U.S. State Dept.: Killig ISIS won't defeat them. We must give them jobs.

do you have an opinion on that quote?
i can't find fault with it. you can't bomb an idea to death.
Worked pretty well in WWII...... war is slaughter.... we dont have it in us anymore which is why we lose.
actually, wwii proves her right. we spent a lot of money and effort rebuilding germany and japan - giving the people jobs - after the war.

and the dire economic situation in germany prior to wwii proves the point further.

But we bombed them into submission first.
"We're killing them and we're going to keep killing more of them. So are the Egyptians, so are the Jordanians."
so what's the problem?

Not killing em to the best of our ability.
what would you like us to do that we aren't doing?

Worked pretty well in WWII...... war is slaughter.... we dont have it in us anymore which is why we lose.
actually, wwii proves her right. we spent a lot of money and effort rebuilding germany and japan - giving the people jobs - after the war.

and the dire economic situation in germany prior to wwii proves the point further.

"We're killing them and we're going to keep killing more of them. So are the Egyptians, so are the Jordanians."
so what's the problem?

Lead..with a comprehensive plan.

so what's the problem?

Compare tons of ordnance compared to say Desert Storm.

so what's the problem?

they aren't exactly the same scenario, you know that, right?

and the ordinance during desert storm was in preparation for a ground offensive. would you like a ground offensive?

so what's the problem?

that's rather generic - in fact it's a bit of a cop-out.

specifically, what would you like the united states to do?

so what's the problem?

and the ordinance during desert storm was in preparation for a ground offensive. would you like a ground offensive?

You should be dropping more ordnance to make up for the lack of ground troops,not less.

so what's the problem?

You should be dropping more ordnance to make up for the lack of ground troops,not less.
your opinion. they aren't exactly a regular military with regular military targets, either.

so what's the problem?

As I have said a number of times my plan is to quietly and confidentially advise all muslim nations that we expect them to eliminate the radical Islamic jihadists that live among them...and to stop any assistance to them...of any kind. If they cooperate they will be helped by us. If they don't, they face annihilation by nuke bombs. I would hope that our first demonstration of our threat would get their attention. If not, press on until it does.

so what's the problem?

As I have said a number of times my plan is to quietly and confidentially advise all muslim nations that we expect them to eliminate the radical Islamic jihadists that live among them...and to stop any assistance to them...of any kind. If they cooperate they will be helped by us. If they don't, they face annihilation by nuke bombs. I would hope that our first demonstration of our threat would get their attention. If not, press on until it does.

The Bush doctrine....you're either with us or against us.
He didnt take it far enough though.

your opinion. they aren't exactly a regular military with regular military targets, either.

They crossed open desert many times.

Johnny Jihad tweets: "Do I really have to take my ski mask off for a job interview?"
"So Johnny, what kind of experience do you have?"

"I can cut a man's head off with a dull knife. I can cut a woman's clitoris or nose off with broken glass. .... Let's see...oh yeah, I can show a teenager how to blow himself up in a crowd."

so what's the problem?

so you live in fantasy land.

STATE DEPT. SPOX ON ISIS: “WE CANNOT WIN THIS WAR BY KILLING THEM”

State Department Spokesperson Marie Harf told Chris Matthews tonight that we cannot win this war with ISIS by killing them. She said we have to get to the root cause of why people are attracted to Jihad — you know like poverty, jobs, etc…

“We’re killing a lot of them and we’re going to keep killing more of them. So are the Egyptians, so are the Jordanians. They’re in this fight with us. But we cannot win this war by killing them. We cannot kill our way out of this war. We need in the medium to longer term to go after the root causes that leads people to join these groups,
do you have an opinion on that quote?
i can't find fault with it. you can't bomb an idea to death.
An idea? Which one?

Forum List

Back