U.S. plans to turn back all asylum seekers at Mexican border, cites coronavirus: reports

Great news!!!

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

Mexico
: 82 cases, zero deaths, 0.6 infections per 1M population.

US: 6441 cases, 109 deaths, 19.5 infections per 1M population.

I uh don't think we need worry about border crossing to the north. They should be very concerned with border crossing going south.
One infected person from mexico or central America wandering around our streets is too many

And you'd have a hard time finding one in either. Wanna see the figures for the rest of CA?

I just knew you'd have as brainless a basis as you did for "stupidity".

The figures don't lie Hunior.
Really

the most backward region in the Americas and you trust their testing procedures or honesty of reporting?

you might but I dont

YOU can't tell the difference between honesty and "stupidity" so who gives a flying fuck what you think.

great news!

They say all dark clouds have a silver lining and this is one example

U.S. plans to turn back all asylum seekers at Mexican border, cites coronavirus: reports

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States plans to turn back all asylum seekers and most other foreigners attempting to enter the United States from Mexico illegally, arguing the step is necessary to combat the fast-spreading coronavirus, according to U.S. media reports on Tuesday.

The new rule, which is expected to be announced in the next 48 hours, would allow border patrol agents to immediately return to Mexico anyone who tries to cross the southwestern border between legal ports of entry without detainment or due process, the New York Times reported.
Your medical system is going to get a wave it cannot handle, don't ejaculate prematurely.

great news!

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States plans to turn back all asylum seekers and most other foreigners attempting to enter the United States from Mexico illegally, arguing the step is necessary to combat the fast-spreading coronavirus, according to U.S. media reports on Tuesday.

The new rule, which is expected to be announced in the next 48 hours, would allow border patrol agents to immediately return to Mexico anyone who tries to cross the southwestern border between legal ports of entry without detainment or due process, the New York Times reported.

Oh don't stop there. Essplain to the class how this qualifies as "great news"? Feel free to use the stats posted above.

You mean great news for Mexico?
I dont accept your stats

nor do I accept your desire for open borders

I don't give a flying FUCK what you "accept" Twinkletoes. Those ARE the states, deal with 'em.

Or sit back and call them "stupid", that's your game isn't it. Fuckin' jackwagon.

great news!

Your medical system is going to get a wave it cannot handle, don't ejaculate prematurely.
Ok you think the medical system in America is going to be overwhelmed yet you want to bring in foreigners so that our problem is even worse?

that is very strange thinking

Last edited:
Going to have to. They still havent done much there, which means it's going to blow up, if it hasn't already.

these people moving north can carry this in as easily as someone on a plane.

Mexico is going to have real problems real soon.....

I agree. If they want to save their citizens they should close all of their borders.

Going to have to. They still havent done much there, which means it's going to blow up, if it hasn't already.

I agree. If they want to save their citizens they should close all of their borders.

It's very likely only a matter of time before they start seeing community transmission and this spreads there.

Their calculations indicate that this will happen within the next couple of weeks.

A widespread outbreak of coronavirus in Mexico is 'inevitable,' health officials say

I think we will have to deploy Regular Army combat units to the border

International observers and opposition leaders are warning that Mexico's government is failing to take the coronavirus crisis seriously, risking a major eruption just as the rest of the world takes drastic steps to recover.

The country's hands-off approach has already sparked tensions with El Salvador, whose president blocked a flight Monday from Mexico City to San Salvador, citing subpar sanitary safeguards in Mexico.

Mexico under international criticism for coronavirus response

Mexico's health system, already strained and underfunded, may not be equipped to cope with the pandemic.

The government of Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has faced harsh criticism for its seemingly lacklustre response and for downplaying the threat of the illness that has infected more than 179,000 people and killed more than 7,000 worldwide.

At least 82 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Mexico, with no deaths, the country's health ministry said on Monday. But experts say the real numbers could be much higher as testing has been limited. Health experts also warn that the country is sorely underprepared to cope with widespread transmission of the disease amid an already severely underfunded and overstretched health system.

Mexico's government under pressure over coronavirus response

Great news!!!

Mexico
: 82 cases, zero deaths, 0.6 infections per 1M population. 29 of those cases detected in the last 24h.

US: 6469 cases, 109 deaths, 20 infections per 1M population. 1806 new cases recorded in last 24h.

I uh don't think we need worry about border crossing to the north. They should be very concerned with border crossing going south.

So with a shortage of hospital beds and respirators, who gets priority in being treated a US citizen or an illegal immigrant?

Great news!!!

Mexico
: 82 cases, zero deaths, 0.6 infections per 1M population. 29 of those cases detected in the last 24h.

US: 6469 cases, 109 deaths, 20 infections per 1M population. 1806 new cases recorded in last 24h.

So with a shortage of hospital beds and respirators, who gets priority in being treated a US citizen or an illegal immigrant?

Under Trump a US citizen. Under Joe Biden an illegal.

Great news!!!

Mexico

Oh that's easy. WHOEVER IS THE MOST INFECTED.

Cheeses, Figure it out people. :banghead:

Great news!!!

Mexico

Are you sure, because that's not what Italy has been forced to do...

Great news!!!

Mexico

Are you sure, because that's not what Italy has been forced to do...

Don't know what that's supposed to mean but figure it out --- imagine a "scale" of contagion, say 1 to 10. You've got one patient whose contagion is a 3 and another who's at an 8. Are you seriously gonna stop everything and go "let me see your papers'? Have any idea how a virus transmits?

I think you've just illustrated why health care has no business being a for-profit industry. It's not about "me me me how am I gonna get paid". That's, no pun intended, sick.

Mexico's health system, already strained and underfunded, may not be equipped to cope with the pandemic.

The government of Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador has faced harsh criticism for its seemingly lacklustre response and for downplaying the threat of the illness that has infected more than 179,000 people and killed more than 7,000 worldwide.

At least 82 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in Mexico, with no deaths, the country's health ministry said on Monday. But experts say the real numbers could be much higher as testing has been limited. Health experts also warn that the country is sorely underprepared to cope with widespread transmission of the disease amid an already severely underfunded and overstretched health system.

The numbers are higher.

They're higher here and literally everywhere as well.

It's just math. The information is out there and has been for a while now.

'Don't believe the numbers you see': Johns Hopkins professor says up to 500,000 Americans have coronavirus

As Fauci said the other day, and I'm paraphrasing "you're always behind where you think you are". We are and likely so is Mexico.

The numbers are higher.

'Don't believe the numbers you see': Johns Hopkins professor says up to 500,000 Americans have coronavirus

As Fauci said the other day, and I'm paraphrasing "you're always behind where you think you are". We are and likely so is Mexico.

Agreed. I was just responding to Pogo's ridiculous claim that Mexico is far behind the US in COVID-19 cases and is controlling the virus.

The numbers are higher.

Agreed. I was just responding to Pogo's ridiculous claim that Mexico is far behind the US in COVID-19 cases and is controlling the virus.

Oh, I know. I wasn't calling you out, just commenting. I know it's hard to tell on the board sometimes, but I wasn't being confrontational at all, more adding on to what you were saying.

I think some of this is important for people to understand and realize.

We don't know where we really are at but can extrapolate and model, watch rates of infections for change in that, etc.

The numbers are higher.

Once AGAIN retard, I made no such conclusion --- you just pulled it out of your ass.
What I did was post the figures. And there's nothing you can do about that. I mean, you can lie about it but that's still dishonest.

Might be a worthy idea to distinguish between what I actually post and what you pull out of your ass. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Great news!!!

Mexico

The above was four whole days ago --- but what do those numbers look like NOW, eh?

Mexico:
203 cases. 2 deaths. One active case in serious/critical condition. Rate of infection 2 per 1M population. 197 still-active cases.

US:
24,137 cases, 288 deaths, 64 active cases in serious/critical condition, Rate of Infection 73 per 1M population. 23,678 still-active cases.

FOUR DAYS.

"OMG we need a wall"
--- Said Mexico.

Forum List

Back