Two eleven year olds commited suicide over bullying

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
Another 11-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide After Homophobic Bullying ? Feministe

You’ve likely read about the tragedy of Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover, an 11-year-old boy who committed suicide after being relentlessly bullied at school with homophobic taunts.

But now, to make matters even worse in the only way they could possibly get worse, a second 11-year-old boy has also committed suicide (h/t). Jaheem Herrera, too, hanged himself after being bullied at school. Seemingly, the taunts were also homophobic in nature.

Add this to the other recent case with the fifteen year old girl. This goes on to confirm that middle school aged kids really can be mean. That, and more needs to be done.

Last edited:
Add this to the other recent case with the fifteen year old girl. This goes on to confirm that middle school aged kids really are bad. That, and more needs to be done.

What do you mean by bad?

What do you mean by bad?

Let me clarify, when I say bad I'm saying mean as can be.

Middle school for many is where you're old enough to know it's wrong (Bullying), but not old enough to care.

However, from what I recall about middle school, most people were just constantly at each other's throats. It's ridiculous looking back and thinking about it.

Last edited:
Honestly, kids are fucking pussies anymore.

At 11 years old, if you already can't handle being called names, there are problems deeper than the name calling.

Whatever happened to standing up for yourself and popping someone in the mother fucking mouth? Even if you end up losing the fight, you will earn more respect than killing yourself EVER will.

At 11 years old, if you already can't handle being called names, there are problems deeper than the name calling.

Whatever happened to standing up for yourself and popping someone in the mother fucking mouth? Even if you end up losing the fight, you will earn more respect than killing yourself EVER will.

The kids getting picked on usually are the types who actually care about their studies. When I was in high school not too long ago mind you, it was zero tolerance. You could of been sitting there getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter without fighting back and you still probably would of been suspended. So they're going to avoid fighting as much as possible.

Though if I were going to be suspended either way, I'd probably pop the kid in the mouth who was trying to fight me.

The kids getting picked on usually are the types who actually care about their studies. When I was in high school not too long ago mind you, it was zero tolerance. You could of been sitting there getting your ass handed to you on a silver platter without fighting back and you still probably would of been suspended. So they're going to avoid fighting as much as possible.

Avoid fighting only to end up turning your frustration inwards until it drives you to suicide???

I don't know dude, the suspension is better than DEATH. If you really cared that much about your studies, you wouldn't be considering killing yourself.

It ain't the rules these kids are worried about. They're afraid to own what and who it is that they are, and they let people walk all over them.

If you're gay, you're gay. So what. Fucking own it and defend it. No one is going to call the gay kid a faggot after he lays a so-called bully the fuck out.

Worst case scenario, they move on to another target that WON'T defend themselves. Most of these bullies these days are just as big of pussies.

How on earth do 11 year olds even know what suicide is let alone how to do it???

Are parents just so unaware of whats going on in their childs life to let this happen??

homophobic? How to freakin 11 year olds know anything about homosexuality or sex period????

[ Avoid fighting only to end up turning your frustration inwards until it drives you to suicide???

I don't know dude, the suspension is better than DEATH. If you really cared that much about your studies, you wouldn't be considering killing yourself.

It ain't the rules these kids are worried about. They're afraid to own what and who it is that they are, and they let people walk all over them.

If you're gay, you're gay. So what. Fucking own it and defend it. No one is going to call the gay kid a faggot after he lays a so-called bully the fuck out.

Worst case scenario, they move on to another target that WON'T defend themselves. Most of these bullies these days are just as big of pussies.

Oh I understand, and I agree that it isn't worth it. Just saying why some of the reasoning might be. We have to remember that a 12 or 13 year old kid isn't going to think as logical as me or you. Heck, there is so much stuff I wish I could tell my 13 year old self. Heck, there's so much stuff I wish I could tell my 18 year old self. :lol:

How on earth do 11 year olds even know what suicide is let alone how to do it???

Are parents just so unaware of whats going on in their childs life to let this happen??

homophobic? How to freakin 11 year olds know anything about homosexuality or sex period????

You haven't watched TV in a long time apparently.

Suicide, homosexuality, etc, is all over the tube nowadays.

MTV is enough to make these kids lose their damn minds.

But you're right, if an 11 year old is killing himself over name calling, the only question the needs to be asked is 'where the fuck were the parents?"

[ Avoid fighting only to end up turning your frustration inwards until it drives you to suicide???

Oh I understand, and I agree that it isn't worth it. Just saying why some of the reasoning might be. We have to remember that a 12 or 13 year old kid isn't going to think as logical as me or you. Heck, there is so much stuff I wish I could tell my 13 year old self. Heck, there's so much stuff I wish I could tell my 18 year old self. :lol:

Yeah but it doesn't take complex logic to understand that avoiding fighting because you don't want a suspension is not nearly as bad as kiling yourself.

If you're so wrapped up in your studies and your future, why are you KILLING YOURSELF?

That's pretty simply logic.

Yeah but it doesn't take complex logic to understand that avoiding fighting because you don't want a suspension is not nearly as bad as kiling yourself.

If you're so wrapped up in your studies and your future, why are you KILLING YOURSELF?

That's pretty simply logic.

*Shrugs* Wish I could tell you. There is plenty of blame to go around for this and other cases.

Like you said for example, where are the parents in this?

Last edited:
As with any story, there's probably way more information worth gathering before any conclusions are drawn.

I hate bullying. It's interesting how they gotta make it some homosexual rights issue, like an 11 child would now that he is a homo.

Something is missing in this story.

You haven't watched TV in a long time apparently.

Suicide, homosexuality, etc, is all over the tube nowadays.

MTV is enough to make these kids lose their damn minds.

But you're right, if an 11 year old is killing himself over name calling, the only question the needs to be asked is 'where the fuck were the parents?"

Don't forget the internet Facebook, myspace, etc,..........and every lazy parent's favorite baby sitter, video games.

How could you not know your child is hurting so bad that they kill themself? Really, it's so sad and tragic.

Don't forget the internet Facebook, myspace, etc,..........and every lazy parent's favorite baby sitter, video games.

How could you not know your child is hurting so bad that they kill themself? Really, it's so sad and tragic.

I agree completely about the internet, but not so much about video games. If only because I cannot think of one game where something like homosexuality is even a primary issue. Same thing for suicide. Though if a kid is 11 and is playing games like Grand Theft Auto and thinking it's okay, then that person has failed as a parent in that aspect.

Survival of the fittest. If these kids can't take a being bullied, they are doing the species a favor by removing themselves from the gene pool. We already have enough liberals. :lol:

Seriously though, kids today are way too sensitive.

Why would an 11 year old not know he's gay?

11 year olds can have sexual thoughts. When you find the boys in your class to be more physically interesting than the girls, that might be your first clue.

Forum List

Back