U.S. Supreme Court rejects Trump over 'Dreamers' immigrants

As everyone here knows, I'm no Trump fan--but the MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all..just a procedural thing.

Trump is in favor of DACA..and wants the Dreamers to have a path to citizenship--he has said so many times. He just wants to use it as a bargaining chip to get his wall. The only way that works is if the decision stays in Congress, thus Trump's seeking to end the illegal executive order.

Just politics..nothing more or less.
It is just politics, and consequently a political blow to Trump, illustrating his administration's incompetence, the miscalculation that Congress would act, and a failure to do the legal research to anticipate how the courts might rule.
Maybe..it's hard to parse. Has he miscalculated Congress's reaction? Or is he counting on it? Did he fail to do the legal research..or..is this just a cover..a manufactured excuse he can play on aimed at his base? It's so hard to figure out..Trump could end DACA today..with an EO. Yet, he does not..why? Political fallout? Maybe...but if he wanted to force Congress to act..that would be the move...it would kill the Republicans though--to have to make a stand.

Political blow..or a very smart play to take the DACA issue out of play until the Midterms are over?

Obviously you wrote this without reading all my posts, as I have addressed this. That's a common mistake of those who would rather leap on a point before having all information to hand. I'm sorry I used the word 'vote', as it seems to have inflamed certain posters. I just wondered what his stance was on this issue. I'll try to be more precise in my use of language in the future.

I would point out that this did NOT mean that the Supremes felt that the appeal did not deserve their review..just that they felt that the process needed to observed and that skipping the lower courts review was not warranted. As you say...this case will probably still see the Supreme Court some time in the future.

I didn't comment on your entire post ... Just the part I quoted.

I also indicated that the lowers courts decision still stood ...
Which in no way could be considered beneficial to President Trump's efforts.

I didn't jump to any conclusions ...
And have made similar arguments against other people who have tried to assign abstract meaning to the Supreme Court's refusal to hear other cases.

No harm no foul ... No offense.

Dreamer's win..again---I wonder what Gorsuch's vote was?

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday dealt a setback to President Donald Trump, requiring his administration to maintain protections he has sought to end for hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought illegally into the United States as children.

The justices refused to hear the administration's appeal of a federal judge's Jan. 9 injunction that halted Trump's move to end a program that benefits immigrants known as "Dreamers" implemented in 2012 by his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama. Under Trump's action, the protections were due to start phasing out beginning in March."

Better link:

In blow to Trump, Supreme Court won’t hear appeal of DACA ruling

And it's a kick to the nuts! Lying Trump doubles over and falls over his double chin onto the ground. He holds his hand up towards Melania to help him up but she swats it away, "go ask one of your $130,000 prostitutes". Trump rolls over on his fat ass and yells to Siri, "I've fallen and can't get up". Siri replies with "shall I call someone that gives even one fuck? Or would you prefer a restaurant closer?".
You do have one hell of an active imagination.

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday dealt a setback to President Donald Trump, requiring his administration to maintain protections he has sought to end for hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought illegally into the United States as children.

The justices refused to hear the administration's appeal of a federal judge's Jan. 9 injunction that halted Trump's move to end a program that benefits immigrants known as "Dreamers" implemented in 2012 by his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama. Under Trump's action, the protections were due to start phasing out beginning in March."

Better link:

Trolling with slanted headlines! SCOTUS simply sent it back to the 9th Circuit Court for review - as is the customary way to deal with the original suit.

Better link:

so whatever that fucking Obutthole signed for on an XO is basically law and the next President can't overrule it? WTF.

Better link:

The MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all.....just a procedural thing. SCOTUS wishes the case to go through all the procedural steps, going through the lower courts first, before ruling.

Trump is in favor of DACA..and wants the Dreamers to have a path to citizenship--he has said so many times. He just wants to use it as a bargaining chip to get his wall. The only way that works is if the decision stays in Congress, thus Trump's seeking to end the illegal executive order.
You don't think President Trump realized, when he rescinded Obama's Order on DACA, that Congress has not been capable of passing legislation on illegal immigrants in decades? Do you think he didn't realize how risky that was, if his real objective was to give DACA recipients citizenship?
Considering the way he talks about illegal immigrants, I am at a loss to square his statements about DACA with his repeated statements that illegals are the devil himself.
I agree it should be a law that won't be forever quicksand under the feet of DACA enrollees. However, Congress has been incapable of doing this for how long? For the President to cut off the DACA Order, throw it back into the lap of a do nothing Congress expecting action? I am just not convinced Trump is as in favor as he says he is.

Maybe it's a negotiating tactic?

Hopefully this badly weakens Trump’s ability to hold Dreamers hostage as a bargaining chip for his cowardly wall.

Don’t hold your breath, it will go to a liberal appeal judge, and that judge will probably block it and then it will go to the Supreme Court, so sorry this isn’t going to weaken Trump, it will just delay the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully this badly weakens Trump’s ability to hold Dreamers hostage as a bargaining chip for his cowardly wall.

Don’t hold your breath, it will go to a liberal appeal judge, and that judge will probably block it and then it will go to the Supreme Court, so sorry this isn’t going to weaken Trump, it will just delay the outcome.

For a year possibly. In the meantime, they will be multiplying like maggots on shit.

Before Trump’s March 5 deadline? :laugh: :321:

Forum List

Back