U.S. Supreme Court rejects Trump over 'Dreamers' immigrants

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho

Dreamer's win..again---I wonder what Gorsuch's vote was?

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday dealt a setback to President Donald Trump, requiring his administration to maintain protections he has sought to end for hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought illegally into the United States as children.

The justices refused to hear the administration's appeal of a federal judge's Jan. 9 injunction that halted Trump's move to end a program that benefits immigrants known as "Dreamers" implemented in 2012 by his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama. Under Trump's action, the protections were due to start phasing out beginning in March."

Better link:

In blow to Trump, Supreme Court won’t hear appeal of DACA ruling

Last edited:
No justices dissented. They could just want more appeals courts to rule on it before they do. All they refused to do was skip the appeals court process that was requested by the Justice Dept.

As everyone here knows, I'm no Trump fan--but the MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all..just a procedural thing.

Trump is in favor of DACA..and wants the Dreamers to have a path to citizenship--he has said so many times. He just wants to use it as a bargaining chip to get his wall. The only way that works is if the decision stays in Congress, thus Trump's seeking to end the illegal executive order.

Just politics..nothing more or less.

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday dealt a setback to President Donald Trump, requiring his administration to maintain protections he has sought to end for hundreds of thousands of immigrants brought illegally into the United States as children.

The justices refused to hear the administration's appeal of a federal judge's Jan. 9 injunction that halted Trump's move to end a program that benefits immigrants known as "Dreamers" implemented in 2012 by his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama. Under Trump's action, the protections were due to start phasing out beginning in March."

Better link:

If the SC had heard the appeal and upheld the Administration, the "deadline" would have a firm date again, though, wouldn't it? And that would have been in Trump's best interests for his "bargaining chip."
Congress won't move until a week before the deadline. Right now we haven't got one, and that means Congress is going to stick this at the bottom of the pile, again. Trump is right about one thing--this needs to be agreed upon and legislated, one way or the other. The Congress is disappointing us again.

No justices dissented. They could just want more appeals courts to rule on it before they do. All they refused to do was skip the appeals court process that was requested by the Justice Dept.

They clearly did not see this as a overreach or they would have overturned it as they did on some other issues.

Better link:

The MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all.....just a procedural thing. SCOTUS wishes the case to go through all the procedural steps, going through the lower courts first, before ruling.

Trump is in favor of DACA..and wants the Dreamers to have a path to citizenship--he has said so many times. He just wants to use it as a bargaining chip to get his wall. The only way that works is if the decision stays in Congress, thus Trump's seeking to end the illegal executive order.

Better link:

The MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all.....just a procedural thing. SCOTUS wishes the case to go through all the procedural steps, going through the lower courts first, before ruling.

Couldn't have said it better myself...ROTFLMAO!

I guess plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery?

Post #5

Last edited:
As everyone here knows, I'm no Trump fan--but the MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all..just a procedural thing.

Just politics..nothing more or less.

In real terms, you could be right, but I'll bet he's pitching a tantrum about now.

in that the administration sought to short circuit (no pun intended) the appeals process, i don't see how this can not be considered a blow against trump.

if scotus thought that the admin was likely to prevail on appeal, that the admin's argument that the court should accept the case now because it raised such important legal questions about presidential authority was valid, i believe they would have taken the case.

at a minimum, he's lost some of his leverage to get funding for his ridiculous wall.

As everyone here knows, I'm no Trump fan--but the MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all..just a procedural thing.Trump is in favor of DACA..and wants the Dreamers to have a path to citizenship--he has said so many times. He just wants to use it as a bargaining chip to get his wall. The only way that works is if the decision stays in Congress, thus Trump's seeking to end the illegal executive order.Just politics..nothing more or less.
`
Since the "trump administration" (trump being the president) was the entity that pushed this issue in SCOTUS, figuratively speaking, it was a blow to trump, unless of course trump the president was against this lawsuit.
`

As everyone here knows, I'm no Trump fan--but the MSM bias here is egregious..this is no 'Blow to Trump' nor is it a rejection. In fact, it has nothing to do with Trump at all..just a procedural thing.Trump is in favor of DACA..and wants the Dreamers to have a path to citizenship--he has said so many times. He just wants to use it as a bargaining chip to get his wall. The only way that works is if the decision stays in Congress, thus Trump's seeking to end the illegal executive order.Just politics..nothing more or less.
`
Since the "trump administration" (trump being the president) was the entity that pushed this issue in SCOTUS, figuratively speaking, it was a blow to trump, unless of course trump the president was against this lawsuit.
`

he'll moore it- he knew all along he'd lose

:lol:

`
`
Perceptiion is an individual thing, I guess. In that Trump wishes to get this issue back into Congress ASAP, it is a setback..my comment was more to the point of how the Media is handling it..it gets old to watch those who are supposed to inform us objectively using such loaded and partisan language.

For so many, this is all about winners and losers..and the actual issue gets lost in all the cheer-leading...IMO.

Last edited:
`
`

I wonder..if you will indulge me..as to what you think about the idea the Trump wishes the Dreamers to stay in this country...ultimately. He has said so many times. Do you think he's lying? If not, do you agree with him? While this is a political setback, I guess...is it also a personal victory for Trump..in that the Dreamers are staying..and that is what he has stated that he wishes?

Better link:

The Racist Democrats even brag about using illegal aliens to cancel-out the votes of American citizens.

illegal-immigrants-obammmma-voting-booth.jpg

IllegalImmigrantsDeathTrain.jpg

`
`

I wonder..if you will indulge me..as to what you think about the idea the Trump wishes the Dreamers to stay in this country...ultimately. He has said so many times? Do you think he's lying? If not, do you agree with him? While this is a political setback, I guess...is it also a personal victory for Trump..in that the Dreamers are staying..and that is what he has stated that he wishes?

do i think he's lying?

i have a simple litmus test that i apply to anything trump says after having observed his behavior over the past 30+ years.

did his lips move?

New Topics

Forum List

Back