Two Constitutional Questions about Build Back Better:

Not to mention, "general welfare" implies the collective. Not the individual.
Not that you statist assholes ever care about terminology, context or intent.
I can tell you are a little short on who's the definition of general welfare you are using you are using.

The farmers will not give away their crops to feed people so the govt. must by the source of foodstuffs or allow funds allocated to individuals to buy the farmer's products.
I am sure it was an oversite on your part, but you forgot to provide a link that shows it is in the constitution,,

That is ALWAYS the case when you are discussing fed gov power with authoritarians like moonglow
Federal papers from the founders discussed the laws of the Constitution to give an insight into what they were thinking and what motivation can be applied.

Not to mention, "general welfare" implies the collective. Not the individual.
Not that you statist assholes ever care about terminology, context or intent.
Laws and expenditures do not work like that
There is no way for everyone to be affected the same by any legislation.
Roads and bridges help some people and not others
Schools help some and not others
Farm subsidies help some and not others
Cancer research helps some and not others

But as a whole, they support the General Welfare of We the People

Federal papers from the founders discussed the laws of the Constitution to give an insight into what they were thinking and what motivation can be applied.
Like number 41?
“For what purpose could the enumeration of particular powers be inserted, if these and all others were meant to be included in the preceding general power?”
Thanks for reminding me.
/thread

Like number 41?
“For what purpose could the enumeration of particular powers be inserted, if these and all others were meant to be included in the preceding general power?”
Thanks for reminding me.
/thread
Yo rightwinger ^^^
Of course, intent matters not to you and your ilk :(

Sorry but I dont allow some 18th century slaveholding aristocrat define what my Government can do for me
Actually, thats exactly what he did, you stupid fuck. He wrote the enumerated powers list in the constitution.
Every person that signed the constitution defined what the govt can do for you.

See? You leftists are so disingenuous its fucking PATHETIC.
"the general welfare means blah blah blah" "idc what he says even though he wrote the part that i cling to justify my statism"
You guys are the stupidest mother fuckers on the planet.

Actually, thats exactly what he did, you stupid fuck. He wrote the enumerated powers list in the constitution.
Every person that signed the constitution defined what the govt can do for you.
Actually, they dont and nobody has accepted your definition in over 200 years

If you believe laws passed by Congress are outside their Constitutional authority……why dont you challenge them?

Nobody else has

Forum List

Back