Two Different Americas

No such thing as 'devolved'.
I beg to differ. Going from good to not so good is a devolution- like it or not.

de·volve

degenerate or be split into.
"the Empire devolved into separate warring states"

When things get confusing

Dictionary.com Is The World’s Favorite Online Dictionary
The terms "good" and "not so good" are subjective and therefore meaningless in the discussion of evolution. Things evolve in reaction to the current environment. In an society where many people have no savings or safety net they may starve when the economy goes into a recession. Society may react by mandating people save money. The society has now changed/evolved. Is the 'new' society "good" or "not so good"? Depends on your values.

Number 2. Times have changed. Average life span used to be like 45 in 1910. People worked until they died of something. Modern medicine has doubled our lifespan in just a few decades. Since nobody wants to work when they're 80 the gov't had to do something to provide income for these people while they were alive but retired.
Perhaps at this point the aged has more then the younger ones by a large margin. Maybe the houses need to be large with the elderly living with their children and their families. Smaller social security checks and a common sense approach to medicine that has turned into a business would save us massive amounts of revenue and given us more resources for other agendas. That at this point does not seem doable.

Undocumented car owner/car thief
Unpermitted wolf whistles. Sexual predator
Accidental sexual encounter fueled by both on meth.Rape
Mis-spoke. Lie like a mofo.
Don't remember. LieD like a mofo.
Involuntary manslaughter. Didn't know the bat was that heavy.

Notice Lolly'z wording. "Never saw" would be purjury

Last edited:
There have been two completely different Americas in U.S. history. Let’s examine twelve ways in which they differ.

1. For more than a century after the United States came into existence, there was no income taxation or IRS. People were free to keep everything they earned and decide for themselves what to do with it.

Today, income taxation and the IRS are a core feature of American life. The government essentially owns everyone’s income and decides how much people will be permitted to keep, much as a parent permits his children to have an allowance.

it's nothing new that we have always been divided but the article points out some distinct differences between the founding and now.

2 through 12 are here.
It’s sad how far we have fallen. A once great nation destroyed by too much government. Old story.

Depends on who you ask, what great period have we fallen from?
Read the OP.

I did.
I’m not a teacher. I can’t educate the dumb.

There have been two completely different Americas in U.S. history. Let’s examine twelve ways in which they differ.

1. For more than a century after the United States came into existence, there was no income taxation or IRS. People were free to keep everything they earned and decide for themselves what to do with it.

Today, income taxation and the IRS are a core feature of American life. The government essentially owns everyone’s income and decides how much people will be permitted to keep, much as a parent permits his children to have an allowance.

it's nothing new that we have always been divided but the article points out some distinct differences between the founding and now.

2 through 12 are here.
It’s sad how far we have fallen. A once great nation destroyed by too much government. Old story.

Read the OP.

I did.
I’m not a teacher. I can’t educate the dumb.

Blind can't lead the blind either.

2 through 12 are here.

While not perfect, I really like the 1950’s

2 through 12 are here.

I am pretty sure you did, you could openly discriminate and be a racist.

2 through 12 are here.

I said the 50’s were not perfect

but in many important ways blacks were better off then also

For instance more black children grew up in two parent homes and therefore escaped the craziness of the liberal welfare culture

2 through 12 are here.

For instance more black children grew up in two parent homes and therefore escaped the craziness of the liberal welfare culture

Yea all they had to worry about was their parents not being allowed to vote, parents being unpaid and cheated, losing their job if they spoke up for their rights, their father being beaten, murdered or lynched. Yea we had it so much better on those days. Smfh.

2 through 12 are here.

I laugh my arse off every time I see this clip

Yea all they had to worry about was their parents not being allowed to vote, parents being unpaid and cheated, losing their job if they spoke up for their rights, their father being beaten, murdered or lynched. Yea we had it so much better on those days. Smfh.
If I listen to the bleating of black race hustlers today the fortunes of black people are no better today

if I were black I would still prefer growing up in an intact family with high moral standards than the situation many blacks are in today

You fail to see that today, half of the black people are murdered before they are born by their own mother's requests. This nation is going to change that. Many of us do not approve of huge, powerful people snuffing out the lives of human beings in the developmental stage in their mother's bodies. God blessed humanity with a future. Their children are that future, not money, not property, not politics. Human beings created by sex according to God's natural laws have always been our future. Stopping people from being born is wrong. And dismembering their bodies in their mother while they are still alive wreaks of torture that is not allowed in warfare by the human rights' arm of the United Nations, and yet even the United Nations approves of killing human beings using abortion killing equipment, even though scientific tests have proven death and dismemberment in the womb is heinous pain to the baby and socially, it's a dirty, rotten shame that greedy-for-money abortion medical personnel will hold down by force a mother who changes her mind mid-process until that little human being in her body is dead, dead, dead.

If I listen to the bleating of black race hustlers today the fortunes of black people are no better today.{/quote]

Really, who are some of these black race hustlers and what are they saying?

if I were black I would still prefer growing up in an intact family with high moral standards than the situation many blacks are in today

Many black folks grow up today in intact families and does that mean many white families have never had high moral standards. You can't have high moral standards and treat another human being less than yourself.

If I listen to the bleating of black race hustlers today the fortunes of black people are no better today.{/quote]

Many black folks grow up today in intact families and does that mean many white families have never had high moral standards. You can't have high moral standards and treat another human being less than yourself.
You are complaining about the treatment of black people 70 years ago

so leave white families out of this

there was much to like for all Americans 70 years ago that few people enjoy today

least of all black people who have the lowest rate of two-parent families today and suffer the most from that unfortunate condition

People will fight if they perceive another group gets more benefits or money than they. War happens when the perception grows large enough.

That's why the Democrats woo journalists into become parrots for their communistic hopes. The more communist they are, the more American patriots hate the damn Democrats.

Oh, and dollar for dollar, the Democrats are richer than Republicans, because when you pick a pocket or two, you sure as hell don't tell the IRS.

there was much to like for all Americans 70 years ago that few people enjoy today

least of all black people who have the lowest rate of two-parent families today and suffer the most from that unfortunate condition

You are an idiot if you think black folks had it better 70 years ago.

People will fight if they perceive another group gets more benefits or money than they. War happens when the perception grows large enough.

That's why the Democrats woo journalists into become parrots for their communistic hopes. The more communist they are, the more American patriots hate the damn Democrats.

Oh, and dollar for dollar, the Democrats are richer than Republicans, because when you pick a pocket or two, you sure as hell don't tell the IRS.

Who are the American Patriots and what makes you a Patriot?

You are an idiot if you think black folks had it better 70 years ago.
In some ways as I have already explained I think they did have it better

but certainly the complaints of the black race hustlers have not diminished

if anything you are louder than ever proclaiming the misery of black folks

Forum List

Back