Ukraine is not all about you.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Comfortable Westerners think they are the real victims of this invasion.

For a moment it seemed that the war in Ukraine was straight out of the history books. Tanks rolled out of one European country and into another on the shallow pretext that it was all about liberating minority peoples in the invaded country and uniting them with their brethren – the Sudetenland Stomp. Then the Telegraph claimed that Russia had ‘triggered’ Britons, and it became clear that this was actually a very modern war – the first war to be mostly about the people not actually fighting in it. A war about our feelings.

We’ve been groomed to think of ourselves as precious, fragile children for quite a while now, all the easier to boss around, muzzle and be sent to our rooms for the best part of two years. It starts with the television talking head telling us to ‘Wrap up warm / Stay hydrated’ instead of simply telling us what the weather will be. It takes in the radio interviews with young doctors during the pandemic (‘We’re being fast-tracked, it’s so exciting!’ Talking head: ‘But scary too?’ ‘No, just exciting!’) And ends up here, with Western media ceaselessly nagging at Ukrainians to be more scared – the best was a BBC 5 Live presenter asking a young Kiev woman taking up arms, ‘Are you scared?’, and her answering, ‘No – why would I be?’. I can understand how frightening fighting for your country would be if you were a feather-bedded BBC lifer whose greatest peril is keeping that weekly expenses claim believable. But they shouldn’t judge us all by their namby-pamby standards.

For a moment it seemed that the war in Ukraine was straight out of the history books. Tanks rolled out of one European country and into another on the shallow pretext that it was all about liberating minority peoples in the invaded country and uniting them with their brethren – the Sudetenland Stomp. Then the Telegraph claimed that Russia had ‘triggered’ Britons, and it became clear that this was actually a very modern war – the first war to be mostly about the people not actually fighting in it. A war about our feelings.

We’ve been groomed to think of ourselves as precious, fragile children for quite a while now, all the easier to boss around, muzzle and be sent to our rooms for the best part of two years. It starts with the television talking head telling us to ‘Wrap up warm / Stay hydrated’ instead of simply telling us what the weather will be. It takes in the radio interviews with young doctors during the pandemic (‘We’re being fast-tracked, it’s so exciting!’ Talking head: ‘But scary too?’ ‘No, just exciting!’) And ends up here, with Western media ceaselessly nagging at Ukrainians to be more scared – the best was a BBC 5 Live presenter asking a young Kiev woman taking up arms, ‘Are you scared?’, and her answering, ‘No – why would I be?’. I can understand how frightening fighting for your country would be if you were a feather-bedded BBC lifer whose greatest peril is keeping that weekly expenses claim believable. But they shouldn’t judge us all by their namby-pamby standards.

This is a great article, and this here is so true:

I’m not suggesting that we return to the days of cold baths and lard sandwiches. But I do believe that the current emphasis on feelings above all means that we are becoming less resilient than we might otherwise be. And though coddling people may make them feel better in the short term, in the long run it will lead them to have worse lives than if they had been encouraged to toughen up a bit.

Is manifestly true. All this emphasis on "wellness" has, in many cases, made people entirely self-absorbed and thus, a lot less "well". Every world even is now spun through the filter of how it makes people FEEL. It's pathetic

• Banned
This is a great article, and this here is so true:

I’m not suggesting that we return to the days of cold baths and lard sandwiches. But I do believe that the current emphasis on feelings above all means that we are becoming less resilient than we might otherwise be. And though coddling people may make them feel better in the short term, in the long run it will lead them to have worse lives than if they had been encouraged to toughen up a bit.

Is manifestly true. All this emphasis on "wellness" has, in many cases, made people entirely self-absorbed and thus, a lot less "well". Every world even is now spun through the filter of how it makes people FEEL. It's pathetic

Putin must have been viewing the last few years of Western wokeness with glee.

Ukraine in a nutshell.....

43805.png

• Banned
Do not read American newspapers and do not watch CNN (better Fox New and Natioal Interest)
I have already said - a new redistribution of the World has begun...
Americans will not remain behind the "island of America"...

That blue divide between Ireland and Newfoundland is a real pain.

Do not read American newspapers and do not watch CNN (better Fox New and Natioal Interest)
Funny stuff !

lol

Do you do stand-up too?

1.6 million refugees have fled to Poland and one of those other loser counties ....unfortunately for them they're the wrong color and from the wrong continent

European Parliament votes 478 to 155 in favor of imposing sanctions on the two countries that have taken in the overwhelming majority of Ukrainian refugees.
  • The European Parliament voted on Thursday morning in favor of imposing sanctions on Hungary and Poland, its two member states that have received the largest number of Ukrainian refugees following the invasion by Russia.
  • The EU legislative body supported the call for the European Commission to place immediate sanctions on the two countries by a vote of 478 to 155, despite the humanitarian crisis from the Russo-Ukrainian conflict spilling over into Hungarian and Polish territory.
  • In a press release published shortly after the Thursday vote, the European Parliament insisted it was “high time” for the European Commission to start taking steps to protect the EU budget from member states who ignore the bloc’s rule of law.
  • EU lawmakers insisted that taxpayers’ money must be protected “against those who undermine the EU’s values,” Remix notes.

Now if they took in murdering rapists from Africa and the Middle East...well that aligns more with the European unions "values"

"Operation Z" on the territory of "Ukraine" will be performed...
A new World redistribution awaits us
"I know 400 ways to get a Russian Bear out of its den... But I do not know of any way to get the Bear to return to the den,"
Otto Bismarck.
The bear woke up...
Shit. You're so stupid you think you're fighting Americans. Please grow a brain before it's too late.

You seriously believe Russia is going to take on the entirety of Western capitalism?

I don't think Mr Putin is that stupid. Really, I don't.

1.6 million refugees have fled to Poland and one of those other loser counties ....unfortunately for them they're the wrong color and from the wrong continent

European Parliament votes 478 to 155 in favor of imposing sanctions on the two countries that have taken in the overwhelming majority of Ukrainian refugees.
  • The European Parliament voted on Thursday morning in favor of imposing sanctions on Hungary and Poland, its two member states that have received the largest number of Ukrainian refugees following the invasion by Russia.
  • The EU legislative body supported the call for the European Commission to place immediate sanctions on the two countries by a vote of 478 to 155, despite the humanitarian crisis from the Russo-Ukrainian conflict spilling over into Hungarian and Polish territory.
  • In a press release published shortly after the Thursday vote, the European Parliament insisted it was “high time” for the European Commission to start taking steps to protect the EU budget from member states who ignore the bloc’s rule of law.
  • EU lawmakers insisted that taxpayers’ money must be protected “against those who undermine the EU’s values,” Remix notes.

Now if they took in murdering rapists from Africa and the Middle East...well that aligns more with the European unions "values"

Germany is becoming something other.

Frau Merkel let in one million......

Germany is becoming something other.

Frau Merkel let in one million......
Yeah. They're going to need them to drive the trains while the men are out digging for coal (or fighting Russians, one or the other).

It’s generally unwise to superimpose Hitler on to modern politics. But seeing the example set by the BBC and other liberal elites during the Ukrainian conflict, I do wonder how we’d be encouraged to react by our chronically risk-averse public figures if he was up to his diabolical antics today. Would we fight the Nazis in the street, as the Ukrainians are fighting the Russians, or would we just lie down in the nearest day spa and cry? If so, then our civilisation isn’t worth saving.

Everything is always about the Holocaust, isn't it. I read about

Last edited:
I hope Mr Putin has more of a clue than you do.

We have a common enemy. Putin knows it, Biden doesn't (or at least won't admit it). But Trump did.

Seriously now - Trump tried to tackle this enemy, and couldn't do it. It was too big for him. And I honestly think it's too big for Mr Putin too.

You saw what they did to Trump - the same thing is going to happen to Mr Putin if he becomes too annoying.

I hope he's watching his back. I would much rather see Mr Putin in charge than some of the other people lurking in the background.

I hope Mr Putin has more of a clue than you do.

We have a common enemy. Putin knows it, Biden doesn't (or at least won't admit it). But Trump did.

Seriously now - Trump tried to tackle this enemy, and couldn't do it. It was too big for him. And I honestly think it's too big for Mr Putin too.

You saw what they did to Trump - the same thing is going to happen to Mr Putin if he becomes too annoying.

I hope he's watching his back. I would much rather see Mr Putin in charge than some of the other people lurking in the background.
Tramp was Putin brain child, he wanted to get out of Nato.
Like his son said,

Everything we get money for comes out of Russia,
(or something)

Forum List

Back