakes striking when the crater floor collapsed. Hawaii’s Civil Defense team have told residents in

and you cowards who have the nerve to poke fun and are to low on the IQ chart to pick up on anything realistic, or as a warning, or hey take note " IT IS POSSIBLE" . this could occur........ idiots who poke fun at other always end up looking like the bigger fools, and can now crawl away like a puppy with it's tail between the legs.

What the hell are you babbling about now? Kilauea erupts all the damned time. You make it sound like it's special.

Yeah all the time .
The last time lava threatened Puna was in 2014, when a flow closed roads for weeks in Pahoa, forced evacuations and claimed several structures, including one home.

Yeah all the time .
The last time lava threatened Puna was in 2014, when a flow closed roads for weeks in Pahoa, forced evacuations and claimed several structures, including one home.
Fox News just reported that the magma flow has reached the housing area nearest it and it appears that it will take the whole subdivision and possibly an older one nearer the ocean as the old conduit venting magma to the ocean has collapsed and plugged forcing the flow above ground.

The folks that live downhill from the crater do so at their own peril... The last time this particular community was evacuated was 4 years ago...

Yeah all the time .

I'll swear I just said that... National Guard was just called out... Leilani Estates has a mandatory evacuation as of 1800 hrs HST... This is a subdivision where homes are located...

Forum List

Back