U.S. colleges scramble after new Trump order on foreign students

Rif

There are millions of foreign students. So let me stick it to your thick skull and the rest of you.

1. Billions of $ are already lost from Trump stupidity even before the Covid-19.
2. Billions $!more will be lost by deporting these foreign students.
3. These students pay premiums on rents of apartments or condos.
4. They spent $ billions on clothings, shoes, iPhones, WiFi, furnitures, entertainments and foods.

All of those will be a lost of American incomes.

Oh really......well if that's the case, why don't we let the entire Fn world into the United States? If a few million foreigners can do that, imagine what 7.3 billion people could do with our economy!

Then you wonder why we absolutely need to keep people with your mentality out of power.

Talk a massive and unstable strawman.

How so? The straw man is on your side, not ours.

This is such a reoccurring leftist argument it's almost laughable.

When we talk about how many people are on welfare, the left tells us they are benefitting our economy, as if they would otherwise not eat or buy things without it. When we object to increased national minimum wage, the left tells us how many people will get off of welfare. When we talk about the illegal immigrants, the left tells us how they participate in our economy instead of what it actually costs us taxpayers to have them here. Now we are talking about sending foreigners back home because there is no need for them to be here since they are not physically attending schools--which is why they are granted Visa's in the fist place, and again, how much we will suffer economically without them.

It's really a joke already to us on the right, because every single leftist position, you find some way to lie how it's to our economical benefit.
No, it is your strawman. What does that have to do with foreign students coming here and paying us for an education?

Strawman.

They can't pay us from their country?

Until we can get a hold of this virus problem, I'm not crazy about anybody coming into this country for any reason yet alone students we don't need so they can buy pop-tarts and rent rooms here. We'll do just fine without them, and they will have to figure out another way to get their education if they don't want to go online in their country, or wait until we have some sort of control of this virus.

How in the world you can post something this dumb Ray?

1. We here in US cannot get our act together. We are out of control handling this virus because of very poor leadership by incompetent Trump. Most foreign countries are getting better ( except Brazil ) handling this Covid-19 world wide. But US is going the wrong directions because of Trump. European countries are opening their borders except to Americans going to Europe because of Trump. That’s how bad is our country.

2. What do you mean letting more students coming in? We are talking about foreign students that Trump wants to deport? Not the students coming in. Before Covid-19 universities are loosing $ billions in last 2 years because of Trump.
Look at the date of this link November 2019 months before CV-19 hits US.

Let them lose billions. Who cares? Your article is BS because we have American kids dying to get into some of these colleges. When they start closing because they can't get foreigners in here, then let's talk. Oh, and just who did this evaluation? NAFSA: Association of International Educators, an international association of professional educators. Gee, no bias there I would suspect. And who is reporting this discovery? That's right, the Communist News Network. Such a believable group of people.

Right this seconds millions and millions of Americans that are struggling to pay the rents and millions of jobs loses and businesses that closes because of Trump ineptness.

According to our previous debate you manage some rental properties. If you have these tenants that can’t pay rents at the same time you have these foreign students that are paying rents. And you are going to deport these students just because a stupid and liar president told you?

Landlords don't deport people.

True but you support an idiotic policy where Americans makes money.

There are millions of foreign students. So let me stick it to your thick skull and the rest of you.

1. Billions of $ are already lost from Trump stupidity even before the Covid-19.
2. Billions $!more will be lost by deporting these foreign students.
3. These students pay premiums on rents of apartments or condos.
4. They spent $ billions on clothings, shoes, iPhones, WiFi, furnitures, entertainments and foods.

All of those will be a lost of American incomes.

Oh really......well if that's the case, why don't we let the entire Fn world into the United States? If a few million foreigners can do that, imagine what 7.3 billion people could do with our economy!

Then you wonder why we absolutely need to keep people with your mentality out of power.

Talk a massive and unstable strawman.

How so? The straw man is on your side, not ours.

This is such a reoccurring leftist argument it's almost laughable.

When we talk about how many people are on welfare, the left tells us they are benefitting our economy, as if they would otherwise not eat or buy things without it. When we object to increased national minimum wage, the left tells us how many people will get off of welfare. When we talk about the illegal immigrants, the left tells us how they participate in our economy instead of what it actually costs us taxpayers to have them here. Now we are talking about sending foreigners back home because there is no need for them to be here since they are not physically attending schools--which is why they are granted Visa's in the fist place, and again, how much we will suffer economically without them.

It's really a joke already to us on the right, because every single leftist position, you find some way to lie how it's to our economical benefit.
No, it is your strawman. What does that have to do with foreign students coming here and paying us for an education?

Strawman.

They can't pay us from their country?

Until we can get a hold of this virus problem, I'm not crazy about anybody coming into this country for any reason yet alone students we don't need so they can buy pop-tarts and rent rooms here. We'll do just fine without them, and they will have to figure out another way to get their education if they don't want to go online in their country, or wait until we have some sort of control of this virus.

How in the world you can post something this dumb Ray?

1. We here in US cannot get our act together. We are out of control handling this virus because of very poor leadership by incompetent Trump. Most foreign countries are getting better ( except Brazil ) handling this Covid-19 world wide. But US is going the wrong directions because of Trump. European countries are opening their borders except to Americans going to Europe because of Trump. That’s how bad is our country.

2. What do you mean letting more students coming in? We are talking about foreign students that Trump wants to deport? Not the students coming in. Before Covid-19 universities are loosing $ billions in last 2 years because of Trump.
Look at the date of this link November 2019 months before CV-19 hits US.

Let them lose billions. Who cares? Your article is BS because we have American kids dying to get into some of these colleges. When they start closing because they can't get foreigners in here, then let's talk. Oh, and just who did this evaluation? NAFSA: Association of International Educators, an international association of professional educators. Gee, no bias there I would suspect. And who is reporting this discovery? That's right, the Communist News Network. Such a believable group of people.

From you. Let them lose billions? Are you really this stupid and ignorant?

1. We are talking about Americans businesses that relied heavily on foreign students. You and Trump destroyed this country big time and I pray to god that people like you and Trump will suffer the consequences after November 3 election. You are a loser.

2. From you...... We have American kids dying kids to get into these colleges. Since when a universities or colleges are overcrowded that they refused American kids? That is if they qualify. Millions of American kids are taking worthless courses. You are a loser.

3. NAFSA just because it’s against Trump it’s a communist. Anything against Trump is fake news. That’s pure BULLSHIT. Trump played golf the other day at the same time your lousy traitor Dude blamed Obama for playing more golf. CNN broadcast the news of his lies and stupidity. Then this TRAITOR president attacked CNN as fake news. That is so silly and dumb. You are a loser.

Gee, couldn't you use the word "loser" a few more times? Like I've always said, you people on the left have the mentality of children. Plus your comprehension skills are lacking. I didn't say the NAFSA was Communist, I called the reporting station Communist. I know what CNN says. Laura Ingraham uses their clips on her show every single night, and usually over a half-dozen per episode.

Do you understand how colleges became so expensive? It's an economic theory called supply and demand. Back in the 70's when I was in high school, perhaps out of a class of 30, maybe 5 to 8 students went to college, and even though expensive, still affordable, plus in most cases, the person wouldn't have to make loan re-payments into his or her mid 30's or later.

My nephew is in his early 30's. He got a Masters. He had a job waiting for him at graduation, in fact, worked it part time while attending school. Both his parents took out loans for that education on top of the loans he took. He got married, divorced, and moved back in with his mother for the sole purpose of paying those loans off to continue his life.

The point is that colleges can charge what they do because they have a long list, and the elite colleges? A mile long. Bottom line is that no college is going to suffer over this. Plus the fact our President didn't force colleges to go virtual, they did so themselves. In fact, our President is trying to encourage them TO open.

A bit dated, but it's from the far left NYT, and because it's six years old, they won't ask for any money or membership.

Blah blah blah. Oh Please. It doesn’t matter this and that BS. The topic is Trump policy deporting these foreign students. Period. That is NOT acceptable.

Dude just an example one small alteration shop here in San Diego own by an old White woman surviving because of these students. American sizes clothings are too big for Asians. Legs, sleeve, or body are too long.

Well, it seems entire online classes for immigrants would have got them kicked out anyways because there was a limit on them. Obviously, if all were online, they woukd exceed the limit.
Im trying to find the EO and I cant. Do you have a link?

Oops, sorry about that, I thought I put the link in there: https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...ble-after-new-trump-order-on-foreign-students

Yes, there is a limit and the rules are clear on that, but exceptions, like many being made in other areas, can be made for the epidemic. What harm does that do?

These foreign students have a large contingent of spies embedded in them. No in-class instruction? No need to be here.

Do you have a link or anything to support your opinion?

Higher Ed is a product, and we have a lot of international students who want it.

A product they can consume via the internet from their home countries. You have no case here.
But they won't use it. They'll simply pay full tuition to European schools. Trump fucks us yet once again.
Good for them! What is the advantage of having foreign students not in the classroom?

Besides, European schools will not let them in!

They inject $ billions and billions to the US economy that you and the rest of Trump followers don’t understand. Do you understand what US economy means?

What is your conclusion?
That liberals indoctrinate everywhere but the places you mention have stronger cultural values and are not so easily led astray

nevertheless even there a fair number are affected if they attend higher education

No, they do not indoctrinate everywhere. You have several teachers and former teachers on this message board who have repeatedly tried to overcome the talking points that education bashers repeat ad nauseum. Please tell me how I can indoctrinate someone teaching algebra, or language arts, consumer science, or PE? In history, it would be easy, but our textbooks were based on the editions approved by Texas and we know how liberal that state is!

You repeat the same lies over and over again so much I think you have a strong liberal streak yourself. Why is it so hard for you to learn the truth?

I don't know about schools today because it's been a very long time since I've been in one. However when I was in school, we had a very tenured English teacher that seldom taught any English. His main focus was on social and political issues. Even way back then, he could be considered a leftist by todays standards. We had a math teacher that used to grade us by playing games, not associated with anything math. He was repeatedly accused of sitting young girls in the front row and looking up their skirts while taking tests or studying. His retaliation was to allow students to place their desks anywhere and in any direction they desired. HIs classroom looked like a bomb went off in it.

I'm sure (or in hope) things are different today. But when people talk about events that do happen in public school, I can only reflect to my experiences as a child. I'm sure it happens, but it's here and there, and not most places.....again, I hope.

The big difference is and was, here and there ...... in last 3.5 years lots and lots of Americans suddenly become stupid just because of incompetent, ignorant and inept president.

Well.......a court in Boston stopped Trump from kicking these people out that shouldn't be here in the first place. So it seems they had to rescind it for right now.

The truth is Trump backdown with this dumb policy. He probably realizes it’s a stupid idea to begin with. Harvard, MIT, California sued Trump administration last week.

CNN)The Trump administration has rescinded its policy that would bar international students who only take online courses from staying in the US, a federal judge announced Tuesday in Boston.

The decision comes a little over a week after Immigration and Customs Enforcement announced that students at schools offering only online courses due to the coronavirus pandemicwould need to either leave the US or transfer schools.

many schools depend on revenue from foreign students, who often pay full tuition
I am highly skeptical of that. There's a tit-for-tat "foreign exchange program" where students pay tuition and/or receive government funding for school abroad from their home countries. I was an exchange student in Sweden at one time, but now I can no longer travel to Europe or Canada anymore these days because of the European Union's political and military hostility to conservatives.

I really hate to read these kinds of nonsense BULLSHIT. True they get funding from their countries but those funding are spent here in US economy.

Americans travel to Europe or Canada regularly with little or no restrictions. Except in last 3 weeks because of how Trump leadership failure to handle this CV-19 pandemic.

From you...... You can no longer travel to Europe or Canada because EU political and military hostility to conservatives. REALLY? I mean REALLY? How in the world they knew you are a conservative by traveling abroad? Do you have a tattoo in your forehead that say CONSERVATIVE? Even with a tattoo are they going to ban or shoot you?

The big difference is and was, here and there ...... in last 3.5 years lots and lots of Americans suddenly become stupid just because of incompetent, ignorant and inept president.
Its the trump haters who are stupid

Hate to say it’s the other way around.
You and the rest of gullibles wants to deport foreign students just because Trump said so.

Who in the world or right mind support that kind of IDIOTIC policy that hurts Americans? The traitors and anti Americans. Who? Trump followers. A week later Trump changed his mind. No we are not deporting these students.

Trump haters? What is there to love with Trump? when he is inciting violence against his own people the democrats, only represent certain groups, never ending lies, threats, blaming finger pointing.

Even his niece Mary Trump tells us Trump is mentally unfit, corrupt, liar, narcissist and should resign.

Higher Ed is a product, and we have a lot of international students who want it.

A product they can consume via the internet from their home countries. You have no case here.
But they won't use it. They'll simply pay full tuition to European schools. Trump fucks us yet once again.
Good for them! What is the advantage of having foreign students not in the classroom?

Besides, European schools will not let them in!

They inject $ billions and billions to the US economy that you and the rest of Trump followers don’t understand. Do you understand what US economy means?

Billions you say, okay how many billions?

Its the trump haters who are stupid

Hate to say it’s the other way around.
You and the rest of gullibles wants to deport foreign students just because Trump said so.

Who in the world or right mind support that kind of IDIOTIC policy that hurts Americans? The traitors and anti Americans. Who? Trump followers. A week later Trump changed his mind. No we are not deporting these students.

Trump haters? What is there to love with Trump? when he is inciting violence against his own people the democrats, only represent certain groups, never ending lies, threats, blaming finger pointing.

Even his niece Mary Trump tells us Trump is mentally unfit, corrupt, liar, narcissist and should resign.

She's probably a hard leftist. Three years to come out with this book of likely lies, and she brings it out four months before the election. Gee, nothing to suspect there. She better pray her Uncle wins again, otherwise she'll be in court much sooner than she thought.

Trump didn't change his mind, the court stopped him. Trump is just too busy to be fighting this to the Supreme Court. His legal advisors probably told him it's not worth it, because by the time a final decision would come, the colleges will open and then all that red tape for nothing.

We are talking about deporting foreign students.
So please tell us Tipsy. What benefits do Americans get by deporting these foreign students?
I only want to see chinese students from mainland china deported

students from Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan should be allowed to stay

So please tell us Tipsy. What benefits do Americans get by deporting these foreign students?

You realize the vast, vast majority of Chinese students are not "spies," right?

Through the vast numbers of chinese students in our universities the ccp exerts influence over the American education system

Maybe, but how many are acceptable in your opinion?

Maybe, but how many are acceptable in your opinion?
Unfortunately the few who are spies either through loyalty or from
pressure by the ccp do great damage to America

there is no logical reason to educate the children of our enemy

Plus they make a ton of money off China, which influences their curriculum. It's bad enough our politics is indoctrinating these kids. Now China?

Forum List

Back