Tyre Nichols body cam footage

When someone calls out someone in that manner, Its not a requirement to jump. If I found the video in ten seconds, so can you. If you won’t or are just too lazy, I don’t give a shit. It’s not my problem.

Never said you were obligated to, but by not providing evidence of your claim just tells me and everybody else you're FOS. It doesn't exist.

I have been stopped many times by the police and never been beaten. When Tyre was told to get out of the car he should have just gotten out of the car. He fought with the police. He ran away twice. He refused to follow instructions. Why?
This is very common among blacks. Why?

It was fear, IMO.... it ended up being a self fulfilling thing, but It still doesn't excuse the cops. Unfortunatly many blacks seem to feel they are justified in not cooperating with cops in a traffic stop, and too many times it ends up bad.

Never said you were obligated to, but by not providing evidence of your claim just tells me and everybody else you're FOS. It doesn't exist.
If you have evidence to the contrary you can always present it. But that’s probably beyond your ability. I don’t jump to the commands of lazy idiots.

It was fear, IMO.... it ended up being a self fulfilling thing, but It still doesn't excuse the cops. Unfortunatly many blacks seem to feel they are justified in not cooperating with cops in a traffic stop, and too many times it ends up bad.
In this case it wasn’t an instance of a black guy failing to cooperate. The guy was never given the chance to cooperate.

They didn’t approach him and ask for his license, registration and proof of insurance like one would in a traffic stop. Instead they went right into dragging him out of the car and began beating the pee-wang out of him.

Then once again I ask, what are police to do? They tried mace and that didn't work, taser the same way, they barked orders repeatedly at him and he still didn't comply.

So the only two choices they had was to subdue him any way possible or just let him go. Do we want to live in a society where if criminals fight the cops hard enough, they are set free?
He was a 140-pound scrawny kid. He was laying on the ground when they sprayed mace in his face. FIVE cops, trained in how to subdue a person couldn't hold him down? I don't care if he was on crank or whatever. Kicking him and punching him in the face was murder, not detaining.

Daily there are undoubtedly thousands of contacts with people who resist being detained and none of them result in murder.

If you were being beaten like that and got a chance to run for your life, you would too.

These are bad cops. I want to know how they ended up together and with the idea that this was okay. Is this an isolated case? Has something similar happened with these cops or others in this "Scorpion" unit?

There are bad cops. The question to me is how these five managed to get together.

This is impossible to justify.
tyre-nichols-14-S.jpg

Just me.

Never said you were obligated to, but by not providing evidence of your claim just tells me and everybody else you're FOS.
Kinda like when I called you out on your lie and asked you to quote where I said that homicide and murder are the same thing. You didn’t provide evidence for that. By your own standards, you’re full of shit.

He was a 140-pound scrawny kid. He was laying on the ground when they sprayed mace in his face. FIVE cops, trained in how to subdue a person couldn't hold him down? I don't care if he was on crank or whatever. Kicking him and punching him in the face was murder, not detaining.

Daily there are undoubtedly thousands of contacts with people who resist being detained and none of them result in murder.

If you were being beaten like that and got a chance to run for your life, you would too.

These are bad cops. I want to know how they ended up together and with the idea that this was okay. Is this an isolated case? Has something similar happened with these cops or others in this "Scorpion" unit?

There are bad cops. The question to me is how these five managed to get together.

This is impossible to justify.
tyre-nichols-14-S.jpg

Just me.
Yes. They were bad cops. You asked how they ended up
Together.

Political leaders in these cities have been attacking the police and destroying their ability to fight crime. Quality officers are leaving and they can’t recruit quality people to replace them. They are now forced to hire people of questionable character to be police officers.

Kinda like when I called you out on your lie and asked you to quote where I said that homicide and murder are the same thing. You didn’t provide evidence for that. By your own standards, you’re full of shit.
He’s a troll. Just ignore him.

When someone calls out someone in that manner, Its not a requirement to jump. If I found the video in ten seconds, so can you. If you won’t or are just too lazy, I don’t give a shit. It’s not my problem.

This "linky?" or "provide evidence" is honestly a leftover from like 1997, when we were all on dial-up and couldn't have too many tabs open or the internet would crash for us. Unless the information you're citing is very difficult to find, everyone who CAN do an internet search, should, rather than demand a "link".

I am still left with this:

1. It is prudent to comply with cops' demands and take them to task later. You might feel their demands are extreme or unjustified, and you could be right, but it's probably not worth losing your life over.

2. No training is going to overcome this. If you need "training" to understand that you're not supposed to bash people's heads in, you have no business being a cop.

This "linky?" or "provide evidence" is honestly a leftover from like 1997, when we were all on dial-up and couldn't have too many tabs open or the internet would crash for us. Unless the information you're citing is very difficult to find, everyone who CAN do an internet search, should, rather than demand a "link".
"linky"? I am assuming you are South African or Rhodesian.

has anyone mentioned the cost to the city this is gonna be with lawsuits?

Information sources included personal consultations with attorneys and legal assistants across the United States and a variety of litigation reports, with most awards and settlements occurring in 1979-82. Reported awards in the 29 cases of wrongful death by police misconduct range from a high of $5.75 million to a low of $50,000. The average recovery was in excess of $650,000. Awards involving nonfatal injuries range from a high of over $7 million to a low of $30,000 with the average recovery being in excess of $656,000. While every police misconduct case is unique, these cases show a high range of recoveries and could be used to convince an opposing counsel or judge that a high claim is within the range of previously awarded damages. Moreover, review of the cited facts in these cases demonstrates that plaintiffs able to show only low amounts of special damages were nevertheless awarded substantial recoveries. Courts are often sufficiently sophisticated to appreciate the effects of mental pain and suffering and recognize that the deprivation of constitutional rights per se is compensable. Each case citation includes place, date, amount of jury or settlement award, and a brief summary of the case's facts.

As things are today...or some future dystopia?

As things are today? I would do exactly what I said...the time to fight is in court ..not on the side of the road.

So, we both have a line we think the police should not cross, all we differ on is where that line is

As things are today...or some future dystopia?

As things are today? I would do exactly what I said...the time to fight is in court ..not on the side of the road.

The thing to do and what we are and are going to continue to do is force the police to understand where the line is and to not cross it.

You are arguing for a system where the police can take unlawful actions and the people have to try and rectify that in the system allowing the police to take unlawful actions.

No.

The thing to do and what we are and are going to continue to do is force the police to understand where the line is and to not cross it.
Senseless wording. If "force" is involved then you may just as well pack your bags and shut down the police force altogether. There has to be a law and there have to be rules and guidelines on how to enforce that law. There need to be clear rules that take into consideration exceptional circumstances, ie. "the correct reaction - unless xxx - is ... ". The problem is when the rules are changed from one minute to the next. Also, having seen a number of "Cops", "Judge Judy" and "Caught in Providence" it seems to me that Americans are drenched in hero-worshipping and moralizing. So how are the American police to know what is expected of them?

Forum List

Back