U.S attorney general Barr likens stay-at-home orders to slavery

Even CNN calls this a lie.

Barr's comments
Biden expressed incredulity that Attorney General William Barr had said pandemic lockdowns are "equivalent to slavery."
Facts First: Barr did not say lockdowns are "equivalent" to slavery. Rather, he said, "Other than slavery, which was a different kind of restraint, this is the greatest intrusion on civil liberties in American history."

Liberals.....STOP FUCKING LYING.
Barr may not have called it slavery BUT I WILL

Even CNN calls this a lie.

Barr's comments
Biden expressed incredulity that Attorney General William Barr had said pandemic lockdowns are "equivalent to slavery."
Facts First: Barr did not say lockdowns are "equivalent" to slavery. Rather, he said, "Other than slavery, which was a different kind of restraint, this is the greatest intrusion on civil liberties in American history."

Liberals.....STOP FUCKING LYING.
Barr may not have called it slavery BUT I WILL

Slaves had to work. This was government making people not work.

Id call it more like prison than slavery. House arrest to be exact....a criminal punishment.

Barr's actual statement was, "greatest intrusion on civil liberties since slavery"
No it wasn't.

But just as important: at the same time, Barr likened career DOJ prosecutors to preschoolers.
No he didn't

Damn son, can you get anything right?
ok, here it is. I guess i failed to link it in.

ok, here it is. I guess i failed to link it in.

You have to be very careful with Politico. They are very partisan. They mischaracterize his statement in their lead in. What he actually said was

“You know, putting a national lockdown, stay-at-home orders, is like house arrest. It’s — you know, other than slavery, which was a different kind of restraint, this is the greatest intrusion on civil liberties in American history,”

And he did not compare his attorneys to preschoolers. What he said was that management techniques that work at a preschool do not work at the Department of Justice.

Neither do current day Blacks..... :ack-1: .

Preventing shoplifting is racist

I guess Oberlin College learned that one the hard way.

They're just pushing people's outrage button by using the word. This is no comparison to slavery. It's not kinda like slavery. It's not just below slavery.
But that isn't want he said, was it?

It's clear that his meaning was only slavery tops these mask mandates and shelter in place orders as civil rights abuses, in his opinion. So legally it means absolutely nothing. They just want to make people angry. Angry people say and do stupid things. People doing stupid things gets caught on camera and depicted on Faux News as Democrat supporters. And the Faux-Sphere grows bigger.
If his goal was to work people up, he certainly achieved that, 'cause you guys are going apoplectic. Of course it's legally signficant. You seem like a smart guy, you know exactly what he's saying, as far as restraints put on the public's civil rights, what been been through in the past six months is virtually unprecedented. THe closest precedent being slavery, which is at a whole different level.

Put this is way if he simply said "the restraints put on the public's civil rights in the past six months is unprecedented" You would have been saying 'What about slavery, you fat stupid racist fuck?'

It's not a legal opinion, merely his personal one. They aren't unprecedented. I probably call that a mild hyperbole rather than a gross one.

CVS, Walgreens, etc. will save alot of money in the future if they close all of their stores in Dimm run black areas. Target, too!
:smoke:

Staying at home is slavery? How out of touch must you be to compare lounging at home to slaves.
Essential businesses are shut down, and essential workers are fired from their essential jobs. Let's see, now? Do you own or rent? You're just going to lounge at home? What about the mortgage or rent payments? If evictions are stopped, how long can you "shelter in place" and smoke medical/legal marijuana without making the payments on it?
What kind of fantasy world do they live in? Seriously, you don't get much uglier than Trump and his bunch
The fantasy world is the Democrats' welfare state. Guns are banned and there's a mental health worker to "check up" on you and make sure you take your medications.

CVS, Walgreens, etc. will save alot of money in the future if they close all of their stores in Dimm run black areas. Target, too!
:smoke:
Time to do it. We people who are civil are slaves in monetary ways. Think of the savings.

It's not a legal opinion, merely his personal one.
OK, I'm with you on that one.

They aren't unprecedented. I probably call that a mild hyperbole rather than a gross one.

What else in terms of curbing liberties has been greater? Think about it. You cannot go to work. You have to close your business. You cannot go to church, You cannot have a funeral. You cannot visit loved ones., You cannot go to the doctor, you cannot go to the dentist. No live events. No sports. It's been six friggin months of this.

Last edited:
Libs are the party of slavery and segregation

Southern Democrats in Congress were always Conservatives. Few people owned slaves fewer still owned large number of slaves.

Few people owned slaves. Thats true.

Slave owners were not libs. Libs were the abolitionist, like Lincoln.
Wrong. The abolitionists were Christian conservatives. The Democratic Party is the party of slavery, you can’t hide that fact. Even today the Dems support China and their use of slave labor.

The traditions of slavery go back to pre-history and is accepted in the bible. The Southern Conservative slave owners were steeped in Christianity as well. The Abolitionist ideals were progressive as well as liberal.

Yes, and there's noting liberal about the Democrat party. You are authoritarian leftists.

Also, the opposition to slavery was rooted in Christianity as well

Liberal believe that the people should rule themselves, not Kings or Dictators for Life. We are a liberal Democracy. Both parties have folks with authoritarian tenancies. Banana Republicans are exponentially worse.

How many slaves did Jesus free? How many times did he speak out against it? Slavery and the slave class was just an accepted part of civilization for much longer than civilization has not accepted it.

We? LOL. The last thing you are is a liberal, you're an authoritarian leftist. I'm a liberal. We have nothing in common.

Liberals believe in individual freedom. You believe in elitism for your all powerful rulers backed by mob rule. There is nothing liberal about you at all

Goose stepping Banana Republicans like to claim they are real liberals. We are a liberal democracy because our Constitution declares the people have the right to rule themselves, not some King on high or powerful, wealthy groups of elitist vying for control of the information age.
Do you support mandated mask wearing and businesses being ordered to shut down?

The Feds don't have the authority to do either of those things. However I do support wearing masks in public where may you come in close contact, and spread your germs to others. I never supported shuttering small shops while letting corporate giants operate.

I disagree. I do believe that the federal government has the right to do this if it is done in good faith. That is the marker that Chief Justice John Roberts has espoused in his opinions on lockdowns.

I agree. It says right there twice in the constitution. Once in the preamble and again in the taxation section. Our government is supposed to promote the general welfare of the nation.

If protecting our people from dying from a virus isn't promoting the general welfare of our nation, nothing is.

Acting in the general welfare is a restriction on government power, it is not a government power. Anything could be justified if you just have to claim it's in the general welfare. The founders said even if something is technically allowed, if it's not in the general welfare then the government shouldn't be doing it.

According to you, the founders wrote a carefully orchestrated document of enumerated powers. One of which was "anything the fuck it wants." Why did they bother writing a Constitution then? That makes no sense
Requiring face masks is an acceptable government action for the general welfare.

Southern Democrats in Congress were always Conservatives. Few people owned slaves fewer still owned large number of slaves.

Wrong. The abolitionists were Christian conservatives. The Democratic Party is the party of slavery, you can’t hide that fact. Even today the Dems support China and their use of slave labor.

The traditions of slavery go back to pre-history and is accepted in the bible. The Southern Conservative slave owners were steeped in Christianity as well. The Abolitionist ideals were progressive as well as liberal.

Yes, and there's noting liberal about the Democrat party. You are authoritarian leftists.

Liberal believe that the people should rule themselves, not Kings or Dictators for Life. We are a liberal Democracy. Both parties have folks with authoritarian tenancies. Banana Republicans are exponentially worse.

How many slaves did Jesus free? How many times did he speak out against it? Slavery and the slave class was just an accepted part of civilization for much longer than civilization has not accepted it.

We? LOL. The last thing you are is a liberal, you're an authoritarian leftist. I'm a liberal. We have nothing in common.

Liberals believe in individual freedom. You believe in elitism for your all powerful rulers backed by mob rule. There is nothing liberal about you at all

Goose stepping Banana Republicans like to claim they are real liberals. We are a liberal democracy because our Constitution declares the people have the right to rule themselves, not some King on high or powerful, wealthy groups of elitist vying for control of the information age.

The Feds don't have the authority to do either of those things. However I do support wearing masks in public where may you come in close contact, and spread your germs to others. I never supported shuttering small shops while letting corporate giants operate.
I didn’t say anything about the Feds, although Joe Biden has promised nationwide mask and lockdown mandates if he deems it necessary. I don’t care if you “support wearing masks”, I asked if you supported mandates forcing them.
You won’t answer the question directly, which means you are full of shit when you say you aren’t for some King or high elites controlling us.

I disagree. I do believe that the federal government has the right to do this if it is done in good faith. That is the marker that Chief Justice John Roberts has espoused in his opinions on lockdowns.

I agree. It says right there twice in the constitution. Once in the preamble and again in the taxation section. Our government is supposed to promote the general welfare of the nation.

If protecting our people from dying from a virus isn't promoting the general welfare of our nation, nothing is.

Acting in the general welfare is a restriction on government power, it is not a government power. Anything could be justified if you just have to claim it's in the general welfare. The founders said even if something is technically allowed, if it's not in the general welfare then the government shouldn't be doing it.

According to you, the founders wrote a carefully orchestrated document of enumerated powers. One of which was "anything the fuck it wants." Why did they bother writing a Constitution then? That makes no sense
Requiring face masks is an acceptable government action for the general welfare.
^^ Big Government Jakey. We always knew you were a Fake.

It's not a legal opinion, merely his personal one.
OK, I'm with you on that one.

They aren't unprecedented. I probably call that a mild hyperbole rather than a gross one.

What else in terms of curbing liberties has been greater? Think about it. You cannot go to work. You have to close your business. You cannot go to church, You cannot have a funeral. You cannot visit loved ones., You cannot go to the doctor, you cannot go to the dentist. No live events. No sports. It's been six friggin months of this.

I live in Texas. Been working from home for 15 years now. Except for the live sports, we've been able to do most all of those things. Even went to a wedding. I don't agree with allowing large retail giants to open and forcing small shops to close.

Forum List

Back