Turkey' Erdogan says Ukraine deserves to be a NATO member

Really? Any sign of it?
Yes, Prigozhin, formerly one of Putin's greatest supporters, has acknowledged what we all knew, that this war was built on a foundation of lies and that Putin was not competent to prosecute it and Putin\s current purge of his generals suspected of supporting Prigozhin. The very fact that Prigozhin is free to travel around Russia building support for himself should tell you Putin's end is near.

Yes, Prigozhin, formerly one of Putin's greatest supporters, has acknowledged what we all knew, that this war was built on a foundation of lies and that Putin was not competent to prosecute it and Putin\s current purge of his generals suspected of supporting Prigozhin. The very fact that Prigozhin is free to travel around Russia building support for himself should tell you Putin's end is near.
Poootin looks more as a loser than even trump.

Wow! Don't be that naïve. Wagner group (as any PMC) was useful only because it, formally, wasn't a government organization. To continue its usefulness (for example, in attack against Poland or Lithuania) they needed a formal 'divorce' with the government.

And yet you talk about him almost as much as your Trumpy.

JimH52 has PTDS, or Putin Trump Derangement Syndrome. In his feverish mind, Putin and Trump are eternally battling with each other over the control of his attention. He frantically switches the channel back and forth between The View, CNN, and MSNBC, looking for the next soundbyte to reassure him that he's not going crazy.

In JimH52's sleep, his dreams taunt him with visions of Trump pissing in the dark recesses of his temporal lobe, while Putin mocks him from behind his Cerebellum, drawing pictures of dicks on the inside of his cranial wall. At the same time in his Frontal lobe, Hillary is curled up in a fetal position, naked, shivering, and mumbling something about "pee tapes: and "emails."

Poor JimH52. He's really a mess. :laughing0301:

JimH52 has PTDS, or Putin Trump Derangement Syndrome. In his feverish mind, Putin and Trump are eternally battling with each other over the control of his attention. He frantically switches the channel back and forth between The View, CNN, and MSNBC, looking for the next soundbyte to reassure him that he's not going crazy.

In JimH52's sleep, his dreams taunt him with visions of Trump pissing in the dark recesses of his temporal lobe, while Putin mocks him from behind his Cerebellum, drawing pictures of dicks on the inside of his cranial wall. At the same time in his Frontal lobe, Hillary is curled up in a fetal position, naked, shivering, and mumbling something about "pee tapes: and "emails."

Poor JimH52. He's really a mess. :laughing0301:
Yes, poor jimboliar.

Our views also differ here. Growing ambitions of Putin’s Russia and centuries long paradigm of 'gathering of Russian lands'.
There was no expansion of Russian territory between 2000 to 2014 - and Russia, aka Putin had not attacked any neighbor - until Georgia attacked the Russian aligned separatists.
The Chechnya anti-terrorists war had already started under Yeltsin - which Putin brought to an end. - So what growing territorial ambitions? there were none. And that's a fact.

The only one with proven and continuous growing territorial ambitions since 1990 was and still is only NATO
Basically, I agree on a formula 'territories in exchange on peace and Western vector'. But some questions arise. What territories? I agree on Crimea and Donbas. But will the Russians leave the occupied lands and give up a land bridge to Crimea?
It's too late for that - NATO & Ukraine won't give up on their "unification". As such Putin won't give in either.
Neutrality. What does that mean on practice? Only refusing to join NATO? Or there will be other limits concerning foreign policy, the size of military and military cooperation?
Neutrality in my view - simply in-cooperates that Ukraine will not join any military alliance nor take any military aid from NATO countries - that pose a threat or opposition towards Russia. Ukraine can buy it's own weapon systems with their own money from whomever they wish. That if e.g. F-16's are purchased that they will automatically receive training from the USA is understood. Just like Switzerland received it's training for e.g. their F-18's.

Ukraine needs to rebuild it's country and therefore it would be realistic to extend a NATO security/assurance towards Ukraine for e.g. 10 years. - with a possible extension.
Russia needs to pull out from Crimea (aside from Sevastopol) and other occupied Ukrainian territory - whilst UN troops move in to prevent both sides from instigating unrest.

Otherwise Ukraine is free to do whatever a sovereign country is entitled to (see Switzerland) - Russia has no rights to make any other demands. It would be up to the Ukraine, Russia and foremost the UN, to guarantee free referendums in regards to Crimea and Donbas/Luhansk. A demilitarized zone for e.g. 10 years - 20-50km between Ukraine and Russia needs to be established.
Yes, without foreign troops. Who will want to do that?
I still don't get you - The S-Korean model exists due to the US having stationed troops and weaponry in S-Korea + having established respective trainings and structures to "unify" S-Korea's Armed Forces with those of the USA. There is no "neutral" South-Korea. Unlike N-Korea that does not harbor nor has integrated Russian or Chinese troops nor having established joint commands and operation structures.

Last edited:
There was no expansion of Russian territory between 2000 to 2014 - and Russia, aka Putin had not attacked any neighbor - until Georgia attacked the Russian aligned separatists.
The Chechnya anti-terrorists war had already started under Yeltsin - which Putin brought to an end. - So what growing territorial ambitions? there were none. And that's a fact.

The only one with proven and continuous growing territorial ambitions since 1990 was and still is only NATO

It's too late for that - NATO & Ukraine won't give up on their "unification". As such Putin won't give in either.

Neutrality in my view - simply in-cooperates that Ukraine will not join any military alliance nor take any military aid from NATO countries - that pose a threat or opposition towards Russia. Ukraine can buy it's own weapon systems with their own money from whomever they wish. That if e.g. F-16's are purchased that they will automatically receive training from the USA is understood. Just like Switzerland received it's training for e.g. their F-18's.

Ukraine needs to rebuild it's country and therefore it would be realistic to extend a NATO security/assurance towards Ukraine for e.g. 10 years. - with a possible extension.
Russia needs to pull out from Crimea (aside from Sevastopol) and other occupied Ukrainian territory - whilst UN troops move in to prevent both sides from instigating unrest.

Otherwise Ukraine is free to do whatever a sovereign country is entitled to (see Switzerland) - Russia has no rights to make any other demands. It would be up to the Ukraine, Russia and foremost the UN, to guarantee free referendums in regards to Crimea and Donbas/Luhansk. A demilitarized zone for e.g. 10 years - 20-50km between Ukraine and Russia needs to be established.

I still don't get you - The S-Korean model exists due to the US having stationed troops and weaponry in S-Korea + having established respective trainings and structures to "unify" S-Korea's Armed Forces with those of the USA. There is no "neutral" South-Korea. Unlike N-Korea that does not harbor nor has integrated Russian or Chinese troops nor having established joint commands and operation structures.
You both are still talking about territories, not about people. And people, their rights is the most important thing if you really want to establish a reliable peace. Without equal rights for the Russian-speakers and laymen of Ukrainain Orthodox Church (MP) the reliable peace (in any survived part of the former Ukraine) is impossible.

You both are still talking about territories, not about people. And people, their rights is the most important thing if you really want to establish a reliable peace. Without equal rights for the Russian-speakers and laymen of Ukrainain Orthodox Church (MP) the reliable peace (in any survived part of the former Ukraine) is impossible.
You seem to have skipped reading my post:
a.)......whilst UN troops move in to prevent both sides from instigating unrest
b.).....It would be up to the Ukraine, Russia and foremost the UN, to guarantee free referendums in regards to Crimea and Donbas/Luhansk.

It's all about the peoples rights and wishes from my point of view - but you need a UN mandate to make that eventually happen. And not Russian and Ukrainian troops pointing bayonets at the people as to where to make a cross, or paying off people as to how to vote. etc. etc.

After what Russian troops did in Ukraine since 2022 - I don't find it feasible, that Ukraine - nor the majority of it's population will push for Russian liberties in Ukraine as such - rather financial compensation for war damages and international court tribunals. - whereby the last also needs to apply towards NATO members that were involved in war (aka war-crimes) in the past 30 years, otherwise it would just be the usual Western democracy farce.

Since this thread is actually about Erdogan - maybe NATO should also push for establishing a UN peace-zone in regards to Kurd's - and to finally come up with an all sides benefiting solution? instead of spreading constant lies in regards to Xinjiang - whilst supporting the ongoing genocide and murder of Kurds in the past 50 years.

Last edited:
You seem to have skipped reading my post:
a.)......whilst UN troops move in to prevent both sides from instigating unrest
b.).....It would be up to the Ukraine, Russia and foremost the UN, to guarantee free referendums in regards to Crimea and Donbas/Luhansk.

It's all about the peoples rights and wishes from my point of view - but you need a UN mandate to make that eventually happen. And not Russian and Ukrainian troops pointing bayonets at the people as to where to make a cross, or paying off people as to how to vote. etc. etc.

After what Russian troops did in Ukraine since 2022 - I don't find it feasible, that Ukraine - nor the majority of it's population will push for Russian liberties in Ukraine as such - rather financial compensation for war damages and international court tribunals. - whereby the last also needs to apply towards NATO members that were involved in war (aka war-crimes) in the past 30 years, otherwise it would just be the usual Western democracy farce.
UN forces fighting against unrests in Odessa or Kiev? Absolutely impossible.

UN forces fighting against unrests in Odessa or Kiev? Absolutely impossible.
Absolutely possible - no problem at all. - I myself have participated in several UN/NATO peace missions. It's all a matter as to how the UN mandate is formulated.
What does Kiev or Odessa have to do with the presently illegally occupied Ukrainian territory by Russian troops? - nothing

If you should wrongly believe that the Goebbels scholar manipulated the last election - there is another-one due anyway. (postponed due to the war). He might not stay on as President (see Churchill) - but the respective parties and coalitions exist. From the little I know personally - 70%+ of the Ukrainian population don't want to hear anything about Russia or want anything to do with them.

Last edited:
Absolutely possible - no problem at all. - I myself have participated in several UN/NATO peace missions. It's all a matter as to how the UN mandate is formulated.
What does Kiev or Odessa have to do with the presently illegally occupied Ukrainian territory by Russian troops? - nothing
There are plenty of Russian speakers in Odessa. They don't want to be discriminated, abused or genocided. Right now they believe that it is more safe just to wait the Russian Army (and supply it with information). Without that hope they will uprise by themselves. And first of all they will try to kill "foreign occupants" (i.e. UN Peacekeepers).

If you should wrongly believe that the Goebbels scholar manipulated the last election - there is another-one due anyway. (postponed due to the war). He might not stay on as President (see Churchill) - but the respective parties and coalitions exist. From the little I know personally - 70%+ of the Ukrainian population don't want to hear anything about Russia or want anything to do with them.
It highly depends on who and how asks them. When SBU asks - they are Pro-Ukrainian, when FSB asks them - they are Pro-Russian, when CIA asks them - most of them are Pro-American. It's a borderland, dude.

There are plenty of Russian speakers in Odessa. They don't want to be discriminated, abused or genocided. Right now they believe that it is more safe just to wait the Russian Army (and supply it with information). Without that hope they will uprise by themselves. And first of all they will try to kill "foreign occupants" (i.e. UN Peacekeepers).

It highly depends on who and how asks them. When SBU asks - they are Pro-Ukrainian, when FSB asks them - they are Pro-Russian, when CIA asks them - most of them are Pro-American. It's a borderland, dude.
There is absolutely no Russian-Ukrainian majority in Odessa. If there was then why did Russia bomb and strike it with missiles?
You got a bit of a strange - overly Russian mindset - just saying mate.

There is absolutely no Russian-Ukrainian majority in Odessa. If there was then why did Russia bomb and strike it with missiles?
You got a bit of a strange - overly Russian mindset - just saying mate.
Sure it is. Odessa is a Russian-speaking city (as well as many other cities in Southern and Eastern Ukraine). And the Russians attack military and infrastructure targets there. As well as Kievan regime is bombing cities of Donbass and Crimea. The collateral damage is possible and acceptable.

Forum List

Back