Two Important Congressional Bills in Jepordy.

It looks like the Covid Bill is the least of the worries on what bugs Rump. He has more to say about the yearly budget from now until Sept 2021. His only sticking point on the Covid side was it was 600 instead of 2000. The Spending Bill is pretty standard but he's going off it like a Fire Bug with extra Gas Cans. This may not get resolved until Jan 21st at the rate it's going. Unless the Senate goes for the Veto Proof bill which is a maybe only.
Trump’s Attack on Coronavirus Relief Divides G.O.P. and Threatens Recovery

Now, the other one, the Defense Bill. He doesn't have a problem with the bill itself. But he demands that the that the repeal of Section 230 that will remove any protections that the social media has in place under the Internet current Laws. BTW, USMB would also be affected. Someone in the Government could take a disliking to a post and have USMB shut down with no recourse. You Rumpers think it would just affect google, twitter and Youtube. Wrong. It affects the whole band of the Internet. The reason I use USMB is that it IS free flowing and even fruitcakes (within reason) can express their fruitcake views openly. I don't have to agree with your views to protect them because I am also protecting my own rights. Think about that one.

Rump is now railing that the defense bill is too soft on China. Obviously, he hasn't read it. McConnel is talking about going ahead with the veto proof bill anyway.
Trump Threatens to Veto Defense Bill, This Time over China

I don't know if you Rumpers understand the implications there. The Federal Government shuts down until something is passed for the spending bill. Yes, another Government Shutdown on TOP of Covid 19, busted economy, and more. I don't see how Congress can write a bill that Rump will accept. So the Veto Proof may have to happen next week. And then Rump will have the power to really fowl it up as President even then. It may not get resolved until Jan 21st.

As for the Defense Bill, I have been the recipient of those things before. While the main defense will continue, training will be curtailed, any construction will be stopped and you are going to see more Military Members and their Families in the bread and soup lines just to eat because they won't be paid. It only takes 15 days to bring the Military to it's knees. All over something that has nothing to do with the Military (section 230) and the fact Rump hasn't read the bill at all otherwise he would see that it's actually tougher on China that before.

There is a Problem for Republicans (none for thepartyoftherumpers) where they now have to make a decision to support the Nation or support Rump. It also highly affects the GA Senate Election as well. We all know that if you cross Rump he will try and harm you any way he can and won't stop for anything. Put yourself in the shoes of those two Republican Senate Candidates in GA who have supported him. Do they continue to support him in fear of his ire and lose the election (And the Senate) or do they support the Nation and maybe get sent to the Senate. I find it chilling that the Dems may end up controlling the House, Senate and President at the same time. But I care for the Nation. Rump only cares about Rump and is in the middle of probably his worst tantrum ever.
You think there is something he actually wants or just making a scene to try to be relevant or is it a tantrum against country, military, and Covid story just because he is getting fired and doesn't have any other way to strike back at the country? Thought he might have something in mind until he left town.
He really wants 230 gone. Twitter flagged him, basically called him out as a liar, so he wants to sue them and destroy their business. He has about as much respect for free speech as Goring. Trump's team has put up a lengthy crtique of many items in the Defense budget, but 230 is the one he just tweeted about.
Trump wants 230 gone because conservatives are being removed from YouTube.
YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc are all private companies who have every right to deny service, much like a baker can deny service to a couple for not being to their liking. Trump is pissed because even though these companies are sheltered by law against being held accountable for what he and others say on their platforms, they still edit/editorialize him and other mostly right-wingers. In all fairness, when they kicked Alex Jones off for claiming that Sandy Hook was a hoax perpetrated by left wing parents of the dead children, folks here started screaming about Freedom of Speech. I think you get my point.
So the Christian baker was a private, how'd that work out?

Why are tech cos held to different standards?
You understand that a publicly held company just means that company has stocks. In each of the tech companies cases these decisions were made due to what the stock holders/owners wanted...Just like our baking friend, owners are given right to refusal. I’m really not sure I agree with that legal standard, but once the precedent is established it is just a precedent.

Personally? I think the reason Trump doesn't want to fund the government is because he knows it's gonna shut down in a couple of days, leaving him free to stay at Mar a Lago until after Biden is sworn in.

Or........................maybe he's hoping that if the government is shut down, Biden won't be sworn in.
Government shutdown is a big nothing burger. All that ever happens is government workers have to wait a week or two to get their check. They ALWAYS get paid. Any small business owner or employee would love to have that "crisis".

It looks like the Covid Bill is the least of the worries on what bugs Rump. He has more to say about the yearly budget from now until Sept 2021. His only sticking point on the Covid side was it was 600 instead of 2000. The Spending Bill is pretty standard but he's going off it like a Fire Bug with extra Gas Cans. This may not get resolved until Jan 21st at the rate it's going. Unless the Senate goes for the Veto Proof bill which is a maybe only.

Now, the other one, the Defense Bill. He doesn't have a problem with the bill itself. But he demands that the that the repeal of Section 230 that will remove any protections that the social media has in place under the Internet current Laws. BTW, USMB would also be affected. Someone in the Government could take a disliking to a post and have USMB shut down with no recourse. You Rumpers think it would just affect google, twitter and Youtube. Wrong. It affects the whole band of the Internet. The reason I use USMB is that it IS free flowing and even fruitcakes (within reason) can express their fruitcake views openly. I don't have to agree with your views to protect them because I am also protecting my own rights. Think about that one.

Rump is now railing that the defense bill is too soft on China. Obviously, he hasn't read it. McConnel is talking about going ahead with the veto proof bill anyway.

I don't know if you Rumpers understand the implications there. The Federal Government shuts down until something is passed for the spending bill. Yes, another Government Shutdown on TOP of Covid 19, busted economy, and more. I don't see how Congress can write a bill that Rump will accept. So the Veto Proof may have to happen next week. And then Rump will have the power to really fowl it up as President even then. It may not get resolved until Jan 21st.

As for the Defense Bill, I have been the recipient of those things before. While the main defense will continue, training will be curtailed, any construction will be stopped and you are going to see more Military Members and their Families in the bread and soup lines just to eat because they won't be paid. It only takes 15 days to bring the Military to it's knees. All over something that has nothing to do with the Military (section 230) and the fact Rump hasn't read the bill at all otherwise he would see that it's actually tougher on China that before.

There is a Problem for Republicans (none for thepartyoftherumpers) where they now have to make a decision to support the Nation or support Rump. It also highly affects the GA Senate Election as well. We all know that if you cross Rump he will try and harm you any way he can and won't stop for anything. Put yourself in the shoes of those two Republican Senate Candidates in GA who have supported him. Do they continue to support him in fear of his ire and lose the election (And the Senate) or do they support the Nation and maybe get sent to the Senate. I find it chilling that the Dems may end up controlling the House, Senate and President at the same time. But I care for the Nation. Rump only cares about Rump and is in the middle of probably his worst tantrum ever.
You might find this article interesting, depending on your point of view.
I like how they describe three potentially different paths.

That was from Newsmax? It was pretty well dead on and didn't play one way or another.

I think its probably dawning on most of the republican law makers that the GOP is going to be around long after the blob oozes out of office and back to whatever State will accept him.

And I expect them to vote accordingly.

You think there is something he actually wants or just making a scene to try to be relevant or is it a tantrum against country, military, and Covid story just because he is getting fired and doesn't have any other way to strike back at the country? Thought he might have something in mind until he left town.
He really wants 230 gone. Twitter flagged him, basically called him out as a liar, so he wants to sue them and destroy their business. He has about as much respect for free speech as Goring. Trump's team has put up a lengthy crtique of many items in the Defense budget, but 230 is the one he just tweeted about.
Was really unaware for the most part of Section 230, being the main sticking, point for him and possible apple in his eye he seeks. Went out and looked it up, read about it. Saw no proposed rewrite. Taking it out, replacing with nothing (although tearing down without building is typical for him) this one has a caution from the law of unintended consequence written al over it. Be weary of what you want, lest you get it.

I think its probably dawning on most of the republican law makers that the GOP is going to be around long after the blob oozes out of office and back to whatever State will accept him.

If they don't vote accordingly, the probably won't be around. Country is in shitty shape to fk around right now.

Was really unaware for the most part of Section 230, being the main sticking, point for him and possible apple in his eye he seeks. Went out and looked it up, read about it. Saw no proposed rewrite. Taking it out, replacing with nothing (although tearing down without building is typical for him) this one has a caution from the law of unintended consequence written al over it. Be weary of what you want, lest you get it.
What do you see as a possible consequence to right wingers if 230 is gone?

They may lose social media for their purpose completely, as they will curtail speech as never before or face being litigated out of business. It has been a great place to spread unproven and outright false conspiracy theory as well as outright lie and libel, with no consequence whatsoever to the platform, as liability free due to 230 and 230 only. Rewrites of 26 simple words can be difficult to do and still not account for bad consequences. Until you see it, you have no clue to even attempt to evaluate the depth of the sweeping change ask for.

They may lose social media for their purpose completely, as they will curtail speech as never before or face being litigated out of business. It has been a great place to spread unproven and outright false conspiracy theory as well as outright lie and libel, with no consequence whatsoever to the platform, as liability free due to 230 and 230 only. Rewrites of 26 simple words can be difficult to do and still not account for bad consequences. Until you see it, you have no clue to even attempt to evaluate the depth of the sweeping change ask for.
Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Social media is out of control.

the blob
Once again, Stacey Abrams or Jerry Nadler have nothing to do with the fact that Trump is going to continue to whip the shit out of both parties.

YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc are all private companies who have every right to deny service, much like a baker can deny service to a couple for not being to their liking. Trump is pissed because even though these companies are sheltered by law against being held accountable for what he and others say on their platforms, they still edit/editorialize him and other mostly right-wingers. In all fairness, when they kicked Alex Jones off for claiming that Sandy Hook was a hoax perpetrated by left wing parents of the dead children, folks here started screaming about Freedom of Speech. I think you get my point.
So the Christian baker was a private, how'd that work out?

Why are tech cos held to different standards?
You understand that a publicly held company just means that company has stocks. In each of the tech companies cases these decisions were made due to what the stock holders/owners wanted...Just like our baking friend, owners are given right to refusal. I’m really not sure I agree with that legal standard, but once the precedent is established it is just a precedent.
The YouTube decision was made by the politically correct employees who found Trump to be insensitive.

If they don't vote accordingly, the probably won't be around. Country is in shitty shape to fk around right now.

I disagree. I think most will beat back the primary challenges 12-14 months from now. Anger wanes over time. One thing they can do while the blob cannot is make some bones railing against the Dems. Seriously..what is the blob going to do besides run a bitch-fest rally once in a while?

True. But, if not for social media carrying the twisted message, lies, conspiracy theories and keeping the echo chamber echoing, he probably would never have been elected and would not have come this close, this time as people would not know what they were missing. Just my opinion.

It think he's trying to break as many of the toys as he can on his way out of the Nursery.
Unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer voices even trying to reign him in at this point, so I fear we ain’t seen nothing yet.

The over whelming majority of people love what he's doing

Last edited:

True. But, if not for social media carrying the twisted message, lies, conspiracy theories and keeping the echo chamber echoing, he probably would never have been elected and would not have come this close, this time as people would not know what they were missing. Just my opinion.
I guess living in the middle of nowhere, you under estimate the damage of the last 30 years of both parties selling us out to Asia.

I disagree. I think most will beat back the primary challenges 12-14 months from now. Anger wanes over time. One thing they can do while the blob cannot is make some bones railing against the Dems. Seriously..what is the blob going to do besides run a bitch-fest rally once in a while?
You got a point. We Americans are notorious for short memory. Might be more severe this time, in the middle of winter, with foreclosures becoming legal again, unemployment running out and mainstreet hurting. How about defunding the military to go along with it? Retirees on fixed income do have long memories. Military retirees have the longest and he is basically defunding both. Bills can be signed, vetoed, or wait 10 days and become law, if congress is in secession. If not in secession, those bills have to start all over, except now everybody is pissed. Mitch should have never let the timing get to this point and he no doubt regrets it. Trump probably set himself up for a veto override on the NDAA, but Mitch and Nancy cannot override a bill, not vetoed, but languishing on the presidents desk as the old congress goes out and new comes in, can he? Or is my understanding of timings incorrect?

It think he's trying to break as many of the toys as he can on his way out of the Nursery.
Unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer voices even trying to reign him in at this point, so I fear we ain’t seen nothing yet.

The over whelping majority of people love what he's doing
I am sure that is why they voted him out of office. Merry Christmas :)

The over whelping majority of people love what he's doing
I am sure that is why they voted him out of office. Merry Christmas :)

The algorithms didn't love him.

I guess living in the middle of nowhere, you under estimate the damage of the last 30 years of both parties selling us out to Asia.
Probably true. Didn't learn much running around the world for ya or going back to university during that time no matter what the evaluations and GPAs said. Just more tassels and doodads on uniforms or gowns.

Probably true. Didn't learn much running around the world for ya or going back to university during that time no matter what the evaluations and GPAs said. Just more tassels and doodads on uniforms or gowns.

Yeah
You keep bragging about that
If you actually fought for any country
I doubt that it was ours.

Forum List

Back