Unspoken: America's Native American Boarding Schools

Hellbilly

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 2016
Multi-Dimensional Warrior
The policy was known as assimilation.
Everything Native was to be stripped away.
The thought was to kill the Indian and save the man.

This video shows an insight to what happened to our children.
They are still digging up bones of murdered Native children.

What is unspoken about it?
Everyone knows this happened. Pretty much every single civilization on planet earth has done this in their past.
And doesn't even remotely compare to te crimes/murder/rape/enslavement Indian tribes did to each other.

Nothingburger. Just more liberal outrage and virtue signaling.

Are not the solution. I have never said this is what I want.

As usual, you assume.

You're dumb.
I didn't even mention your name, H.Bill.
I'm willing to bet somewhere there is somebody who is thinking that.

But, it is widely known what the Native Americans endured in the American transition.
Even prior, among the different Native American nations there were winners and losers.

The concept of these schools was as positive as their actuality was horrible. How much further ahead would these native Americans be now if they had embraced assimilation, at least somewhat rather than digging in their heels? If they had at least incorporated many of the more modern technologies and industrial techniques?

The near extermination of the native was horrific, but failing to accept the inevitable conquest and at least seek to find a reasonable middle ground was a large part their own fault. Most conquered societies have historically been eradicated completely. Native Americans have at least avoided thst fate (so far).

Who were you responding to?

No. It's not because it is not taught.
Perhaps no longer in the public education system it may not be taught, I guess.
Back in the day when the public education was more about education and less indoctrination,
you learned about the goings on in our history. :eusa_whistle:
I was responding to your tube.

The policy was known as assimilation.
Everything Native was to be stripped away.
The thought was to kill the Indian and save the man.

This video shows an insight to what happened to our children.
They are still digging up bones of murdered Native children.

People are always warring and taking land. Forcing children into schools away from their families for the purpose of "assimilation" is a whole different level of horrid. I read once it instigated generational trauma--and I believe it.

I watched the first 7 min of this and put it on my watch later list. Thanks for sharing.

PS Who were the people who worked in these schools? How do you do this to children? Boggles the mind and soul

In America when the term "racism" was first coined, it was used in regard to Native Americans.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codesw...e-ugly-fascinating-history-of-the-word-racism

3a27595r_wide-031cc64c78d2e67ee982e61e81811e31bbf0d400-s800-c85.webp

Richard Henry Pratt was the first person the Oxford English Dictionary records using the word "racism," in a speech decrying it.

Although Pratt might have been the first person to inveigh against racism and its deleterious effects by name, he is much better-remembered for a very different coinage: Kill the Indian...save the man.

LOL.....Then the white man up and stole "racism" from the Native Americans and gave it to the blacks. :laughing0301:

People are always warring and taking land. Forcing children into schools away from their families for the purpose of "assimilation" is a whole different level of horrid. I read once it instigated generational trauma--and I believe it.

I watched the first 7 min of this and put it on my watch later list. Thanks for sharing.

PS Who were the people who worked in these schools? How do you do this to children? Boggles the mind and soul
These horrible things were done by Catholic priests and nuns. They also had one person-usually a man who was not a priest employed by the schools to do the killing.
The horrors that went on are still being felt by Natives today. Boarding schools were operational until the 1970's.

The corrupt administration of drunken war criminal U.S. Grant (1869-1877) was responsible for most of the atrocities directed at Native Americans.

Forum List

Back