U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

Police deliberately make situation as dangerous as possible, for no good reason.

That's not true.

Spare us all your broad brushing of police.

The broad brush is deserved because when one cop does something bad or wrong, the other cops don't condemn it.
That makes them all complicit after the fact. It prevents fixing things so will cause the next murder.

Oh my, you are mentally ill, my friend.

Or just blissfully ignorant of how police are trained.

Don't you love some white guy screaming racist, racist, racist in your face because you're white and then thinking how great that makes him and all the free shit he should get for it?

Rigby5 should apologize for being in the party of slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow, lynching and segregation instead of crowing about it
old rigby believes you and I should die because floyd died. he just said so. wow!!!!

No, what I said is that you and I should have to pay for broken windows because we did not change the illegal way we know the police are being trained and protected.

Again you're lying and portraying a tiny fraction of police as the standard. You're the white guy who cried racist and saying how wonderful you are and you want free shit for it

Wrong.
Although police do rarely pull the trigger to murder people illegally, they illegally point guns at people all the time, and do not condemn illegal murders by other police.
Which makes them accomplices.
The murder of Ashli is proof.
Police illegally shoot unarmed people who are no threat, and the rest of the police say nothing.
Which ensures it will be repeated.
If police were responsible, they would all admit the shooting of Ashli not only was illegal for killing her, but endangering everyone else, including the 2 cops standing next to her.
Apparently, being a conservative nowadays means a complete and total rejection of objectivity and common sense.

Yeah, show me a conservative on a jury and a conservative defendant who's accused of committing a crime (like Ashli nutcase Babbitt or Kyle Rittenhouse) and despite overwhelming evidence that points all the other jurors to vote guilty, I have no problem believing that the conservative juror will not only vote not guilty, he'll also throw them a parade.
And canonize them.

From the party who worships Biden. That's classic. Democrats - accuse others of what you do.

You can't even specifically condemn violence committed by actual leftists, you only make a general bull shit statement you don't support any violence. You're completely brainwashed by the Democrat party

Grammar is important.

"Would be"

Meaning it hasn't been filed yet. It implies that action will be forthcoming, on a set timetable that does not adhere to yours.

Most people when they say they are filing a lawsuit, do so within days of announcing their intentions.

It's been over a week, and they only thing they did was get peoples hopes up.

It's entirely possible that their attorney has told them that their case has absolutely ZERO chance of succeeding, and that they family might actually get stuck paying the Capitol Police's legal fees, and they are rethinking the wisdom of this notion.
Should get one of these awesome Las Vegas ambulance chasers.

Police deliberately make situation as dangerous as possible, for no good reason.

That's not true.

The broad brush is deserved because when one cop does something bad or wrong, the other cops don't condemn it.
That makes them all complicit after the fact. It prevents fixing things so will cause the next murder.

Don't you love some white guy screaming racist, racist, racist in your face because you're white and then thinking how great that makes him and all the free shit he should get for it?

Rigby5 should apologize for being in the party of slavery, the KKK, Jim Crow, lynching and segregation instead of crowing about it
old rigby believes you and I should die because floyd died. he just said so. wow!!!!

No, what I said is that you and I should have to pay for broken windows because we did not change the illegal way we know the police are being trained and protected.

Again you're lying and portraying a tiny fraction of police as the standard. You're the white guy who cried racist and saying how wonderful you are and you want free shit for it

Wrong.
Although police do rarely pull the trigger to murder people illegally, they illegally point guns at people all the time, and do not condemn illegal murders by other police.
Police illegally shoot unarmed people who are no threat, and the rest of the police say nothing.
If police were responsible, they would all admit the shooting of Ashli not only was illegal for killing her, but endangering everyone else, including the 2 cops standing next to her.
Apparently, being a conservative nowadays means a complete and total rejection of objectivity and common sense.

Yeah, show me a conservative on a jury and a conservative defendant who's accused of committing a crime (like Ashli nutcase Babbitt or Kyle Rittenhouse) and despite overwhelming evidence that points all the other jurors to vote guilty, I have no problem believing that the conservative juror will not only vote not guilty, he'll also throw them a parade.
And canonize them.

From the party who worships Biden. That's classic. Democrats - accuse others of what you do.

You can't even specifically condemn violence committed by actual leftists, you only make a general bull shit statement you don't support any violence. You're completely brainwashed by the Democrat party
You're a tool, and not a particularly effective one, kind of like a dull knife.

I am not a Democrat. I've never registered with any political party. Consequently, I don't worship Biden. I've voted for Democrats AND Republicans in the past.

Having said that, I saw Trump as lazy, incompetent, corrupt, and nothing short of a compulsive unapologetic liar who didn't care about anything other than the aggrandizement of his fragile ego which seemed to crave constant affirmation.

On the other hand, I saw Biden as a man with decades of experience in gov't who, unlike Trump, understood public policy, and how to work within the system to accomplish things instead of tearing things down around him like Trump did.

For a person like me who's not motivated by all things partisan first, it was a no brainer who to support. However, I have to admit that I am concerned about Biden's massive spending priorities because I think it could very well be too much spending in too short a period of time. But it's not like Trump was much better since his signature legislative accomplishment was a massive tax cut for himself and his wealthy friends which McConnell described at first as revenue neutral only to later claim that it would increase revenues, and of course neither claim was true since deficit spending increased as a result of Trump's increased spending combined with lower tax revenues.

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

"worships Biden"? No, hun. We are not a cult of personality like your orange cult worshipping your orange god.

It is never wrong to destroy property if the cause is to right an injustice.

What? No. Never.
he admits he drives around in a beater, most likely looking for things to steal. most likely why he's had so many run ins. hahahahahahahahahhaaha can't write it any better than that.
So you too discriminate against people with beater cars.......................
if it's a duck

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

"worships Biden"? No, hun. We are not a cult of personality like your orange cult worshipping your orange god.

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

You can say that again. It's not just important to note that Obama and Biden have never done anything remotely like what Trump did on Jan 6, 2021, I don't think either man would ever consider doing something so incredibly divisive and destructive, because, unlike Trump, Obama and Biden love our country, and they wouldn't knowingly do anything to tear it down.

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

I am not a Democrat. I've never registered with any political party. Consequently, I don't worship Biden. I've voted for Democrats AND Republicans in the past.

Having said that, I saw Trump as lazy, incompetent, corrupt, and nothing short of a compulsive unapologetic liar who didn't care about anything other than the aggrandizement of his fragile ego which seemed to crave constant affirmation.

On the other hand, I saw Biden as a man with decades of experience in gov't who, unlike Trump, understood public policy, and how to work within the system to accomplish things instead of tearing things down around him like Trump did.

For a person like me who's not motivated by all things partisan first, it was a no brainer who to support. However, I have to admit that I am concerned about Biden's massive spending priorities because I think it could very well be too much spending in too short a period of time. But it's not like Trump was much better since his signature legislative accomplishment was a massive tax cut for himself and his wealthy friends which McConnell described at first as revenue neutral only to later claim that it would increase revenues, and of course neither claim was true since deficit spending increased as a result of Trump's increased spending combined with lower tax revenues.

Yeah, Kaz. He's not a Democrat; he's a Democrat fluffer.

Oh come on. Would you condemn the Boston Tea Party because it was rioting and looting, or would you say it was justified due to the unfair taxation without representation?

No. Because that was a victimless form of protest. No British harmed or killed.

Although it's relevant to note that some of the Founding Fathers DID condemn it at the time, feeling that destruction of other people's property was inappropriate to their cause. Notably, Benjamin Franklin insisted that the British East India Company should be reimbursed for the loss of their cargo.
Correct.

"
LONDON, Feb. 2, 1774

Gentlemen: I received the Honour of your Letter dated Decr. 21, containing a distinct Account of the Proceedings at Boston relative to the Tea imported there, and of the Circumstances that occasioned its Destruction. I communicated the same to Lord Dartmouth, with some other Advices of the same import. It is yet unknown what Measures will be taken here on the Occasion; but the Clamour against the Proceedings is high and general. I am truly concern’d, as I believe all considerate Men are with you, that there should seem to any a Necessity for carrying Matters to such Extremity, as, in a Dispute about Publick Rights, to destroy private Property; This (notwithstanding the Blame justly due to those who obstructed the Return of the Tea) it is impossible to justify with People so prejudiced in favour of the Power of Parliament to tax America, as most are in this Country.

As the India Company however are not our Adversaries, and the offensive Measure of sending their Teas did not take its Rise with them, but was an Expedient of the Ministry to serve them and yet avoid a Repeal of the old Act, I cannot but wish & hope that before any compulsive Measures are thought of here, our General court will have shewn a Disposition to repair the Damage and make Compensation to the Company. This all our Friends here wish with me; and that if War is finally to be made upon us, which some threaten, an Act or violent injustice on our part, unrectified, may not give a colourable Pretence for it. A speedy Reparation will immediately set us right in the Opinion of all Europe. And tho’ the Mischief was the Act of Persons unknown, yet as probably they cannot be found or brought to answer for it, there seems to be some reasonable Claim on the Society at large in which it happened. Making voluntarily such Reparation can be no Dishonour to us or Prejudice to our Claim or Rights, since Parliament here has frequently considered in the same Light similar Cases; and only a few Years since, when a valuable Saw-mill, which had been destroyed by a Number of Persons supposed to be Sawyers, but unknown, a Grant was made out of the Publick Treasury of Two Thousand Pounds to the Owner as a Compensation—I hope in thus freely (and perhaps too forwardly) expressing my Sentiments & Wishes, I shall not give Offence to any. I am sure I mean well; being over with sincere Affection to my native Country, and great Respect to the Assembly and yourselves,

Gentlemen, Your most obedient and most humble Servant

B. FRANKLIN,

Honble Thomas Cushing, Sam’l Adams, John Hancock, William Phillips, Esquires."

More likely is that Franklin was doing double speak.
He likely supported and encouraged the Boston Tea Party, but was keeping open negotiation channels with the wealthy elite by sounding supportive of their losses.

Franklin was well aware of the value of economic warfare, and supported it whenever there was an advantage to it.
Cecilie1200

Is there any evidence to back this claim up?

You mean aside from the many times the Founding Fathers repeatedly expressed their belief that private property ownership was sacrosanct?

I mean, since Rigby seems willing to dismiss what they actually said in favor of, "Oh, but I'm sure they were just bullshitting for cynical political reasons, because I REALLY want to believe it", I'm not sure what proof would suffice.

If the founders thought property rights were sacrosanct, then they would just have shut up and payed their taxes.
The French and Indian war had cost a bundle, and they were morally obligated to pay it back.
But they correctly felt that representation for fairness in taxation was more important, so they went with armed rebellion instead. That is proof I am right and you are wrong. In fact, most of the founders went broke financing the armed rebellion. So clearly property rights were not at all sacrosanct. They must have held other values to be more important, as they willingly gave up their property to finance the rebellion.

But throwing 342 cases of tea into the harbor was not "armed rebellion" though...

They destroyed the good worth of goods owned by the East India Company worth, in today's money, $1.7 million. You wanted leftists shot for doing less damage than this.

The revolutionaries also torched and burned the British ship Gaspee in 1772, after it ran aground, as it chased suspected smugglers. In fact, there was violence, protests and resistance by the Colonists in the 10 years leading up to the Revolutionary War. And there were a LOT of conservative Americans who thought the violent revolutionaries were the problem.

More than 100,000 Americans left the USA and came to Ontario, or settled in the Maritimes. Thousands more moved to the Caribbean Islands. The British Empire Loyalist were the conservatives of their day.

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

I'm not a fluffer, but I was a flufernutter a few decades ago.

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

Nobody worships Biden and nobody worshipped Obama. There is no loyalty oath to the fearless leader required for Democrats.

We even had members of the Party criticize Biden's policies and he didn't threaten to primary them, nor did he fire them. Instead, he listened to the criticisms, and changed his policy. Imagine that!!! A politician who doesn't fly into a Twitter rage if someone disagrees with him.

What a concept!!!

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

After 40 years of no investment infrastructure, education or research, there's a lot to catch up on. And after 40 years of being awash in so much cash they can't spend it all, it's time for corporations and the wealthy to chip in. A

If you spend money and build a house, you have a valuable asset. The same with national infrastructure. Other nations invested in broadband 20 years ago. Same with roads, bridges, clean water, and education. The USA has done nothing but cut taxes for the past 40 years. Time for a change.

But I was very encouraged when Biden said his programs will not add to the deficit. He will tax, before he spends.

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

I'm not a fluffer, but I was a flufernutter a few decades ago.

. . . Naaahh, too easy. I'd feel cheap.

But I was very encouraged when Biden said his programs will not add to the deficit. He will tax, before he spends.

Why do you believe everything Biden or any government official says?

It is an established unspoken rule "Spend first, tax later"

They don't encourage free thinking, or free much-of-anything-else, in her country.

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

After 40 years of no investment infrastructure, education or research, there's a lot to catch up on. And after 40 years of being awash in so much cash they can't spend it all, it's time for corporations and the wealthy to chip in. A

If you spend money and build a house, you have a valuable asset. The same with national infrastructure. Other nations invested in broadband 20 years ago. Same with roads, bridges, clean water, and education. The USA has done nothing but cut taxes for the past 40 years. Time for a change.

I understand why Biden is doing it. It's because there's a short window of opportunity to get it passed before the midterm elections. That doesn't mean it's not too much spending in too short a period of time.

Let me put it another way. In previous years, conservatives raised the specter of inflation, but as a former economics major, I never bought into that idea because inflation means "too much money chasing too few goods," and I didn't think the spending was high enough to qualify.

Unfortunately, now is different because the price of steel has tripled and the price of lumber has pushed new home prices up by something like $36,000 per house, and that's before most of Biden's spending has been passed into law.

That's not true.

Wrong.

And canonize them.

Irony, thy name is bodecea.

And Synthaholic, and Lakhota...

Forum List

Back