UK halts all flights at largest Royal Air Force base because "the runway has melted."

Sounds like cheap construction and Chinese materials used.

I looked up the weather there online, and it was only 96 degrees F.
Good standard asphault doesn't even begin to melt until it reaches 120 degrees F.
Thats got to seriously be some super cheap and shoddy work!!!

Last edited:
I assume that perhaps they used tar or something as to seal cracks and perhaps that melted so they decided to move operations to other airports.

Shephard's pie.

:laughing0301:

1658195589962.png

Well,..... the melting temperature of Grey Poupon is 53 C..... so there IS that...

WTF?

The Brits are pitiful. :laughing0301:

It's like Gwarming hype. Not totally actually as bad as it sounds.

Flights were halted at London Luton airport and the RAF’s largest airbase on Monday as runways “melted” in extreme temperatures.

A Luton spokesperson confirmed: “Following today’s high temperatures, a surface defect was identified on the runway. Engineers were called immediately to site and repair works are currently in progress to resume operations as soon as possible.

“We would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.”

Sky News reports the RAF was also forced to halt flights at Brize Norton in Oxfordshire because its “runway has melted”.

--------------------------------------------------

Probably due to the WEIGHT of military aircraft empty or loaded. What England had TODAY is a COOL day in Bahrain, UAE, Saudi.. I THINK they use lighter colored aggregate there to reflect more heat.

Forum List

Back