UK: 97% of Moscow army is in Ukraine

Russian may have more troops but a certain percentage are conscription. here your gun , Ukraine is that way. More does not mean better. It just means, commanders should never turn their back when ordering their soldiers to advance.
True

I don’t know. Even with NATO backing, they’re still inferior. Russia has thousands and thousands of tanks. Hundreds and hundreds of aircraft.

They just don’t have the ability to field it all.
True, but so far the Ukranian's have run a smart war, and sometimes "more" as in the case of the Russian strategy isn't always better, but working smarter not harder is usually the key or the best plan, otherwise just as we've seen that Ukraine has been implementing in their strategy.

It's been interesting indeed, but in the end I think the win probably or just might go to Russia, and this is because the world can't intervene in the current set up, other than sending weapon's to what's probably left of a thinning force holding on for dear life.

I feel for every soldier fighting for their government's on both sides, because they are ordered to do what they are doing, which is to kill their brother's and sister's in war, and that's a crying shame that two nation's are at war with one another now.

NATO is more convenient with Ukraine remaining as some kind of a buffer zone between it and Russia, rather than becoming a full member with direct security guarantees. And in this direction they work.

Also, I don't think that Ukraine will become the EU member state. And not only because of Ukraine's corruption, weak economy, territorial disputes etc. Even if Ukraine were an exemplar nation of 'the first world', that wouldn't increase its chances on the EU's membership. Rather, it would decrease them.

Two main nations of the Union - Germany and France - don't want the Eastern flanc to be strengthening enough to create the other centre of power inside the EU. That is quite reasonable strategy. That is why I think the UK leaving the EU is an advantage to the bloc, btw. Let the Franco- German alliance lead the bloc, after all.
If NATO would be just content with Ukraine being a buffer-zone, aka neutral - Putin would have had no reason to risk a war. He would have simply continued his previous agitations and inciting civil unrest - in areas with a larger Ukrainian-Russian population - and in parallel destabilizing any non-pro Russian government in Kiev.
NATO had started to modernize, train and equip the UAF increasingly since 2012. As such the UAF had become a realistic threat to Putin in regards to defeating the Donbas Luhansk militias, and in a further attempt to retake Crimea. Also Ukraine had made no secret of wanting to become an EU and NATO member in 2008 and respectively 2010. BTW, neither the EU nor NATO declined towards those Ukraine membership declarations.

Which presents the causes as to why Putin started to destabilize the Kiev government from 2008 onward - incited or supported the Donbas/Luhansk issues and occupied Crimea.

That Ukraine will become an EU member is already a done deal - however as you know the process takes around 10-15 years for a candidate such as Ukraine. The damages caused to Ukraine by this war since 2014 add to around $ 3-5 trillion - keep in mind that the German reunification had cost around $2 trillion, but East-Germany's infrastructure was not destroyed, just antiquated. So after this war ends, the EU and NATO will just leave a totally infrastructural destroyed Ukraine on it's own? half the population without a job? certainly not - since such a country is absolutely prone towards political shifts, but they also will not stuff any country just with trillions - without having guarantees (a clear say) towards Ukraine's further economic and political development - which can only be done via Ukraine being an EU member and a NATO affiliate.

There is a lot of bull.. going around in regards to Poland - yes they have considerably increased their military spending's (and whatever is spend on military is missing in the economic/social development of a country). A large part of Poland's population (reflected by their government) is very nationalistic and just as Putin dreams/envisions a Czar like Russia - so do the Poles in regards to their former Poland-Lithuanian empire. (of which most of today's Ukraine used to be a part for almost 300 years), followed by around 200 years by Czarist Russia and the Soviet Union. And believe it or not there is still a lot of historic based dissonance amongst Poland/Czech/Slovakia/Hungary and partially Romania.
Poland's population and economic layout/power is nowhere near that of France and Germany. But they certainly envision a leader-role within the former Eastern-block. That is were EU and NATO start to face a serious problem. The EU is lead foremost by France/Germany who are certainly not in favor of provoking a division or giving a priority within the EU into a Western-block contra an Eastern-Block.
NATO however is predominantly lead and controlled by the USA - and in a way always unconditionally supported by the UK. The USA is clearly in favor of a forward/expanding strategy - which automatically makes Poland their main game - and thus involves the future NATO member Ukraine. As such NATO wise this former Poland-Lithuania is kind of resurrected. An envisaged future reunited or commonwealth like structured Poland/Ukraine would indeed pose a serious imbalance within the EU.

Putin is well aware about these issues and possible developments - so a war is actually helpful (for Putin) in view of causing disturbances/disharmony and disunion within the EU and NATO. Poland so far has been a great "supporter" for Putin in this regard.

Originally posted by Stormlover
How many Troops, planes and armor would the united states need to send over to beat russia?

Enough to stop bricking it.

Moscow export the corruption around the globe. but when it comes to eastern europe , corruption is a part of Moscow´s hybrid warfare
Moscow IMO does not export corruption - but simply exploits existing corruption, just as the USA and any other country are doing it.

Every country on this planet beholds corruption practices - some less some in huge extend - it's simply a trait based in all humans and their respective cultural societies and goes into extremes in countries that possess a poorly developed social-economic layout. - e.g. Ukraine.

If you don't even have the $ to see a doctor/going to a hospital, or getting your kids into school - you will start to "accumulate" $ - no matter via what means. If one want's to avoid becoming a thief, burglar, trickster or an open criminal - corruption (hidden criminal) is the preferred solution.

Originally posted by Stormlover
How many Troops, planes and armor would the united states need to send over to beat russia?

The US doesn't believe Ukraine can beat Russia.

Europe doesn't believe Ukraine can beat Russia.

Hell... not even Ukraine believes Ukraine can beat Russia...

But I do hope Ukraine manages to prevent Russia from overrunning the ukrainian Ukraine, ie, the part of the country that shares a sincere ukrainian national identity...

Even Vladimir knows that trying to conquer ukrainian Ukraine would be unwise... more than unwise... it would be a temerity.... eternal asymmetric warfare, guerilla war almost 100% guaranteed.

The problem is the fact that Russia needs a government in Kiev that respects the freedom and right of self-determination of Eastern Ukraine (the russian Ukraine) and rejects the absurd, gratuitous military encirclement of european Russia.

Last edited:
No idea - but it isn't feasible due to the existing nuke arsenal that both posses. That is why big powers are trying to cause each others economic/political demise via embargoes and proxy wars. Preferably or exclusively involving non-nuclear weapon possessing countries for their proxy wars.

The US doesn't believe Ukraine can beat Russia.

Europe doesn't believe Ukraine can beat Russia.

Hell... not even Ukraine believes Ukraine can beat Russia...

But I do hope Ukraine manages to prevent Russia from overrunning the ukrainian Ukraine, ie, the part of the country that shares a sincere ukrainian national identity...

Even Vladimir knows that trying to conquer ukrainian Ukraine would be unwise... more than unwise... it would be a temerity.... eternal asymmetric warfare, guerilla war almost 100% guaranteed.

The problem is the fact that Russia needs a government in Kiev that respects the freedom and right of self-determination of Eastern Ukraine (the russian Ukraine) and rejects the absurd, gratuitous military encirclement of european Russia.
Both sides in this crisis believe they have it all figured out. The one thing about war is it's very chaotic. Anything can happen. So good luck to all of you who believe you have figured out the logical conclusion of this war ! You all can not be right. And there will certainly be more unexpected events occurring. Like the total destruction of Red Square, they never saw that coming.

And die defending the nation from a tyrannical invader is an honorable way to go.
I'd agree if you were talking about Donbass, but brain washed as you are you chose the wrong side. It's no wonder though, every time I see Russians in your movies I want them all be brutally killed right away, so disgusting they all are pictured by Hollywood.

Micro-transport is happening all over the U.S. Electric skateboards in the city.
17 Feb 2023 Sputnik News Russian TrUMP Heavy Drone
Sorry, I don't quite get the meaning of your post - is it about the name of the drone?

That Russia and so many other countries are good and capable in developing whatever system is understood.
As for Russia and alike the main questions always remain the same; how many can they afford to build - what state of the art technological does the relevant system possess, and what will be it's factual quality/performance.

I'd agree if you were talking about Donbass, but brain washed as you are you chose the wrong side. It's no wonder though, every time I see Russians in your movies I want them all be brutally killed right away, so disgusting they all are pictured by Hollywood.

And where are you from, Alex? Do you not remember the Cold War? Do you not remember the fear of atom bombs being dropped on your homes? Do you not remember the tension between Russia and the free world? Are you not aware of the brutal communist dictatorship that killed millions across Russia and Europe?

You do realize the the Russians are threatening nuclear war against the U.S. and the free world? Do you not know who supports Russia? (Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba... ring any bells?)

Sure, the Russian government may be traditional, i.e anti-lgbt, pro-Christian orthodox, and anti-Biden, but do you not see who they are? I'm as anti-Biden, anti-lgbt and pro-Christian as anybody, but I see Putin and the Russians for who they are, the new Third Reich.

They silence political opposition, force people to join their army, wage a propaganda war, threaten the United States and Europe with world war, and butcher civilians in a country that didn't attack them in any way.

Why do you like the Russians so much? What country do you live in? How come you think they are the good guys in this situation? They are our enemies, always have been, and likely always will be.

And where are you from, Alex? Do you not remember the Cold War? Do you not remember the fear of atom bombs being dropped on your homes? Do you not remember the tension between Russia and the free world? Are you not aware of the brutal communist dictatorship that killed millions across Russia and Europe?

You do realize the the Russians are threatening nuclear war against the U.S. and the free world? Do you not know who supports Russia? (Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba... ring any bells?)

Sure, the Russian government may be traditional, i.e anti-lgbt, pro-Christian orthodox, and anti-Biden, but do you not see who they are? I'm as anti-Biden, anti-lgbt and pro-Christian as anybody, but I see Putin and the Russians for who they are, the new Third Reich.

They silence political opposition, force people to join their army, wage a propaganda war, threaten the United States and Europe with world war, and butcher civilians in a country that didn't attack them in any way.

Why do you like the Russians so much? What country do you live in? How come you think they are the good guys in this situation? They are our enemies, always have been, and likely always will be.
Hmmmm, when did the Russians threaten directly the United States and the world with nukes on the offensive, otherwise instead of when on the defensive when it comes to their war and goals in Ukraine ?

Was not the threat's of nukes based upon escalation of the war caused by outside involvement in the situation ?

Just wanting the rhetoric to be correct, because it is important to be correct in these things IMO. Thanks.

If NATO would be just content with Ukraine being a buffer-zone, aka neutral - Putin would have had no reason to risk a war. He would have simply continued his previous agitations and inciting civil unrest - in areas with a larger Ukrainian-Russian population - and in parallel destabilizing any non-pro Russian government in Kiev.
NATO had started to modernize, train and equip the UAF increasingly since 2012. As such the UAF had become a realistic threat to Putin in regards to defeating the Donbas Luhansk militias, and in a further attempt to retake Crimea. Also Ukraine had made no secret of wanting to become an EU and NATO member in 2008 and respectively 2010. BTW, neither the EU nor NATO declined towards those Ukraine membership declarations.

Which presents the causes as to why Putin started to destabilize the Kiev government from 2008 onward - incited or supported the Donbas/Luhansk issues and occupied Crimea.

That Ukraine will become an EU member is already a done deal - however as you know the process takes around 10-15 years for a candidate such as Ukraine. The damages caused to Ukraine by this war since 2014 add to around $ 3-5 trillion - keep in mind that the German reunification had cost around $2 trillion, but East-Germany's infrastructure was not destroyed, just antiquated. So after this war ends, the EU and NATO will just leave a totally infrastructural destroyed Ukraine on it's own? half the population without a job? certainly not - since such a country is absolutely prone towards political shifts, but they also will not stuff any country just with trillions - without having guarantees (a clear say) towards Ukraine's further economic and political development - which can only be done via Ukraine being an EU member and a NATO affiliate.

There is a lot of bull.. going around in regards to Poland - yes they have considerably increased their military spending's (and whatever is spend on military is missing in the economic/social development of a country). A large part of Poland's population (reflected by their government) is very nationalistic and just as Putin dreams/envisions a Czar like Russia - so do the Poles in regards to their former Poland-Lithuanian empire. (of which most of today's Ukraine used to be a part for almost 300 years), followed by around 200 years by Czarist Russia and the Soviet Union. And believe it or not there is still a lot of historic based dissonance amongst Poland/Czech/Slovakia/Hungary and partially Romania.
Poland's population and economic layout/power is nowhere near that of France and Germany. But they certainly envision a leader-role within the former Eastern-block. That is were EU and NATO start to face a serious problem. The EU is lead foremost by France/Germany who are certainly not in favor of provoking a division or giving a priority within the EU into a Western-block contra an Eastern-Block.
NATO however is predominantly lead and controlled by the USA - and in a way always unconditionally supported by the UK. The USA is clearly in favor of a forward/expanding strategy - which automatically makes Poland their main game - and thus involves the future NATO member Ukraine. As such NATO wise this former Poland-Lithuania is kind of resurrected. An envisaged future reunited or commonwealth like structured Poland/Ukraine would indeed pose a serious imbalance within the EU.

Putin is well aware about these issues and possible developments - so a war is actually helpful (for Putin) in view of causing disturbances/disharmony and disunion within the EU and NATO. Poland so far has been a great "supporter" for Putin in this regard.
Putin could do nothing in the way you described above. After taking Crimea and virtually taking a half of Donbas, there were no chances of pro-Russian government ever getting majority. It is somewhat like taking out California and New York and expecting the Dems regaining power.

About Ukraine and the EU. I don't believe Ukraine can become a EU member with territorial disputes with Russia. That Ukraine won't retake all the territories and won't recognize them to be a part of Russia, and Russia won't give them back, I consider as a given.

But I agree that Ukraine can't stay in a grey zone. As a good decision I can see Ukraine becoming a member of the EFTA by accelerated procedure. It virtually means the EU membership in all but name.

Poland. Of course they have ambitions. They clearly want to be a leader of the Eastern flanc. But Poland is no match for Germany and France in economic sense. In military and security terms the role of Poland will be rising. I expect Poland to become the main hub in logistics, training, military hardware production and repairing for the Eastern flanc and Ukraine.

I'm as anti-Biden, anti-lgbt and pro-Christian as anybody
Biden or whoever, I don't really see the difference but your anti-lgbt and pro-Christian stance gives a glimmer of hope. Well, I'm Russian, who else could I be? USSR born and living there ever since, at least geographically.
Watch this movie if you want to know why I like Russians so much. It's about us, the soviets, to be exact, but you always claim you're pro life and anti-war, for everything good against everything bad so stay patient for a while and see it through. I just want to know if we're really that different emotionally. It was black & white originally, which I liked much more, but this one has English subs so no choice here. Much of its impact will surely be lost in translation but some will hopefully get through. Good luck.

It won't play here but plays on YouTube.

Yeah...with 97% of the total Russian army engaged...and taking huge casualties, I think that Putin has thrown the dice..and will lose. Reports indicate the Ukraine is bending, but not breaking. The Western world simply will not let Russia win..period. Now, if this is a good thing..or a bad one is up in the air. Not a lot of room for Putin to escalate..conventionally.

“The UK says”.

LOL

Hmmmm, when did the Russians threaten directly the United States and the world with nukes on the offensive, otherwise instead of when on the defensive when it comes to their war and goals in Ukraine ?

Was not the threat's of nukes based upon escalation of the war caused by outside involvement in the situation ?

Just wanting the rhetoric to be correct, because it is important to be correct in these things IMO. Thanks.

They threatened catastrophic consequences when we offered support, guns, drones, tanks... Whatever we do they saber rattle. Are you blind?

Russias "defense" excuse is stupid since you know, they aren't defending anything. They're in a country they don't belong in.

I'm Russian, who else could I be?
I rest my case.

Just so you know, I have no ill will towards the Russian people, just your leadership. I had friends in Ukraine and Russia pre war. My Ukrainian friend has been away from his family for a full year now, and has been fighting non-stop. He sent me a trophy Russian baclava he got off a captured tanker. Right now last I heard, he was in Bakhmut. My one Russian friend has been silent. He was mobilized early on, and kept communications up, but now I think he is dead. Another Russian friend of mine contacted me last week after a hiatus, and said he lost his hand and part of his leg in Mariupol.

Forum List

Back