U.S attorney general Barr likens stay-at-home orders to slavery

Whites in this country have no conception of what slavery is like. Barr sure as hell doesn't know, they should read some books or read the slave narratives to know what slavery was like.

This shows how out of touch this Administration is. They are belittling slavery by comparing it to stay at home orders. Stay at home orders are meant to help people.

Staying at home is slavery? How out of touch must you be to compare lounging at home to slaves. What kind of fantasy world do they live in? Seriously, you don't get much uglier than Trump and his bunch.

How out-of-touch must YOU be to think that slavery is evil only because of the hard work? What kind of amoral world do YOU live in? Slavery is evil because of humans being owned and controlled as property, with no independence or free agency, you moron. So yeah, if you're forcing people to sit at home when they need and want to work and earn money and take care of their families and their own interests, you are making them slaves.

Try thinking with something other than your own laziness.

Why don't you try thinking. Money can't buy your health. Stay at home orders should be utilized if it is medically necessary. What happens to your family if you die. You are a moron.

Barr seems to have gone completely political,
is it really ok to just work for the people who support your party? shouldn't people in power work in the best interest of all Americans.
You sound like the republicans used to sound...the answer of course is yes, but the problem is the question and the timing of the question...you have started caring only now that the shoe is on the other foot...mueller was the last straw, barr is just returning volley now.

The Mueller investigation was proper. You don't like it's conclusions. Barr has completely politicized the DOJ.

Last edited:

Staying at home is slavery? How out of touch must you be to compare lounging at home to slaves. What kind of fantasy world do they live in? Seriously, you don't get much uglier than Trump and his bunch.
That’s not what he said, moron. He said it was one of the biggest intrusions on civil liberties, second only to slavery.

However anyone that does advocate “lockdown” mandates as well as “guaranteed income” is supporting slavery, a system where “critical” job workers are forced to work, while everyone else sits on their ass at home and gets their bills paid by those who are working. Anyone who is on welfare is a beneficiary of slave labor.

He likened stay at home orders to slavery. You cannot spin it.

Using stay at home orders to save people's lives has nothing to do with slavery. Caring about people has nothing to do with slavery. As usual you have no clue what you are talking about.

Barr is a citizen of the alternate universe. They have their own informational world, and they ignore & dismiss anything outside of that world. And that's about it.
And you ignore and dismiss anything factually that is right in front of your face. He said it was the "greatest intrusion on civil liberty since slavery."

You can debate whether or not that statement is true, but at least get that statement right before you start calling Barr a citizen of an alternate universe. Especially when you wholesale IGNORE the communist faction dominating YOUR PARTY.

What about the extremist right wing fascists that dominate YOUR PARTY. Barr is living in that right wing extremist universe that has nothing to do with the real universe.

NO....that isn't what he said...he said that after slavery, the lock down orders were the worst violation of Constitutional Rights in our history....

That is what he said. You can't spin it. There is no violation of any constitutional rights.

is it really ok to just work for the people who support your party? shouldn't people in power work in the best interest of all Americans.

Ask Eric Holder, who stated he was obama's wingman....

Holder did not use the DOJ to go after Obama's enemies. That is what Barr is doing while protecting Trump supporters.

"U.S attorney general Barr likens stay-at-home orders to slavery"

I love drama queens. They're so dramatic.

NO....that isn't what he said...he said that after slavery, the lock down orders were the worst violation of Constitutional Rights in our history....
It’s still not. 100 years of Jim Crow and the Japanese internment would disagree with fixer Barr quite vehemently.

Libs are the party of slavery and segregation

Southern Democrats in Congress were always Conservatives. Few people owned slaves fewer still owned large number of slaves.

Few people owned slaves. Thats true.

Slave owners were not libs. Libs were the abolitionist, like Lincoln.
Wrong. The abolitionists were Christian conservatives. The Democratic Party is the party of slavery, you can’t hide that fact. Even today the Dems support China and their use of slave labor.

The traditions of slavery go back to pre-history and is accepted in the bible. The Southern Conservative slave owners were steeped in Christianity as well. The Abolitionist ideals were progressive as well as liberal.

Yes, and there's noting liberal about the Democrat party. You are authoritarian leftists.

Also, the opposition to slavery was rooted in Christianity as well

Liberal believe that the people should rule themselves, not Kings or Dictators for Life. We are a liberal Democracy. Both parties have folks with authoritarian tenancies. Banana Republicans are exponentially worse.

How many slaves did Jesus free? How many times did he speak out against it? Slavery and the slave class was just an accepted part of civilization for much longer than civilization has not accepted it.

We? LOL. The last thing you are is a liberal, you're an authoritarian leftist. I'm a liberal. We have nothing in common.

Liberals believe in individual freedom. You believe in elitism for your all powerful rulers backed by mob rule. There is nothing liberal about you at all

Goose stepping Banana Republicans like to claim they are real liberals. We are a liberal democracy because our Constitution declares the people have the right to rule themselves, not some King on high or powerful, wealthy groups of elitist vying for control of the information age.
Do you support mandated mask wearing and businesses being ordered to shut down?

The Feds don't have the authority to do either of those things. However I do support wearing masks in public where may you come in close contact, and spread your germs to others. I never supported shuttering small shops while letting corporate giants operate.

I disagree. I do believe that the federal government has the right to do this if it is done in good faith. That is the marker that Chief Justice John Roberts has espoused in his opinions on lockdowns.

You sound like the republicans used to sound...the answer of course is yes, but the problem is the question and the timing of the question...you have started caring only now that the shoe is on the other foot...mueller was the last straw, barr is just returning volley now.

The Mueller investigation was proper. You don't like it's conclusions. Barr has completely politicized the DOJ.
The Mueller investigation was proper.
you sound like the republicans of today backing barr

You don't like it's conclusions.
Like mueller I didn't find any conclusions, why don't you tell us what they were?
Barr has completely politicized the DOJ.
and now you sound like the republicans of yesterday concerning mueller, you cleared everything up perfectly.

Whites in this country have no conception of what slavery is like. Barr sure as hell doesn't know, they should read some books or read the slave narratives to know what slavery was like.

This shows how out of touch this Administration is. They are belittling slavery by comparing it to stay at home orders. Stay at home orders are meant to help people.
No, they are meant to help Democrats get elected.

"U.S attorney general Barr likens stay-at-home orders to slavery"

I love drama queens. They're so dramatic.

Speaking of drama queens, you actually know that was a misquote and that isn't what he said, right?

Southern Democrats in Congress were always Conservatives. Few people owned slaves fewer still owned large number of slaves.

Wrong. The abolitionists were Christian conservatives. The Democratic Party is the party of slavery, you can’t hide that fact. Even today the Dems support China and their use of slave labor.

The traditions of slavery go back to pre-history and is accepted in the bible. The Southern Conservative slave owners were steeped in Christianity as well. The Abolitionist ideals were progressive as well as liberal.

Yes, and there's noting liberal about the Democrat party. You are authoritarian leftists.

Liberal believe that the people should rule themselves, not Kings or Dictators for Life. We are a liberal Democracy. Both parties have folks with authoritarian tenancies. Banana Republicans are exponentially worse.

How many slaves did Jesus free? How many times did he speak out against it? Slavery and the slave class was just an accepted part of civilization for much longer than civilization has not accepted it.

We? LOL. The last thing you are is a liberal, you're an authoritarian leftist. I'm a liberal. We have nothing in common.

Liberals believe in individual freedom. You believe in elitism for your all powerful rulers backed by mob rule. There is nothing liberal about you at all

Goose stepping Banana Republicans like to claim they are real liberals. We are a liberal democracy because our Constitution declares the people have the right to rule themselves, not some King on high or powerful, wealthy groups of elitist vying for control of the information age.

The Feds don't have the authority to do either of those things. However I do support wearing masks in public where may you come in close contact, and spread your germs to others. I never supported shuttering small shops while letting corporate giants operate.

I disagree. I do believe that the federal government has the right to do this if it is done in good faith. That is the marker that Chief Justice John Roberts has espoused in his opinions on lockdowns.

They might try to coerce the states to do their bidding by withholding Highway funds or other funds, like they've done in the past. But I don't think the feds have the authority to order mandates to the entire country, yet.

But Polly J. Price, a professor of law and public health at Emory University, tells NPR: "If you're talking about quarantine in terms of encouraging people to stay home or closing businesses — and that's what public health folks talk about as social distancing measures, really — I think from the White House that can be advisory only and that those are exclusively state powers."

They might try to coerce the states to do their bidding by withholding Highway funds or other funds, like they've done in the past. But I don't think the feds have the authority to order mandates to the entire country, yet.

But Polly J. Price, a professor of law and public health at Emory University, tells NPR: "If you're talking about quarantine in terms of encouraging people to stay home or closing businesses — and that's what public health folks talk about as social distancing measures, really — I think from the White House that can be advisory only and that those are exclusively state powers."

Yes. So you realize then that if blame is to be assigned in blue States, it's to the Democrats

It’s still not. 100 years of Jim Crow and the Japanese internment would disagree with fixer Barr quite vehemently.

And it was DEMOCRATS who did that too you dummy!

Forum List

Back