U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

The explanation was that the door that was opened was opened because a wave of people were about to smash through it anyway. That was not the case for the windows and doors that were broken.
Oh, bullshit! I've seen video of Capital Police officers simply opening a door and telling people it's fine if they want to come in! There was no smashing of anything. So why was that happening?

I didn't downplay any of that, you desperate weirdo. And their spectacular failure does not excuse their intent. And the obvious fact that literally everyone in the world not in the American right seems to understand: Trump's Big Lie -- which he continues to perpetuate -- was the cause.
What were the causes of radical Leftists wanting to blow up the Capitol? An obvious fact to everyone in the world playing the American Left for the tools they are is that it was the rhetoric of Bernie Sanders that caused the deranged shooter to fire upon the field of Congressional Reps who were Republican. You people are all about rhetoric from the leaders that cause deranged people to carry out violence. Deal with it.

Oh, bullshit! I've seen video of Capital Police officers simply opening a door and telling people it's fine if they want to come in! There was no smashing of anything.
We have video of them smashing through doors and windows. Good god man, you have to AT LEAST agree on the baseline of facts, here. Or maybe you are emulating Trump.

We have video of them smashing through doors and windows. Good god man, you have to AT LEAST agree on the baseline of facts, here. Or maybe you are emulating Trump.
And we also have video of Police opening doors and inviting protesters in. My question...which you can't seem to answer...is why was that happening and on who's orders?

Here, poster DB, give this one a looksee.
I thought it was informative.

Let us know what you think after viewing it.

It is highly informative...
Thank you...
It confirms what I suspected. That the police there at the capitol building were completely out of their element and completely unprepared and had no clue as to what they were doing.
Also, the lack of effective communication (in any and all directions) was pathetic.
Leadership behaved appallingly...all of them.

Whether Trump knew what was going on while he was tweeting remains to be seen... proving it is going to be difficult because it seems that no one was listening to anyone anywhere. The call for backup and regrouping point went unanswered several times. (And why hadn't that been established already?)

Lots and lots of mistakes on the part of the police. And if they had hogtied up the few instigators before... wouldn't have happened.

As it was you had 150 police call in "injured" the very next day.

What is embarrassing is you people playing up a bunch of toothless hicks from bumfuck as a serious threat to peaceful transfer of power while you scoff and downplay Leftist terrorists blowing up the entire Capitol and a deranged Bernie Sanders supporter not happy with the election and shooting up Republican Congressional Reps. How peaceful is that?
Leftists blew up the entire Capitol? When?

And who's downplaying the Hodgkinson shooting?

And we also have video of Police opening doors and inviting protesters in. My question...which you can't seem to answer...is why was that happening and on who's orders?
A fair question. And my question to you: do you or do you not admit that we have video of people breaking doors and windows?

My question...which you can't seem to answer...
And you can? Let's hear it.

That the police there at the capitol building were completely out of their element and completely unprepared and had no clue as to what they were doing.
Looked a bit different than Lafayette Square, no doubt. The entire world noticed that right away.

The majority of them seem to have been arrested for trespass. Since when is THAT a crime where one is denied bail? Yet the majority of those arrested are still in jail awaiting trial. Can you explain that to me? Are these people flight risks? Are they a danger to society if they're out on bail? The majority of them don't have criminal records yet they're denied bail for trespass? That's absurd!

As for how many were simply let into the building by Capital Police? I have no idea! I have watched video of that happening so I know that it did in fact happen. So how does this work exactly...you invite some people into the building but then charge other people with trespass when they come in?
They were trespassing on federal property, they were inside of the U.S. Capital building. That's different than protesting in public on city streets.

With all due respect, Fort...there is a progression of force that should be used in dealing with a protest that's gotten out of hand. You don't start shooting unarmed people UNTIL you've employed tear gas...or batons. To jump all the way to shooting someone is an issue.
False, cops resort to any force necessary to protect the safety of others. When that violent mob began penetrating their barricade to get to lawmakers on the other side, any force to stop them is acceptable. That's why the cop was cleared of any wrongdoing following a 4 month investigation that spanned under both Trump & Biden.

Not if it's a congressional investigation by the people that Nancy Pelosi wants asking the questions! It will NEVER be asked!
Then you must be angry at Republicans for rejecting Pelosi's first call for a bipartisan commission, right?

Oh, bullshit! I've seen video of Capital Police officers simply opening a door and telling people it's fine if they want to come in! There was no smashing of anything. So why was that happening?
Again... already asked and answered.

It appears it was on no one's orders.

I'm just having a hard time believing that an angry group of protesters got where they did. DC has protestS every single day....

EVERY SINGLE DAY...

What made that day unique?
Vice President Pence was certifying the elections results with Joe Biden as the elected winner and the Trump bots did their best to prevent that from happening by interferring with the proceedings.

That's what made that day unique and I had seen postings about it for weeks before the day actually arrived.

Looked a bit different than Lafayette Square, no doubt. The entire world noticed that right away.
There are people protesting every single day...a large rally involving a sitting lame duck president is sure to draw the largest crowds...

Between the police having the worst use of the worst riot shields and in totally inadequate numbers...to the Pentagon not mobilizing the guard. For fear of "bad press" it was a prime example of how not to control a crowd.

The officer inside the capitol building simply pushing the guy who was demanding that Mike Pence be arrested....he needs to be fired. All he accomplished was angering one of the thugs more with his little shoves.

Bringing them to his superiors? Old guys out of shape but covered in gold rope and epilets? That's going to do something? Get real.

And then bringing out guns? Way too extreme for the nothing that had been done right up to that point.

Glass punched out with bare knuckles?

Stupidity upon stupidity.

Forum List

Back