Two doctors clearly state why masks just don't work

Oh the left doesn't want to hear this, because they want easy solution to a complex problem. But masks don't work.

"Dr. Jerome Adams, the Surgeon General tweeted, “Seriously people – STOP BUYING MASKS! They are NOT effective in preventing the general public from catching Coronavirus”

Dr. Anthony Fauci told 60 minutes, “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask”.

In April, the New England Journal of Medicine wrote: “we know that wearing a mask outside of health care facilities offers little, if any protection from infection”.

What changed? Well, it wasn’t the science.

Because in 2019, if we saw a father struggling to muzzle a terrified, crying 2-year old child on a plane with a cloth, we would report them to authorities for possible child abuse. In 2021, we kick the whole family off the plane unless the father is successful in his efforts.

Because it is increasingly apparent that the basis for the mask mandate is not medical, but political.

Because fear and panic should not prevail over actual evidence, even when many powerful institutions have expended so much political capital promoting the wrong policy.

We wish masks worked.

We wished we didn’t have to fight about them.

But they don’t.

And we do. "

Really sad the world we live in. Just shut up and wear the damn mask, right? This is a damn good read and worth reading.
You're quoting from a year ago. You should realize much has been learned about this virus since then. Doctors wear masks in hospitals. Why would they do that if they did nothing? Direct answer please

Direct answer? Read the fucking article, it talks about just what you said.

No, NOTHING has been learned. Science is science. We knew about infectious diseases long before Covid. Covid is just another illness carried through the air. They're all the same. A cloth mask does nothing and doctors are agreeing with me.

Doctors wear masks in hospitals because they wear them once, and its a surgical mask. Not a cloth mask sold in Wal Mafrt. They are also in SURGERY, not in public. They NEVER REUSE THE MASK and NEVER LET ANYONE ELSE TOUCH IT.

The difference btw surgical masks and these paper and cloth ones you see in Wal Mart is the difference btw a Pinto and a Ferrari. Yea they might both be vehicles but that's pretty much where the similarities end.
I agree big difference between a N95 with face shield and a bandana. One would obviously be more protected with the N95 and shield. Would you like to increase the requirements to that?

No, I want the REQUIREMENT to wear a face diaper in public to be lifted as it's a violation of my rights. I do NOT have to wear a fucking mask on my face. It's ridiculous. These things don't work, California is a PRIME EXAMPLE of masks NOT WORKING.

Care to answer my question? I answered yours. If masks work, why do Cali and Florida have roughly the same infection rate per capita (florida actually being a tiny bit less) when one state is mandatory masks and the other is no mask requirements?
Because of population density and tourism

The two states are very similar. Both have huge tourist populations. Same climates, same populations. If anything Cali is far more spread out which would slow the spread. So Florida, which is more packed, has a lower covid rate than Cali which is huge and spread out. Cali has 165000 sq miles of area, Florida, 65000. Cali has about 224 people per square mile. Florida has 289 people per square mile. So Florida is MORE densely populated than Cali and yet has no mask mandate and a slightly lower infection rate.

So you wanna try again? Your argument backs ME up, not you. So thanks, you're helping to make my argument for me.

Last edited:
Oh the left doesn't want to hear this, because they want easy solution to a complex problem. But masks don't work.

"Dr. Jerome Adams, the Surgeon General tweeted, “Seriously people – STOP BUYING MASKS! They are NOT effective in preventing the general public from catching Coronavirus”

Dr. Anthony Fauci told 60 minutes, “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask”.

In April, the New England Journal of Medicine wrote: “we know that wearing a mask outside of health care facilities offers little, if any protection from infection”.

Because in 2019, if we saw a father struggling to muzzle a terrified, crying 2-year old child on a plane with a cloth, we would report them to authorities for possible child abuse. In 2021, we kick the whole family off the plane unless the father is successful in his efforts.

Because it is increasingly apparent that the basis for the mask mandate is not medical, but political.

Because fear and panic should not prevail over actual evidence, even when many powerful institutions have expended so much political capital promoting the wrong policy.

We wish masks worked.

But they don’t.

And we do. "

Really sad the world we live in. Just shut up and wear the damn mask, right? This is a damn good read and worth reading.
You're quoting from a year ago. You should realize much has been learned about this virus since then. Doctors wear masks in hospitals. Why would they do that if they did nothing? Direct answer please

No, NOTHING has been learned. Science is science. We knew about infectious diseases long before Covid. Covid is just another illness carried through the air. They're all the same. A cloth mask does nothing and doctors are agreeing with me.

Doctors wear masks in hospitals because they wear them once, and its a surgical mask. Not a cloth mask sold in Wal Mafrt. They are also in SURGERY, not in public. They NEVER REUSE THE MASK and NEVER LET ANYONE ELSE TOUCH IT.

The difference btw surgical masks and these paper and cloth ones you see in Wal Mart is the difference btw a Pinto and a Ferrari. Yea they might both be vehicles but that's pretty much where the similarities end.
I agree big difference between a N95 with face shield and a bandana. One would obviously be more protected with the N95 and shield. Would you like to increase the requirements to that?

No, I want the REQUIREMENT to wear a face diaper in public to be lifted as it's a violation of my rights. I do NOT have to wear a fucking mask on my face. It's ridiculous. These things don't work, California is a PRIME EXAMPLE of masks NOT WORKING.

Care to answer my question? I answered yours. If masks work, why do Cali and Florida have roughly the same infection rate per capita (florida actually being a tiny bit less) when one state is mandatory masks and the other is no mask requirements?

The two states are very similar. Both have huge tourist populations. Same climates, same populations. If anything Cali is far more spread out which would slow the spread. So Florida, which is more packed, has a lower covid rate than Cali which is huge and spread out.

So you wanna try again? Your argument backs ME up, not you. So thanks, you're helping to make my argument for me.
oh no, not even close. Los Angeles through San Diego and SF are a few of the largest and most dense cities in the USA. And Cali gets way more tourism travel than Florida. You aren't comparing apples to apples

I spent $7,000 on orthodonture ... I'm not wearing a frakkin' mask!

1c5f44d08e2b95c887c28d6f0e45b855.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Is everyone you see walking around wearing the medical grade masks that doctors do?

We wish masks worked.

But they don’t.

And we do. "

The two states are very similar. Both have huge tourist populations. Same climates, same populations. If anything Cali is far more spread out which would slow the spread. So Florida, which is more packed, has a lower covid rate than Cali which is huge and spread out.

oh no, not even close. Los Angeles through San Diego and SF are a few of the largest and most dense cities in the USA. And Cali gets way more tourism travel than Florida. You aren't comparing apples to apples

They are close enough. You can't find two more similar states in the US to compare that have OPPOSITE mask requirements.

So answer the question. Why is cali in full lockdown and having record covid numbers and florida is open for business and is not with a LARGER population density? Don't' just make shit up, when you come up with an answer, come up with a link to back it up. I can easily link to my information. It's in the OP. You just say shit and then say "prove me wrong." Don't work that way. You say shit, back it up or its bullshit and will be ignored.

You said population density and I showed you were wrong with real numbers, population divided by land size. You haven't proven a single thing I say wrong. So it's pretty much a consensus, you lose.

Last edited:

Is everyone you see walking around wearing the medical grade masks that doctors do?
No, I only see a small percent wearing the N95s

We wish masks worked.

But they don’t.

And we do. "

They are close enough. You can't find two more similar states in the US to compare that have OPPOSITE mask requirements.

So answer the question. Why is cali in full lockdown and having record covid numbers and florida is open for business and is not with a LARGER population density? Don't' just make shit up, when you come up with an answer, come up with a link to back it up. I can easily link to my information. It's in the OP. You just say shit and then say "prove me wrong." Don't work that way. You say shit, back it up or its bullshit and will be ignored.

You said population density and I showed you were wrong with real numbers, population divided by land size. You haven't proven a single thing I say wrong. So it's pretty much a consensus, you lose.
Statewide population density is useless as most of Cali is open farmland or mountains. The density of cities, population of cities and flow of travel are the important factors.

Maybe YOU are too stupid to be told the truth and allowed to make informed decisions about your life. But please don't kid yourself that you're representative of anyone but other genetic throwbacks like yourself.

Your bitterness and hatefulness are rampant among Leftists. You always pretend to be SO SMART and SO SUPERIOR that you seem to believe your own arrogant pretensions.
You just earned a spot on my Ignore List.

This is from doctors, not Leftists like you and Gruesome Newsom:

A single Sars-Cov-2 virus is about 0.1 micron

The vast majority of particles, 80 – 90%, in exhaled breath are smaller than a micron, and pass through masks like dust through a screen. Masks have almost no chance of catching most of the particles we exhale.

“Surgical masks should not be used for respiratory protection.” – “Filtration Performance of FDA-Cleared Surgical Masks, 2009 paper

“Measures such as physical distancing by 6 feet would not be helpful in an indoor setting, provide a false sense of security, and lead to exposures and outbreaks.” – International Journal of Infectious Diseases, November 2020

The four most important words in medicine are “First, do no harm.” Disruptions, social distancing, closure of schools, businesses, government agencies, travel, and life as we know it have done profound harm, psychologically, emotionally, financially, legally, and medically.

“We did not find evidence that surgical-type face masks are effective in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza transmission.” – Emerging Infectious Diseases, a Centers for Disease Control Journal

(https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-09994_article)

Researchers in Vietnam found healthcare workers who wore cloth masks were more likely to develop infections than those who wore surgical masks as well as a third control group who were not required to wear masks at all.

(https:www.nci.nim.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4420971/)

Mask wearing “did not reduce, at conventional levels of statistical significance, the incidence of Sars-Cov-2 infection.” – Danish study, covering approximately 5,000 people, November 18, 2020

“My mask protects you,” goes one virtue signaling mantra – No it does not. “An epidemic is not driven by asymptomatic carriers,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci at a January press conference

Asymptomatic transmission “is very rare.” Maria Van Kerkhove, senior World Health Organization scientist, June 8, 2020

"Do we need to shelter in place? Our answer is emphatically "NO."
"Do we need businesses to be shut down? Emphatically "NO"."
"I don't want to hide in my home and develop a weak immune system."
"My colleagues are telling me, 'You know, I'm being pressured to put Covid on the death certificates I prepare."
"This is not about science and it is not about Covid. When they use the word 'safe' that's about controlling you."
"When I talk to my doctors who work in the hospitals, same opinion." - Dr. Dan Erickson, ER Physician and owner of Accelerated Urgent Care (May 20, 2020)

Four studies showed that “between 0% and 2.2% of people with asymptomatic infection infected anyone else.” – World Health Organization, July 2020

“The widespread use of masks by healthy people is not yet supported by high quality or direct scientific evidence.” World Health Organization, June 5, 2020

“I want to make it be a symbol for people to see that that’s the kind of thing you should be doing.” – May 27, 2020

Virtue signaling politics, not medicine, not science.

Who in the actual fuck are you talking to and calling a "leftist", asshole? That's MY post you're allegedly responding to, and if you're fucktarded enough to think I'M a leftist in any way, shape, or form, then there's a good reason why I act like I'm superior: BECAUSE I AM.

Feel free to ignore me. It's obvious that I will miss nothing whatsoever.

Hospitals filling up with Covid patients is all anyone needs to try and do something pro-active.

As for why the Florida and CAli are 'the same', just watch some of the many newscasts from both states where people are thronging through the markets and beaches shoulder to shoulder and most without masks.

And, even if masks aren't 100% effective, say only 20%, that's still better than nothing; some of those virii will get stopped. Using the same 'logic' used by the conspiracy fans, everyone in my family wears masks out in public, and none of them have caught covid, which is proof masks are 100% effective by the standards used by the complainers.

Maybe YOU are too stupid to be told the truth and allowed to make informed decisions about your life. But please don't kid yourself that you're representative of anyone but other genetic throwbacks like yourself.

Your bitterness and hatefulness are rampant among Leftists. You always pretend to be SO SMART and SO SUPERIOR that you seem to believe your own arrogant pretensions.

The vast majority of particles, 80 – 90%, in exhaled breath are smaller than a micron, and pass through masks like dust through a screen. Masks have almost no chance of catching most of the particles we exhale.

“Surgical masks should not be used for respiratory protection.” – “Filtration Performance of FDA-Cleared Surgical Masks, 2009 paper

“Measures such as physical distancing by 6 feet would not be helpful in an indoor setting, provide a false sense of security, and lead to exposures and outbreaks.” – International Journal of Infectious Diseases, November 2020

The four most important words in medicine are “First, do no harm.” Disruptions, social distancing, closure of schools, businesses, government agencies, travel, and life as we know it have done profound harm, psychologically, emotionally, financially, legally, and medically.

“We did not find evidence that surgical-type face masks are effective in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza transmission.” – Emerging Infectious Diseases, a Centers for Disease Control Journal

Researchers in Vietnam found healthcare workers who wore cloth masks were more likely to develop infections than those who wore surgical masks as well as a third control group who were not required to wear masks at all.

Mask wearing “did not reduce, at conventional levels of statistical significance, the incidence of Sars-Cov-2 infection.” – Danish study, covering approximately 5,000 people, November 18, 2020

“My mask protects you,” goes one virtue signaling mantra – No it does not. “An epidemic is not driven by asymptomatic carriers,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci at a January press conference

Asymptomatic transmission “is very rare.” Maria Van Kerkhove, senior World Health Organization scientist, June 8, 2020

"My colleagues are telling me, 'You know, I'm being pressured to put Covid on the death certificates I prepare."
"This is not about science and it is not about Covid. When they use the word 'safe' that's about controlling you."
"When I talk to my doctors who work in the hospitals, same opinion." - Dr. Dan Erickson, ER Physician and owner of Accelerated Urgent Care (May 20, 2020)

Four studies showed that “between 0% and 2.2% of people with asymptomatic infection infected anyone else.” – World Health Organization, July 2020

“The widespread use of masks by healthy people is not yet supported by high quality or direct scientific evidence.” World Health Organization, June 5, 2020

“I want to make it be a symbol for people to see that that’s the kind of thing you should be doing.” – May 27, 2020

Who in the actual fuck are you talking to and calling a "leftist", asshole? That's MY post you're allegedly responding to, and if you're fucktarded enough to think I'M a leftist in any way, shape, or form, then there's a good reason why I act like I'm superior: BECAUSE I AM.

Hospitals filling up with Covid patients is all anyone needs to try and do something pro-active.

As for why the Florida and CAli are 'the same', just watch some of the many newscasts from both states where people are thronging through the markets and beaches shoulder to shoulder and most without masks.

And, even if masks aren't 100% effective, say only 20%, that's still better than nothing; some of those virii will get stopped. Using the same 'logic' used by the conspiracy fans, everyone in my family wears masks out in public, and none of them have caught covid, which is proof masks are 100% effective by the standards used by the complainers.

"Never mind all that logic stuff!!! Bad things are happening, and you MUST PANIC AND LOOK LIKE YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING!!!"

"Never mind all that logic stuff!!! Bad things are happening, and you MUST PANIC AND LOOK LIKE YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING!!!"

lol wearing a mask is ' panicing;? A lot of people were wearing them every flu season already. It's hardly 'panicing'; what's 'panicing' are a cult of conpiratards who think this is all just one step closer to banning their breakfast beer and making their meth harder to get. And 'micro chips!!!' Don't never forgit those!!!'

Hospitals are not filling up with Covid patients....of the current 9,823,614 active cases, or 2.9% of the US population, a mere 23,666 cases are critical. That is a tiny .24% of current cases.

lol wearing a mask is ' panicing;? A lot of people were wearing them every flu season already. It's hardly 'panicing'; what's 'panicing' are a cult of conpiratards who think this is all just one step closer to banning their breakfast beer and making their meth harder to get. And 'micro chips!!!' Don't never forgit those!!!'
Wearing a mask is the typical liberal activity known as lemming

"LOL" Yeah, it is, if you're obsessively clinging to "We just need STRICTER MASK MANDATES!! That'll fix the problem!!"

And by the way, dimwit, the plural of "virus" in English is "viruses". In Latin, it would be "virus". "Virii" is not a word. If you really want to sound more intelligent, do it by incorporating some maturity and logic, rather than by making nonsense sounds and pretending you're saying something.

"LOL" Yeah, it is, if you're obsessively clinging to "We just need STRICTER MASK MANDATES!! That'll fix the problem!!"

And by the way, dimwit, the plural of "virus" in English is "viruses". In Latin, it would be "virus". "Virii" is not a word. If you really want to sound more intelligent, do it by incorporating some maturity and logic, rather than by making nonsense sounds and pretending you're saying something.

LOL thanks for outing yourself yet again as an emotionally retarded loon. You and the other tards are the 'lemmings', dumbass.

Says a Herd follower merly repeating the standard stupid memes like a good little puppet. Hospitals in some major cities are running out of beds, which is not due to flu or any other disease, dumbass. Nobody cares if you found 5 empty ones in Pooddung Utah, population 12.

Says a Herd follower merly repeating the srndard stupid memes like a good little puppet.
Herd follower? Didn't you loons write a book about being lemmings??? And the only thing I repeat are statistics, which of course the libbers hate.

We wish masks worked.

But they don’t.

And we do. "

Since the MSM and the establishment chose to make wearing a mask a political issue, something is suspicious.

Says a Herd follower merly repeating the standard stupid memes like a good little puppet. Hospitals in some major cities are running out of beds, which is not due to flu or any other disease, dumbass. Nobody cares if you found 5 empty ones in Pooddung Utah, population 12.
9,823,614 cases in US of which 23,666 are critical. So by your constant whining .2% of the US hospitals are "running out of beds". Who is the herd follower??

9,823,614 cases in US of which 23,666 are critical. So by your constant whining .2% of the US hospitals are "running out of beds". Who is the herd follower??

LOL it's you and your fellow tree house nutjobs doing the constant whining, dufus. most people respect private property and comply with business peoples' requests re the rules on their property. Have another tantrum, kid.

Forum List

Back