Zone1 Two Classic Movies Are Getting “Diverse” Remakes That No One Wants

The leftists using the “waaaacist!” attack line are onky pretending not to know what this signifies: the favoritism being shown 13% of the population.

The classic movies ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’ and ‘The Wizard of Oz’ are about to get remade for the sake of “diversity” according to a director and writer currently working on the scripts.

Variety reports that Kenya Barris, creator of the show ‘Black-ish’, wants to give the 1939 Judy Garland tale, as well as the 1946 Jimmy Stewart Christmas classic, a makeover which will involve telling the stories from a “different point of a view,” with “diverse characters.”

Two Classic Movies Are Getting “Diverse” Remakes That No One Wants - modernity

They already did the black Wizard of Oz in 1978. These woke culture creators of today have zero originality. They are a parasitic culture that feeds of the host culture.

Investors are putting millions of dollars into the effort.
Someone wants it.

AND

OMG! A Black completely fantasy character!

The classic movies ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’ and ‘The Wizard of Oz’ are about to get remade for the sake of “diversity” according to a director and writer currently working on the scripts.

Variety reports that Kenya Barris, creator of the show ‘Black-ish’, wants to give the 1939 Judy Garland tale, as well as the 1946 Jimmy Stewart Christmas classic, a makeover which will involve telling the stories from a “different point of a view,” with “diverse characters.”

Two Classic Movies Are Getting “Diverse” Remakes That No One Wants - modernity

They already did the black Wizard of Oz in 1978. These woke culture creators of today have zero originality. They are a parasitic culture that feeds of the host culture.

The problem for Hollywood is that by the time Baby Boomers took over the place most of the original ideas for great films had already been done

All they can do is stand on the shoulders of film makers who came before them, hoping that CGI and more nudity will be enough

Last edited:
Perhaps the word "fantasy" escaped you?

Or, perhaps you could point to an historical elf or mermaid.
No it didn’t. I guess my whole post escaped you. Here, think you can identify the historical figure from the fantasy? From post #6 -

CC3B1E41-7123-4A1A-A683-58B07E6A4060.jpeg

No it didn’t. I guess my whole post escaped you. Here, think you can identify the historical figure from the fantasy? From post #6 -

View attachment 892947
All are historical.
I think the word that escapes you is "mythical"
Mythical; characters are historic as part of a cultures history.

Tolkien Elves, orcs, and the Little Mermaid are fantasy not mythical or historic.

All are historical.
I think the word that escapes you is "mythical"
Mythical; characters are historic as part of a cultures history.

Tolkien Elves, orcs, and the Little Mermaid are fantasy not mythical or historic.
Dance away the point you were trying to make. You said “OMG a black fantasy character”. I pointed out I had already provided examples of real non-fantasy people being race-swapped. People who actually existed. Both “fantasy” and “mythical” are words you introduced to the discussion, not me.

Dance away the point you were trying to make. You said “OMG a black fantasy character”. I pointed out I had already provided examples of real non-fantasy people being race-swapped. People who actually existed. Both “fantasy” and “mythical” are words you introduced to the discussion, not me.
so you think Zeus was White?

And

Never heard anyone complaining about your "examples" so we'll assume you spend hours cruising the interwebs looking for justifications for your racism.

so you think Zeus was White?

And

Never heard anyone complaining about your "examples" so we'll assume you spend hours cruising the interwebs looking for justifications for your racism.
What a half witted straw man argument. Then I guess you think Joan of Arc was black. Clearly your fragility is behind your poorly orchestrated argument. Are you white?

The problem with redoing movies putting in blacks as the lead character is what it signifies: the left’s focus on 13% of the population and trying to eliminate bad whitey.

The problem with redoing movies putting in blacks as the lead character is what it signifies: the left’s focus on 13% of the population and trying to eliminate bad whitey.
I’m a racist for thinking it’s stupid but if they race-swapped a black character out it would also be blamed racism and there would be looting-justice across the country. It’s always “racism” unless you submit to these woke dullards.

I’m a racist for thinking it’s stupid but if they race-swapped a black character out it would also be blamed racism and there would be looting-justice across the country. It’s always “racism” unless you submit to these woke dullards.
Yup. Our previous Governor, up for re-election and making a last-minute attempt to bribe blacks, proposed a two-level payscale for teachers: a higher one for blacks and a lower one for whites.

He then said, in the usual attempt to silence critics, that anyone objecting to paying blacks more for the same job is racist.

P.S. He lost.

What a half witted straw man argument. Then I guess you think Joan of Arc was black. Clearly your fragility is behind your poorly orchestrated argument. Are you white?
I don't look at the race of an actor playing a part.

I look at the skill of the actor playing a part.

I've made no "guesses" as to any fictional, fantasy, mythical, historical character's race. That meaningless drivel fills your mind.

What does my race have to do with this? Thereby proving you are indeed a racist.

Well that is racist.

According to psychologists, an important step in rooting out systemic racism is to first acknowledge it, rather than deny or minimize its existence. A study published in the Journal of Counseling Psychology and led by Jacqueline Yi, a clinical-community psychology doctoral student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, looked at over 80 previous studies in which different types of color-blind ideology were found to increase anti-Black perspectives and give a pass to racist behaviors and attitudes.

Color-Blindness Perpetuates Structural Racism

So, you would be cool with Tom Hanks playing MLK right?

A7DFFC7B-EF5E-45BD-AAD4-08CE359393C6.jpeg

I've made no "guesses" as to any fictional, fantasy, mythical, historical character's race. That meaningless drivel fills your mind.

What does my race have to do with this? Thereby proving you are indeed a racist.
It what it signifies: favoritism toward blacks. THAT is racist.

Walking into Target and seeing 30 posters, 25 of whom are black, tells me that Target management is making race-based decisions to exclude whites from their advertising models.

Same thing when I get MACY’s flyers, and without exception each one features a black woman, or a black family, on the cover. Then you open up and see group shots of blacks, and a two-page spread showing blacks with the title “MACY’s Teams Up With Black Designers.”

Blacks are clearly now the favored race, and you don’t get rid of racism by targeting it against a different race. And you sure as hell don’t get rid of it by targeting a different persecuted minority - the Jews - and refusing to condemn calls for their genocide. And you don’t get rid of it by proudly announcing that no whites will be considered for the opening on the SCOTUS, or for the VP, or for the Press Secretaries.

If you libs keep insisting that skin color is the priority rather than merit, one of these days someone is going to forget to bolt the door to the plane.

Forum List

Back