Elon Musk announces plans to sorta, not really resign as Twitter CEO

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Too funny...Musk hold a poll..finds out out..to no-ones surprise...that users want him gone..he says he'll leave..but not really, meanwhile...Twitter has lost billions in value. Tesla has lost billions in value:

Following an overwhelming response to his decidedly nonscientific polling over the weekend, Twitter CEO Elon Musk on Tuesday announced his plans to resign from the top executive position at the company he acquired in a $44 billion deal that closed in October.
Musk’s poll drew over 17.5 million responses from humans and bots, of which some 58% called for him to step down as the platform’s top executive. Musk remained mum about the poll results until Tuesday, when he tweeted he plans to resign, albeit not until he finds a CEO candidate “foolish enough to take the job.”

Should I step down as head of Twitter? I will abide by the results of this poll.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 18, 2022
Musk further qualified his intentions in the Tuesday posting, noting that he plans to continue running a significant segment of Twitter’s operations after a new CEO takes over.
“I will resign as CEO as soon as I find someone foolish enough to take the job!” Musk tweeted. “After that, I will just run the software & servers teams.”
Paid advertising on the platform, which boasts around 240 million daily users, is key to Twitter’s business model and reportedly accounts for about 90% of the company’s revenues. Twitter is on pace to lose $4 billion a year after the advertiser exodus, Wedbush Securities analyst Dan Ives estimated, according to CNN.

What’s been happening at Tesla since Elon Musk took over Twitter?

Tesla stock has been on a steady decline for the past year and, at one point, had lost almost a third of its value since late October when Musk took over Twitter.
Some Tesla investors have accused Musk of focusing on Twitter issues to the detriment of Tesla operations. And Musk has had to liquidate some of his Tesla stock holdings in order to cover expenses incurred by his Twitter purchase, sending stock prices even lower. But Tesla shares were up 5% in premarket trading after the poll results were revealed, per CNN.

“This has been a black eye moment for Musk and been a major overhang on Tesla’s stock which continues to suffer in a brutal way since the Twitter soap opera began with brand deterioration related to Musk a real issue,” Ives said in a note to clients Monday, according to CNN.

Too funny...Musk hold a poll..finds out out..to no-ones surprise...that users want him gone..he says he'll leave..but not really, meanwhile...Twitter has lost billions in value. Tesla has lost billions in value:

Following an overwhelming response to his decidedly nonscientific polling over the weekend, Twitter CEO Elon Musk on Tuesday announced his plans to resign from the top executive position at the company he acquired in a $44 billion deal that closed in October.
Musk’s poll drew over 17.5 million responses from humans and bots, of which some 58% called for him to step down as the platform’s top executive. Musk remained mum about the poll results until Tuesday, when he tweeted he plans to resign, albeit not until he finds a CEO candidate “foolish enough to take the job.”

Musk further qualified his intentions in the Tuesday posting, noting that he plans to continue running a significant segment of Twitter’s operations after a new CEO takes over.
“I will resign as CEO as soon as I find someone foolish enough to take the job!” Musk tweeted. “After that, I will just run the software & servers teams.”
Paid advertising on the platform, which boasts around 240 million daily users, is key to Twitter’s business model and reportedly accounts for about 90% of the company’s revenues. Twitter is on pace to lose $4 billion a year after the advertiser exodus, Wedbush Securities analyst Dan Ives estimated, according to CNN.

Tesla stock has been on a steady decline for the past year and, at one point, had lost almost a third of its value since late October when Musk took over Twitter.
Some Tesla investors have accused Musk of focusing on Twitter issues to the detriment of Tesla operations. And Musk has had to liquidate some of his Tesla stock holdings in order to cover expenses incurred by his Twitter purchase, sending stock prices even lower. But Tesla shares were up 5% in premarket trading after the poll results were revealed, per CNN.

“This has been a black eye moment for Musk and been a major overhang on Tesla’s stock which continues to suffer in a brutal way since the Twitter soap opera began with brand deterioration related to Musk a real issue,” Ives said in a note to clients Monday, according to CNN.
It will be banned by the US anyway.

Must the enfant terrible.

Excellent continued free PR for Wonderman .

Shares go down and then up again . Over the long term this is nothing news .

The only really significant change is a gigantic improvement in potential good housekeeping for a relatively new institution which had become horribly corrupted but which the Sheeple absurdly love and apparently need for their non stop rushes of mostly nonsense and inconsequential news .

It will be banned by the US anyway.
LOL, I know you would love to ban an American company that broke no laws. They only exposed collusion with the US government to silence US citizens, but those are citizens that you dont like so you want them to be banned for exposing it. What happened to integrity and doing the right thing? What happened to the democrat party? What the fuck happened to our country? This shit sucks.

Im now starting to think that the country should have a civil war. If this is how its going to be, then fuck it. Lets just start shooting each other and see who can kill the other side first.

Last edited:
They banned him for no reason. He broke NO rules! The president of the fucking United States!!! They were manipulating elections. Banning them seems reasonable in that context, but sure as fuck not for exposing government collusion to silemnce US citizens.

They banned him because he wouldn't stop promoting lies.

if you don't hear the sound of jackboots in America right now, it's probably because you're wearing them

~S~
Am i the one keeping people down? Are conservatives keeping ANYONE down?

They banned him because he wouldn't stop promoting lies.
No they didnt, nor was it a rule that anyone could be banned for in the first place. Would you like to try another angle or do you want to just be honest for a change?

Users don't want him gone, just the Establishment and their deep pocket donors. I bet 80% of the people who voted for him to leave aren't representative of the average user there, many I'm sure are on the site very rarely and exist for a purpose other than honest discourse.

......and you'll find there are many Americans who love fascism , albeit they'll never admit it Godboy

They'll squeal like stuck pigs when this is revealed to them

Then turn on you, and declare you the nazi

~S~

Musk is so great at trolling the stupid Moon Bats.

He never had any intentions of spending all his time running that thing. He has too many more interests, like going to the Moon.

If y'all actually understood how the corporate world works....it would actually help in having a reasonable conversation.

CEOs and CIOs are name brand hyped rock stars that sound good, look pretty, and take orders well. They don't have a lot of autonomy to do whatever they want...

What Musk brings to the table is a brand name that can hire the best up and coming talent of code monkey management and project management and project development.
That means that Twitter will eventually be the best and latest technology of social networking instead of a drum for politics.

Starlink, Tesla, and his reusable rockets, and the many other inventions and patents that he has brought to fruition are nothing to sneeze at. They are going to have lasting effects like Edison did with his group of inventors and inventions. Tesla did better and was smarter but was poorly funded and backed....Musk is following in Edison's shoes instead of Nicoli Tesla.

I tend to ignore all the hoopla surrounding him and look at the marketable technologies...Musk's new Electric Motors are going to be the new standard for electric vehicles (not necessarily cars and trucks)

He, himself didn't design it...but his team did. He's just the showman.

Forum List

Back