Undocumented(Illegal) Parents Eligible for July Child Tax Credit

Lisa558 posted a link to this article in another thread but I am “stealing” it because it deserves its own thread. We are now paying illegals with children. This administrait on has lost it’s mind. To make it even worse, the are advertising this benefit via the “Spanish language press.” Keep in mind, you don’t have to PAY any income tax to get the child tax credit. It is fully refundable. This is a giveaway to Americans with children and now that giveaway has been extended to ANYONE that crosses our border with children and gets an ITIN number. How on earth can Democrat support such nonsense?

Latino Rebels asked First Lady Jill Biden’s chief of staff Julissa Reynoso on a press call Wednesday morning if undocumented parents are eligible for checks via the child tax credit program in the American Rescue Plan.

“If the parent and the child have an ITIN [Individual Taxpayer Identification Number], that should suffice for the family to be able to receive the credit,” Reynoso said.

“The childtaxcredit.gov site is in English and Spanish. We’re doing a lot of outreach to Spanish language press too,” she added.

White House: Undocumented Parents Eligible for July Child Tax Credit Payments From IRS
any idea what the requirements are to get an ITIN?

Rant all you want, once they've been issued an ITIN they are taxpayers. In other words no longer undocumented.

They are still illegal. Undocumented was just som PC crap created by liberals because it sounded better. They could pay nothing in taxes and still get an ITIN and the child tax credit. Don’t be an idiot. How would we support every family around the world with children who walked across our border and filed ONE tax return?

Did you read the quote from Jill Biden’s Chief of Staff?
Yes, but it was incomplete.... ITN holders can receive a child tax credit for any child of theirs born in America with a SS number, not for their children holding ITN numbers because they are foreign born.

Your journalists should have done their job, and followed up with the IRS on the actual rules... Instead of egging on this outrage imo.

They are still illegal. Undocumented was just som PC crap created by liberals because it sounded better. They could pay nothing in taxes and still get an ITIN and the child tax credit. Don’t be an idiot. How would we support every family around the world with children who walked across our border and filed ONE tax return?
what are the requirements to get an ITIN?

keep in mind i am never for simply giving money away - that's adding debt. in my mind we need to stop spending and go back over where our money is going down to anything over $600 transactions. since that seems to be the magic number the left loves. but i don't see them doing an accounting of how we spend our money today.

To obtain an ITIN you’ll need to file the appropriate paperwork.
  1. Complete a W-7 application.
  2. Submit it to the IRS along with a completed tax return.
  3. Once the application has been approved, you’ll be mailed an ITIN.
Please note, you must include original documents that verify your identity and foreign status, such as your passport or visa. The IRS has a list of 13 acceptable documents, which can be found here.

You will get your original documents back within 60 days of processing the W-7 form

now a W7 looks like any other tax form and from it, there are also several valid reasons for someone to get this vs a SSN. will people take advantage of it? im sure they will. but you need some form of valid identification to get one. saying "hey, i'm pedro de paul and i want an ITIN for free money" doesn't seem it would be enough.

i could be wrong, i just started digging into the issue, not the headlines.

Last edited:
what are the requirements to get an ITIN?

keep in mind i am never for simply giving money away - that's adding debt. in my mind we need to stop spending and go back over where our money is going down to anything over $600 transactions. since that seems to be the magic number the left loves. but i don't see them doing an accounting of how we spend our money today.
Do you think these liberals run their lives like they try to run the country? No wonder they're all broke with their hands out.

any idea what the requirements are to get an ITIN?

Here are a couple of links regarding illegals getting an ITIN. All you need to qualify for the credit itself is to check the IRS Eligiblity Assistant. There are two questions:

1) Did you claim the Child Tax Credit on your most recent tax return and will you claim it on your 2021 tax return?

Answer ‘Yes’ to this one.

2) Where was your main home for more than half of 2019 or 2020?

Answer ‘Any of the 50 states or the District of Columbia’ to this one.

Neither of these are disqualifying for anyone that is trying.

How to Get ITIN Number for Illegal Immigrants in 2021

Immigrants can qualify for the Child Tax Credit check

Here are a couple of links regarding illegals getting an ITIN. All you need to qualify for the credit itself is to check the IRS Eligiblity Assistant. There are two questions:

1) Did you claim the Child Tax Credit on your most recent tax return and will you claim it on your 2021 tax return?

Answer ‘Yes’ to this one.

2) Where was your main home for more than half of 2019 or 2020?

Answer ‘Any of the 50 states or the District of Columbia’ to this one.

Neither of these are disqualifying for anyone that is trying.

How to Get ITIN Number for Illegal Immigrants in 2021

Immigrants can qualify for the Child Tax Credit check
in order to do #1, you had to file taxes. to do that you need an SSN or ITIN i would think.

seems you need a passport or visa also to apply for one from what another site says. but again, still digging. again, i do NOT agree with giving $$$ away to citizens OR illegals. but that's way outside my pay grade.

you steal someone else!!!!!!

mine was stolen a few months ago and used for unemployment benefits. I would have never known had I not contacted them to find out why my state tax refund had never been sent.

the person I spoke to said fraud is OFF THE CHARTS right now. Higher than they have ever seen.

surely it couldn't be because of the record number of illegals coming here!!!! what a coincidence.

Total B.S. You caught it right? As will nearly everyone else. It's impossible for this to go any amount of time unless the IRS is willing to simply allow it. Now some will argue "well Biden is willing BUT this is the argument that has been used for years".

The IRS knows you aren't a married man of 6 working labor in Nevada and a 60 year old working as a bank teller in New Hampshire.

Um no. You only need an ITIN to file taxes. Illegals can get an ITIN.

And how many illegals are willing to do this? How is it that the government would ignore a processing plant with 45 people applying for one?

And how many illegals are willing to do this? How is it that the government would ignore a processing plant with 45 people applying for one?
well the question is - why would an illegal want to declare themselves so they can pay taxes? if they are "in process" to becoming legal maybe but i wonder how many that really is.

Yes, but it was incomplete.... ITN holders can receive a child tax credit for any child of theirs born in America with a SS number, not for their children holding ITN numbers because they are foreign born.

Your journalists should have done their job, and followed up with the IRS on the actual rules... Instead of egging on this outrage imo.
99% of the liberal press makes it up with zero intention of following through so this is frankly more of your outrageous bullshit.

imo.

Rant all you want, once they've been issued an ITIN they are taxpayers. In other words no longer undocumented.
you said previously (as you DERP'd away) that once they file they are no longer illegal.

well it only took a few valid questions in here and my own looking for 5 minutes to see they are still IN FACT - illegal.

so now you goalpost swap cause you did your usual arrogant slam before you even bother to check details.

derp-off.

well the question is - why would an illegal want to declare themselves so they can pay taxes? if they are "in process" to becoming legal maybe but i wonder how many that really is.

Extremely few.

Extremely few.
i wouldn't think so. i don't think biden would do anything about it but if a conservative comes back into the mix, they may use this data to go after them.

i don't see many putting that at risk for $300 a child. then again maybe they take all the $ and walk back out of the country. dunno. would take a lot of research to see how many illegals make this claim for the money.

What? Illegals can get an ITIN number. That doesn’t make them legal. Can you be more ignorant. They only neeed to to file taxes ONE time and they have an ITIN. They could file and pay $10 in taxes and start collecting $300/mth for each child. How does this make any economic sense to you?
please don't challenge him.

Care4all
Thanks. That sounds more like it. Only American born kids even if the parents are illegals can get this money.

I don't like it as these idiot illegals cost we tax payers billions each year. To bad we can't boot them all back across the border. The kids go where the parents go.

Why Would They Pay Taxes?​

Many undocumented immigrants choose to pay income tax, hoping that by doing so they will eventually become American citizens.

Forum List

Back