Twitter Threatens to Sue Elon to Enforce the Sale, Apparently Doesn't Understand How Purchase Agreements Work

johngaltshrugged

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2020
With Elon Musk authorizing his reps to notify Twits of his intention to withdraw from the purchase agreement for cause, the wokesters who didn't want to make the sale in the first place now want to sue him to enforce the sale.
After refusing to provide the information necessary on bot accounts so he could go forward with his due diligence, they now want to take him to court in Delaware to force him to buy the company & all the fake accounts it allows.
If they don't want to admit that bots are well over 5% of accounts, which should spell legal problems with the SEC if proven true, maybe they shouldn't take this to court & face discovery?
Lefties rarely think things through all the way.
Besides, I thought the last thing they wanted was for Musk to take over & make it a free speech zone? Maybe they know this is going to tank the companies stock prices...

One Twit exec claimed that withdrawing from the purchase was like unilaterally canceling a mortgage.
Huh? The property hasn't changed hands yet Einstein.
This genius is an exec at twits.
He is cancelling a PA with cause for failing to disclose all relevant financial info in a timely manner as requested.
This is a breach of contract & Musk probably won't even have to pay a penalty.

BTW, I think the Twit realized how stupid he sounded & erased it after the fact.

And another Twitter exec, Tony Haile, commented, mocking Musk, “Just unilaterally cancelled my mortgage, really happy I don’t have to pay that anymore.”

Just unilaterally cancelled my mortgage, really happy I don't have to pay that anymore.
— Tony Haile (@arctictony) July 8, 2022

All silliness. Twitter was not harmed, other than to have its idiocy exposed. Twitter stockholders would be quite disappointed. because they won't be getting a 50% premium on their shares, but they have no standing to sue. I don't know the details on the supposed billion dollar penalty for withdrawing, but that's chump change.

Musk probably wasn't all too serious anyways. Maybe this was a ploy/hope to get Trump to try and come back?

Twitter is basically trash now, they did it to themselves. I'm sure creepy Canadian authorities ensured I was shadowbanned and stifled and twitter would only be all too happy to shut down a libertarian who calls out police abuses.

In the end, both twitter and Musks reputation take a hit as far as I am concerned. The guy should negotiate a much lower offer now. If not, go into hiding as I will conclude that you were not really interested in protecting/promoting free speech and serving a vital function for the world, maybe more interested in exposing Twitter, I don't know...

All silliness. Twitter was not harmed, other than to have its idiocy exposed. Twitter stockholders would be quite disappointed. because they won't be getting a 50% premium on their shares, but they have no standing to sue. I don't know the details on the supposed billion dollar penalty for withdrawing, but that's chump change.
The data shows that bot accounts comprise nearly 20% of the accounts. They are defrauding not only Musk, but they have also been defrauding investors and those who buy advertising on the site as the actual views of the adds is much less. This is going to end badly for these twitter idiots. Musk won't even have to pay the termination fee as it will be seen as bad faith on the part of twitter.

The fun is just beginning... just wait for the criminal defrauding by deception charges that are now sure to follow from advertisers and the SEC.

Forum List

Back