University of Northhampton has slapped a trigger warning on to... Orwell's 1984.

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Who said universities were Leftist seminaries?
The Left outdo the Babylon Bee yet again.

You should send this Tommy Taints way. It would keep him out of US politics---maybe.

You just love your authoritarianism.
1643419710149.png

From the OP’s link:
“‘Too many of us – and nowhere is it more evident than our universities – have freely given up our rights to instead conform to a homogenised society governed by a liberal elite “protecting” us from ideas that they believe are too extreme for our sensibilities.’

“Orwell biographer David Taylor said: ‘I think 13-year-olds might find some scenes in the novel disturbing, but I don’t think anyone of undergraduate age is really shocked by a book any more.’”

Thirteen year olds are a far cry from college age mindsets. Good grief. These must be the same colleges that ensure parents that their 18–year-olds will have safe spaces to go if their classes become too overwhelming.

Give it up radical left sensitivity experts in the UK, the gig is up. Most students, including leftists, don’t like being told not to look. They will make sure to look, it’s human nature. Do supporters of sensitivity warnings consider human nature to be flawed? True. Do sensitivity trainers really think they can alter human behavior at large that denies access to information? Good luck with that! The good news is that these idiotic warnings will come back to bite them, and every attempt just like it domestically.

WHY does this surprise you??? I mean the statist left slapped a trigger warning on the American constituencies U.S. Constitution before the ink had time to dry!

Trigger warning?

WTF? Has America and its citizens devolved to just a level that they can't cope with things they don't agree with?

Forum List

Back