U.S. Supreme Court to hear Trump bid to exclude illegal immigrants from representation

Why should illegals have political representation?

No clue how the court will respond, but it's an easy enough question.

U.S. Supreme Court to hear Trump bid to exclude illegal immigrants from representation

Why? Because that's what the Constitution call for.

The U.S. Constitution empowers the Congress to carry out the census in "such manner as they shall by Law direct" (Article I, Section 2). The Founders of our fledgling nation had a bold and ambitious plan to empower the people over their new government. The plan was to count every person living in the newly created United States of America, and to use that count to determine representation in the Congress.

Census in the Constitution.

A census counter is completely unable to determine who is here legally or not at that. This is just another case where the government tries to blame others for it's failures.

Technically, it calls for the enumeration of "the whole Number of free Persons". At that time of writing there was no immigration law as there was no reason to have any.

Illegal aliens are not "free" but only "free-roaming", no different than a burglar who enters your house.

There is no logic in giving Congressional representation to foreign entities.

People will argue that there were no semi-automatic weapons back then either so banning them is OK.

None of it is OK. Besides, they are not foreign entities. They are people here processing our food. Caring for our children. Taking care of our lawns,

Your attempted flip to another issue is noted.

If they are not citizens, they are foreign entities. To say otherwise is the height of willful ignorance.

They are here. They are staying. They should be counted just like the Constitution requires.
ok 3/5th how's that?

Argue that and it can be discussed but the Constitution clearly states that everyone gets counted.

All the same you then have to argue how that gets done. Are we to hire tens of thousands of Federal immigration officials to determine the status of everyone they count? And how do you propose this be done?
So you count International Arrivals at JKF as citizens?

Really?

You can try whatever cute reply you wish BUT the census has always counted "All". Why you want to attack and throw out the Constitution makes no sense to me.
No the census has not counted all, that's why nonslave states pushed for 3/5th compromise to keep the democrats from using their slaves to gain more power than they should have.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a term of years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three-fifths of all other Persons

First off it's a complete waste of an argument meant to nothing other than divide people. There is absolutely no way a census worker can determine who is here legally and who is not.
yes there is, it's the same way you legally purchase a gun
DO YOU NEED A HINT?
And if you aren't a citizen no state should gain an advantage over another state over illegals acts and criminals coming into America.

Yeah, I need a hint. I can legally purchase a gun many ways. Please explain.
oh, there is more than one way to legally purchase a gun? enlighten me

You are the one that made the claim. Explain how this would work and who is even suggesting it be done?

(you know the answer to your own question)
You're the one who made the claim there is more than one way to legally buy a firearm
I'm waiting for your explanation of these ways.

The U.S. Constitution empowers the Congress to carry out the census in "such manner as they shall by Law direct" (Article I, Section 2). The Founders of our fledgling nation had a bold and ambitious plan to empower the people over their new government. The plan was to count every person living in the newly created United States of America, and to use that count to determine representation in the Congress.

A census counter is completely unable to determine who is here legally or not at that. This is just another case where the government tries to blame others for it's failures.
The Constitution phrase is "Free Persons". People here illegally are not Free Persons.

Technically, it calls for the enumeration of "the whole Number of free Persons". At that time of writing there was no immigration law as there was no reason to have any.

Illegal aliens are not "free" but only "free-roaming", no different than a burglar who enters your house.

People will argue that there were no semi-automatic weapons back then either so banning them is OK.

None of it is OK. Besides, they are not foreign entities. They are people here processing our food. Caring for our children. Taking care of our lawns,

If they are not citizens, they are foreign entities. To say otherwise is the height of willful ignorance.

They are here. They are staying. They should be counted just like the Constitution requires.
ok 3/5th how's that?

Argue that and it can be discussed but the Constitution clearly states that everyone gets counted.

All the same you then have to argue how that gets done. Are we to hire tens of thousands of Federal immigration officials to determine the status of everyone they count? And how do you propose this be done?

Really?

You can try whatever cute reply you wish BUT the census has always counted "All". Why you want to attack and throw out the Constitution makes no sense to me.
No the census has not counted all, that's why nonslave states pushed for 3/5th compromise to keep the democrats from using their slaves to gain more power than they should have.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a term of years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three-fifths of all other Persons

First off it's a complete waste of an argument meant to nothing other than divide people. There is absolutely no way a census worker can determine who is here legally and who is not.
DO YOU NEED A HINT?
And if you aren't a citizen no state should gain an advantage over another state over illegals acts and criminals coming into America.

Yeah, I need a hint. I can legally purchase a gun many ways. Please explain.
oh, there is more than one way to legally purchase a gun? enlighten me

You are the one that made the claim. Explain how this would work and who is even suggesting it be done?

(you know the answer to your own question)
You're the one who made the claim there is more than one way to legally buy a firearm
I'm waiting for your explanation of these ways.

I would be happy to despite you already knowing the answer BUT I asked you to explain yourself first.

The Constitution phrase is "Free Persons". People here illegally are not Free Persons.

No it doesn't. Why lie? (I know the answer to that already)

"counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.”

The Census does more than apportion political representation.

Illegals shouldn't be counted in the census.
Feel free to amend the Constitution....

Not necessary. Enforce existing law.
The current constitution says count persons....
If you're talking about deporting people...you blob has had 4 years...he's not done shit on that front either.

Remember how you guys were beating your chests about federal agents driving around scooping up illegals by the bus load?

It never happened.....
you're a genius
..the DUMBASS states like Cali are stopping it...not only do they assist the illegals, they even PAY illegals for -----------------------being illegal!!!!!!!!!! very very stupid

California is dying rapidly....

JO

ok 3/5th how's that?

Really?
No. Why should we? We have no express immigration clause in our federal Constitution.

DO YOU NEED A HINT?
There is no express immigration clause in our federal Constitution. And, any natural born person in our Union is a citizen by natural born birth.

Why not? They could be refugees seeking their natural rights. We have a statue of liberty.

California is dying rapidly....

JO
Wow, how fantastical. Are you on the right wing?

The economy of California is the largest in the United States, boasting a $3.2 trillion gross state product as of 2019. If California were a sovereign nation (2019), it would rank as the world's fifth largest economy, ahead of India and behind Germany.--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_California

Illegals should not only be denied representation but the fuckers should ALL be deported.
In body bags
Right wingers only allege to care about natural rights in abortion threads.

You have no understanding of the what the word "Illegal" means do you Moon Bat? Go look up the word and then report back to me.

You will kill American children for the sake of convenience but allow third world countries to import their poverty to the US.

You stupid uneducated Moon bats don't understand Ethics any more than you understand Economics, History, Climate Science, Biology or the Constitution.

"counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.”
https://www.census.gov/history/pdf/Article_1_Section_2.pdf

"Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons..."

Illegals should not only be denied representation but the fuckers should ALL be deported.
In body bags

You have no understanding of the what the word "Illegal" means do you Moon Bat? Go look up the word and then report back to me.

You will kill American children for the sake of convenience but allow third world countries to import their poverty to the US.

You stupid uneducated Moon bats don't understand Ethics any more than you understand Economics, History, Climate Science, Biology or the Constitution.
Yes, I do, right wingers otherwise we would not be having this argument. Show us the express Immigration clause in our federal Constitution or get legal to the laws.

Why not? They could be refugees seeking their natural rights. We have a statue of liberty.

They could be some of the 60,000,000 tourists arriving through JFK, I mean at this point, what difference does it make?

In body bags

Yes, I do, right wingers otherwise we would not be having this argument. Show us the express Immigration clause in our federal Constitution or get legal to the laws.
As of 1809 the Federal Government per the Constitution has control of Immigration learn to read retard.

https://www.census.gov/history/pdf/Article_1_Section_2.pdf

"Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons..."

Which today is everyone.

Forum List

Back