Unfit to lead

Mad Math Skillz, The Sequel

Ok.

Let's toss those 45 million souls onto medicare just for shits and giggles.

According to the premium link, 5% of people pay into the higher surcharge premiums for part B. Income-related premiums range from $134.90 to $308.30. So let's split the difference. $221.60.

So 2,250,000 will pay $498,600,000 into part B. The remaining 42,750,000 will dump an additional $4,121,100,000, for a total of $4,619,700,000.

Now my head hurts. I hope you're satisfied.
nope
because you have nearly 4 people paying to cover ONE on medicare, you would need to more than quadruple the medicare payroll deduction
(if my math is anywhere near correct, if not its likely WAY more than it would be less)

I think Emma figured the present contributions for Medicare as being static, then added more people and additional contributions for present care.

Ok.

According to the premium link, 5% of people pay into the higher surcharge premiums for part B. Income-related premiums range from $134.90 to $308.30. So let's split the difference. $221.60.

So 2,250,000 will pay $498,600,000 into part B. The remaining 42,750,000 will dump an additional $4,121,100,000, for a total of $4,619,700,000.

That was Mahvelous........now do the figures for the whole gaggle of us, all 300 or so million.........heheheheh

Aw crap.

You realize where I made a mistake, don't you?

I multiplied the monthly premium instead of the yearly.

:evil:

ETA:
That was Mahvelous........now do the figures for the whole gaggle of us, all 300 or so million.........heheheheh

:razz:

Last edited:

Ok.

Aw crap.

ETA:

times 12

$55,436,400,000
and i dont think you got that number right either

Ok.

nope
because you have nearly 4 people paying to cover ONE on medicare, you would need to more than quadruple the medicare payroll deduction
(if my math is anywhere near correct, if not its likely WAY more than it would be less)

No no no. Hang on. Have to multiply some more dammit.

and, why would you pay $308 a month for medicare if you could get private insurance for less

Ok.

nope

No no no. Hang on. Have to multiply some more dammit.
yeah, A LOT more
LOL

Ok.

nope

I think Emma figured the present contributions for Medicare as being static, then added more people and additional contributions for present care.

Yeah. What she said. I think.

Aw crap.

ETA:

times 12

$55,436,400,000
and i dont think you got that number right either

What number? And why isn't it 'right'?

nope

but that wont work
you have nearly 4 people paying for ONE now

From Link:

The Cinergy Health Preferred plans are underwritten by American Medical and Life Insurance Company (Form No. GRP LM 2007) and Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company (Form No. GTL GRP LM 2007) offered through a paid membership in the National Congress of Employers association and may vary by availability, vendor or member’s state of residence. It is NOT Major Medical Insurance and is not meant to replace catastrophic health insurance or major medical coverage.

:doubt:

From Link:

The Cinergy Health Preferred plans are underwritten by American Medical and Life Insurance Company (Form No. GRP LM 2007) and Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company (Form No. GTL GRP LM 2007) offered through a paid membership in the National Congress of Employers association and may vary by availability, vendor or member’s state of residence. It is NOT Major Medical Insurance and is not meant to replace catastrophic health insurance or major medical coverage.

:doubt:
i'd just remembered the commercials
and if that covers preventive medicine, then thats what most people say they need

Preventive medicine is not risky. The average person can pay that out of pocket. It's major medical and catastrophic where the risk comes in. Preventive medicine isn't going to bankrupt you.

Preventive medicine is not risky. The average person can pay that out of pocket. It's major medical and catastrophic where the risk comes in. Preventive medicine isn't going to bankrupt you.

You want to know the one thing Medicaid/Medicare doesn't cover ... "preventive care" ... seriously, I have to pay out of pocket for that. Unless it's something deemed "life threatening" ... they don't cover it. If you think the government will add that into the "public health option" you are fooling yourself. Hint: Medicare use to cover it.

Medicare part A receives $700 million from general fund revenue, and $15.6 billion in interest earnings. $2.9 billion in premiums.

45 million paying premiums for part A. There are 3 levels dependent upon how many quarters worked. Again, although they are obviously bums, there's bound to be some that have held a job at some point in their lives. Hmm. How to figure that one.

Unemployment is 10%. So 10% of them pay the highest premium, and the rest pay the middle. [I don't care if unemployment is less or more. I'm going with 10's dammit]

$23,922,000,000 plus $118,584,000,000 adds $142,506,000,000 in premiums. (nearly $140 billion more than they are currently taking in from premiums)

------------------

So 2,250,000 will pay $5,983,200,000 into part B. The remaining 42,750,000 will dump an additional $49,453,200,000, for a total of $55,436,400,000.

--------------

That adds $197,942,400,000 to A & B combined.

Don't even ask me to figure out how much the additional revenues will increase interest earnings. Let's just call it "a lot".

but that wont work
you have nearly 4 people paying for ONE now
There are 45.2 million people currently covered by medicare. BUT medicare A only receives 2.9 billion a year in premiums from these folks because most don't pay premiums (if they or their spouse have over 40 quarters). Put younger people into the mix who have yet to accumulate those, and they will be paying premiums, more than making up for the deficit.

Forum List

Back