Two Important Congressional Bills in Jepordy.

Daryl Hunt

Your Worst Nightmare
Oct 22, 2014
O.D. (Stands for Out Dere
It looks like the Covid Bill is the least of the worries on what bugs Rump. He has more to say about the yearly budget from now until Sept 2021. His only sticking point on the Covid side was it was 600 instead of 2000. The Spending Bill is pretty standard but he's going off it like a Fire Bug with extra Gas Cans. This may not get resolved until Jan 21st at the rate it's going. Unless the Senate goes for the Veto Proof bill which is a maybe only.
Trump’s Attack on Coronavirus Relief Divides G.O.P. and Threatens Recovery

Now, the other one, the Defense Bill. He doesn't have a problem with the bill itself. But he demands that the that the repeal of Section 230 that will remove any protections that the social media has in place under the Internet current Laws. BTW, USMB would also be affected. Someone in the Government could take a disliking to a post and have USMB shut down with no recourse. You Rumpers think it would just affect google, twitter and Youtube. Wrong. It affects the whole band of the Internet. The reason I use USMB is that it IS free flowing and even fruitcakes (within reason) can express their fruitcake views openly. I don't have to agree with your views to protect them because I am also protecting my own rights. Think about that one.

Rump is now railing that the defense bill is too soft on China. Obviously, he hasn't read it. McConnel is talking about going ahead with the veto proof bill anyway.
Trump Threatens to Veto Defense Bill, This Time over China

I don't know if you Rumpers understand the implications there. The Federal Government shuts down until something is passed for the spending bill. Yes, another Government Shutdown on TOP of Covid 19, busted economy, and more. I don't see how Congress can write a bill that Rump will accept. So the Veto Proof may have to happen next week. And then Rump will have the power to really fowl it up as President even then. It may not get resolved until Jan 21st.

As for the Defense Bill, I have been the recipient of those things before. While the main defense will continue, training will be curtailed, any construction will be stopped and you are going to see more Military Members and their Families in the bread and soup lines just to eat because they won't be paid. It only takes 15 days to bring the Military to it's knees. All over something that has nothing to do with the Military (section 230) and the fact Rump hasn't read the bill at all otherwise he would see that it's actually tougher on China that before.

There is a Problem for Republicans (none for thepartyoftherumpers) where they now have to make a decision to support the Nation or support Rump. It also highly affects the GA Senate Election as well. We all know that if you cross Rump he will try and harm you any way he can and won't stop for anything. Put yourself in the shoes of those two Republican Senate Candidates in GA who have supported him. Do they continue to support him in fear of his ire and lose the election (And the Senate) or do they support the Nation and maybe get sent to the Senate. I find it chilling that the Dems may end up controlling the House, Senate and President at the same time. But I care for the Nation. Rump only cares about Rump and is in the middle of probably his worst tantrum ever.

It looks like the Covid Bill is the least of the worries on what bugs Rump. He has more to say about the yearly budget from now until Sept 2021. His only sticking point on the Covid side was it was 600 instead of 2000. The Spending Bill is pretty standard but he's going off it like a Fire Bug with extra Gas Cans. This may not get resolved until Jan 21st at the rate it's going. Unless the Senate goes for the Veto Proof bill which is a maybe only.

Now, the other one, the Defense Bill. He doesn't have a problem with the bill itself. But he demands that the that the repeal of Section 230 that will remove any protections that the social media has in place under the Internet current Laws. BTW, USMB would also be affected. Someone in the Government could take a disliking to a post and have USMB shut down with no recourse. You Rumpers think it would just affect google, twitter and Youtube. Wrong. It affects the whole band of the Internet. The reason I use USMB is that it IS free flowing and even fruitcakes (within reason) can express their fruitcake views openly. I don't have to agree with your views to protect them because I am also protecting my own rights. Think about that one.

Rump is now railing that the defense bill is too soft on China. Obviously, he hasn't read it. McConnel is talking about going ahead with the veto proof bill anyway.

I don't know if you Rumpers understand the implications there. The Federal Government shuts down until something is passed for the spending bill. Yes, another Government Shutdown on TOP of Covid 19, busted economy, and more. I don't see how Congress can write a bill that Rump will accept. So the Veto Proof may have to happen next week. And then Rump will have the power to really fowl it up as President even then. It may not get resolved until Jan 21st.

As for the Defense Bill, I have been the recipient of those things before. While the main defense will continue, training will be curtailed, any construction will be stopped and you are going to see more Military Members and their Families in the bread and soup lines just to eat because they won't be paid. It only takes 15 days to bring the Military to it's knees. All over something that has nothing to do with the Military (section 230) and the fact Rump hasn't read the bill at all otherwise he would see that it's actually tougher on China that before.

There is a Problem for Republicans (none for thepartyoftherumpers) where they now have to make a decision to support the Nation or support Rump. It also highly affects the GA Senate Election as well. We all know that if you cross Rump he will try and harm you any way he can and won't stop for anything. Put yourself in the shoes of those two Republican Senate Candidates in GA who have supported him. Do they continue to support him in fear of his ire and lose the election (And the Senate) or do they support the Nation and maybe get sent to the Senate. I find it chilling that the Dems may end up controlling the House, Senate and President at the same time. But I care for the Nation. Rump only cares about Rump and is in the middle of probably his worst tantrum ever.
You think there is something he actually wants or just making a scene to try to be relevant or is it a tantrum against country, military, and Covid story just because he is getting fired and doesn't have any other way to strike back at the country? Thought he might have something in mind until he left town.

• Banned

You think there is something he actually wants or just making a scene to try to be relevant or is it a tantrum against country, military, and Covid story just because he is getting fired and doesn't have any other way to strike back at the country? Thought he might have something in mind until he left town.

It think he's trying to break as many of the toys as he can on his way out of the Nursery.

It think he's trying to break as many of the toys as he can on his way out of the Nursery.
Unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer voices even trying to reign him in at this point, so I fear we ain’t seen nothing yet.

• Banned

Unfortunately, there are fewer and fewer voices even trying to reign him in at this point, so I fear we ain’t seen nothing yet.

I made this prediction over a year ago when he went off the deep end during the Ukraine mess. I wished I had been wrong. But the second we think Rump can't outdo himself, he proves us wrong by saying, "Here, hold my beer".

He really wants 230 gone. Twitter flagged him, basically called him out as a liar, so he wants to sue them and destroy their business. He has about as much respect for free speech as Goring. Trump's team has put up a lengthy crtique of many items in the Defense budget, but 230 is the one he just tweeted about.

He really wants 230 gone. Twitter flagged him, basically called him out as a liar, so he wants to sue them and destroy their business. He has about as much respect for free speech as Goring. Trump's team has put up a lengthy crtique of many items in the Defense budget, but 230 is the one he just tweeted about.
Trump wants 230 gone because conservatives are being removed from YouTube.

Okay

I made this prediction over a year ago when he went off the deep end during the Ukraine mess. I wished I had been wrong. But the second we think Rump can't outdo himself, he proves us wrong by saying, "Here, hold my beer".
Hopefully he just buys some 2nd rate media outlet and devotes his time to pandering to an ever decreasing troop of Always Trumpers.

Really....so why are there so many conservatives on YouTube?

I stopped reading at "pretty standard".

YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc are all private companies who have every right to deny service, much like a baker can deny service to a couple for not being to their liking. Trump is pissed because even though these companies are sheltered by law against being held accountable for what he and others say on their platforms, they still edit/editorialize him and other mostly right-wingers. In all fairness, when they kicked Alex Jones off for claiming that Sandy Hook was a hoax perpetrated by left wing parents of the dead children, folks here started screaming about Freedom of Speech. I think you get my point.

Really....so why are there so many conservatives on YouTube?
They are slowly disappearing and providing links to other sites.
You can't delete hundreds of thousands of videos overnight without deleting Liberal videos.

YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc are all private companies who have every right to deny service, much like a baker can deny service to a couple for not being to their liking. Trump is pissed because even though these companies are sheltered by law against being held accountable for what he and others say on their platforms, they still edit/editorialize him and other mostly right-wingers. In all fairness, when they kicked Alex Jones off for claiming that Sandy Hook was a hoax perpetrated by left wing parents of the dead children, folks here started screaming about Freedom of Speech. I think you get my point.
Without 230 they won't have that right.
230 allows a company to not be sued for carrying content that some may find offensive.
Liberals find anything that disagrees with them offensive.

He promised two years ago that if he another multi thousand page "omnibus" spending bill was jammed through at the last minute in order to hide the billions in pork, he would not sign it. Thank you President Trump for putting your foot down and saying "enough of this bullshit". Get the foreign money and the window dressing pork that has NOTHING TO DO WITH COVID RELIEF OUT OF THE BILL.

Give that money to the American people and small businesses not to gender studies programs in Pakistan and Democracy promotion in Venezuela. FFS what is wrong with you people, can't you think anymore?

Personally? I think the reason Trump doesn't want to fund the government is because he knows it's gonna shut down in a couple of days, leaving him free to stay at Mar a Lago until after Biden is sworn in.

Or........................maybe he's hoping that if the government is shut down, Biden won't be sworn in.

You might find this article interesting, depending on your point of view.
I like how they describe three potentially different paths.

So the Christian baker was a private, how'd that work out?

Why are tech cos held to different standards?

Forum List

Back