U.S. Supreme Court rejects Trump over 'Dreamers' immigrants

Dreamer's win..again---I wonder what Gorsuch's vote was?

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday dealt a setback to President Donald Trump, requiring his administration to maintain protections he has sought to end for hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought illegally into the United States as children.

The justices refused to hear the administration's appeal of a federal judge's Jan. 9 injunction that halted Trump's move to end a program that benefits immigrants known as "Dreamers" implemented in 2012 by his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama. Under Trump's action, the protections were due to start phasing out beginning in March."

Better link:

In blow to Trump, Supreme Court won’t hear appeal of DACA ruling

The Racist Democrats even brag about using illegal aliens to cancel-out the votes of American citizens.
Way to stay on topic...not.

Didn't you even read your own article? The SC passed on a ruling leaving it up to the lower court right now.
Yes, I know..I just wondered what Gorsuch felt about it..perhaps I used the word 'vote' a bit carelessly..sorry. I have a theory that Gorsuch is not going to be the friend to the Right that they think.

As everyone here knows, I'm no Trump fan--but the MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all..just a procedural thing.Trump is in favor of DACA..and wants the Dreamers to have a path to citizenship--he has said so many times. He just wants to use it as a bargaining chip to get his wall. The only way that works is if the decision stays in Congress, thus Trump's seeking to end the illegal executive order.Just politics..nothing more or less.
`
Since the "trump administration" (trump being the president) was the entity that pushed this issue in SCOTUS, figuratively speaking, it was a blow to trump, unless of course trump the president was against this lawsuit.
`

he'll moore it- he knew all along he'd lose

:lol:
I wonder..if you will indulge me..as to what you think about the idea the Trump wishes the Dreamers to stay in this country...ultimately. He has said so many times? Do you think he's lying? If not, do you agree with him? While this is a political setback, I guess...is it also a personal victory for Trump..in that the Dreamers are staying..and that is what he has stated that he wishes?

do i think he's lying?

i have a simple litmus test that i apply to anything trump says after having observed his behavior over the past 30+ years.

did his lips move?
They moved when he said he would scorch the pantsuits off of Hillary.

Uh ... The court refused to hear the case.
There wasn't a ruling nor a vote.

That's a common mistake people make when attempting to make something that means nothing actually mean something.
It does leave the lower court's decision in place ... It doesn't mean anything other than the fact the Supreme Court didn't feel the appeal warranted their review.

That's a sign of the Supreme Court attempting to avoid legislating from the bench.
It doesn't mean they ruled one way or another ... Nor does it prevent them from hearing any subsequent appeal regarding the matter.

Uh ... The court refused to hear the case.
There wasn't a ruling nor a vote.

That's a common mistake people make when attempting to make something that means nothing actually mean something.
It does leave the lower court's decision in place ... It doesn't mean anything other than the fact the Supreme Court didn't feel the appeal warranted their review.

That's a sign of the Supreme Court attempting to avoid legislating from the bench.
It doesn't mean they ruled one way or another ... Nor does it prevent them from hearing any subsequent appeal regarding the matter.

Obviously you wrote this without reading all my posts, as I have addressed this. That's a common mistake of those who would rather leap on a point before having all information to hand. I'm sorry I used the word 'vote', as it seems to have inflamed certain posters. I just wondered what his stance was on this issue. I'll try to be more precise in my use of language in the future.

I would point out that this did NOT mean that the Supremes felt that the appeal did not deserve their review..just that they felt that the process needed to observed and that skipping the lower courts review was not warranted. As you say...this case will probably still see the Supreme Court some time in the future.

Last edited:

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday dealt a setback to President Donald Trump, requiring his administration to maintain protections he has sought to end for hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought illegally into the United States as children.

The justices refused to hear the administration's appeal of a federal judge's Jan. 9 injunction that halted Trump's move to end a program that benefits immigrants known as "Dreamers" implemented in 2012 by his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama. Under Trump's action, the protections were due to start phasing out beginning in March."

Better link:

The Racist Democrats even brag about using illegal aliens to cancel-out the votes of American citizens.

The topic is the Democratic Party's support for illegal immigration

Better link:

The MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all.....just a procedural thing. SCOTUS wishes the case to go through all the procedural steps, going through the lower courts first, before ruling.

Trump is in favor of DACA..and wants the Dreamers to have a path to citizenship--he has said so many times. He just wants to use it as a bargaining chip to get his wall. The only way that works is if the decision stays in Congress, thus Trump's seeking to end the illegal executive order.
You don't think President Trump realized, when he rescinded Obama's Order on DACA, that Congress has not been capable of passing legislation on illegal immigrants in decades? Do you think he didn't realize how risky that was, if his real objective was to give DACA recipients citizenship?
Considering the way he talks about illegal immigrants, I am at a loss to square his statements about DACA with his repeated statements that illegals are the devil himself.
I agree it should be a law that won't be forever quicksand under the feet of DACA enrollees. However, Congress has been incapable of doing this for how long? For the President to cut off the DACA Order, throw it back into the lap of a do nothing Congress expecting action? I am just not convinced Trump is as in favor as he says he is.

Better link:

The MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all.....just a procedural thing. SCOTUS wishes the case to go through all the procedural steps, going through the lower courts first, before ruling.

Trump is in favor of DACA..and wants the Dreamers to have a path to citizenship--he has said so many times. He just wants to use it as a bargaining chip to get his wall. The only way that works is if the decision stays in Congress, thus Trump's seeking to end the illegal executive order.
You don't think President Trump realized, when he rescinded Obama's Order on DACA, that Congress has not been capable of passing legislation on illegal immigrants in decades? Do you think he didn't realize how risky that was, if his real objective was to give DACA recipients citizenship?
Considering the way he talks about illegal immigrants, I am at a loss to square his statements about DACA with his repeated statements that illegals are the devil himself.
I agree it should be a law that won't be forever quicksand under the feet of DACA enrollees. However, Congress has been incapable of doing this for how long? For the President to cut off the DACA Order, throw it back into the lap of a do nothing Congress expecting action? I am just not convinced Trump is as in favor as he says he is.

Since I actually wrote this post...and for whatever reason--Mcgarrett plagiarized it, I'll reply---I think Trump is in favor..as long as it benefits him. As I stated--I think he sees it as a bargaining chip, nothing more. Would he toss them to the wolves if he thought it would benefit him? In a New York second.

I do think it's an issue for Congress..and I do think that the Obama Executive Order was Unconstitutional--it's just getting them to actually do anything is so hard.

As everyone here knows, I'm no Trump fan--but the MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all..just a procedural thing.

Just politics..nothing more or less.
It is just politics, and consequently a political blow to Trump, illustrating his administration's incompetence, the miscalculation that Congress would act, and a failure to do the legal research to anticipate how the courts might rule.

Better link:

The topic is the Democratic Party's support for illegal immigration
No..the topic is in the title--the SCOTUS sending the DACA case back to the lower courts. Nothing was mentioned about the Democratic party.

Better link:

And it's a kick to the nuts! Lying Trump doubles over and falls over his double chin onto the ground. He holds his hand up towards Melania to help him up but she swats it away, "go ask one of your $130,000 prostitutes". Trump rolls over on his fat ass and yells to Siri, "I've fallen and can't get up". Siri replies with "shall I call someone that gives even one fuck? Or would you prefer a restaurant closer?".

More fake news.....nothing to see here folks
I gotta ask...just what makes this 'fake news'.

Do you contend that the SCOTUS did NOT send the case back to the lower court?

How can a factually correct statement, rendered in proper context, be 'fake news'?

Forum List

Back