Tulsi Gabbard grew up in and still has ties to a cult.

Are you as protective of all people of faith?
Probably, as long as they do not harm others. I respect differing opinions, and I realize that faith is often a result of the way one was raised.

As long as their faith (does not harm others and) does not influence their politics to the point it is inconsistent with the Constitution, good for them. I think religious people make much better neighbors than anti-religious ones.

Our country was founded in part because of religious persecution, and don't you forget it.

Who care
I don't know anybody who doesn't want those same things, but that doesn't religion should determine our laws.
A where the influence arises, as long as it concludes at a mutual agreement.?

as much as it hurts me to say, my opinion and knowledge dont mean shit here,,
might be because I dont hold others to my beliefs and attack them if they have one of their own,,,
That’s because you’re not an intolerant leftist who starts to attack someone for failing to tow the Democrat agenda.

Besides naming the leader of a cult as her spirital leader, she has several members of the cult working for her, Her own parents admit to being members of the cult, and her mother even worked as their bookkeeper for a while.

Science of Identity founder Chris Butler, who Tulsi Gabbard has referred to as her ‘guru dev’, or spiritual leader
(Science of Identity Foundation / YouTube)

But in interviews and speeches, she has acknowledged and defended her links to Butler, referring to him as her “guru dev” – or spiritual leader – in 2015.
Butler is rarely seen in public these days, with the Science of Identity Foundation regularly posting decades old clips of his teachings on YouTube.
The foundation did not respond to a request for comment for this article.
In a 2017 interview with The New Yorker, Gabbard said she had never heard Butler “say anything hateful, or anything mean about anybody”.
“I can speak to my own personal experience and, frankly, my gratitude to him, for the gift of this wonderful spiritual practice that he has given to me, and to so many people.”
Butler gave a rare interview for the same New Yorker article in 2017, saying that he did have disciples, but rejecting claims he was an authoritarian.
Butler, who also goes by the name Jagad Guru, or teacher of the world, said he preferred to think of himself as a follower or student, rather than a teacher or leader.
He described his relationship with his devotees as one of love.
Sinavaiana Gabbard remembers learning some 40 years ago that her brother Mike – Tulsi’s father and longterm Hawaiian state lawmaker – had joined the Science of Identity.
The extended family were gathering for Sunday brunch, a weekly feast and cultural institution in Samoa. When Mike announced he and his family had become strict vegetarians, her mother was deeply upset.
Then seemingly overnight, her nephews, Tulsi’s older brothers, had new Sanskrit names.
She says as a child of the ‘60s, she didn’t find this strange, but it was an “unsettling” adjustment for her parents.
She later learned that the whole family were “prostrating at the feet” of Butler, a “white surfer dude”.
Dr Carolina Sinavaiana Gabbard with her brother Mike Gabbard, a Hawaiian state senator
(Supplied)
Tulsi attended a Science of Identity boarding school in the Philippines, according to several sources, and spent her formative years and schooling sheltered from outside influences, her aunt said.
The Science of Identity Foundation (SIF) was formed in 1977 by Chris Butler as a breakaway sect of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), also known as the Hare Krishna movement.
Its stated aim is to “pass on the ancient teachings of yoga in a scientific, logical, and clear manner so that people can, with intelligence, seriously contemplate upon, consider”.
However, former members have been speaking out about the abusive practices of the Science of Identity Foundation for several years.
g\\\g\

tulsi and beautiful as heck and really smart, littler wonder she dumped the loser democrat party I applaud this intelligent woman...of course intelligent women scare hell out of democrats...they like the Hillary Clinton and Maxine Waters type...brain dead of course

Probably, as long as they do not harm others. I respect differing opinions, and I realize that faith is often a result of the way one was raised.

As long as their faith (does not harm others and) does not influence their politics to the point it is inconsistent with the Constitution, good for them. I think religious people make much better neighbors than anti-religious ones.

Our country was founded in part because of religious persecution, and don't you forget it.

Same here. I respect others to have their own beliefs, and I expect them to respect mine. We can talk with each other about what we each believe, as long as we don't try to convert each other.

I remember being on my last ship, (an MSC vessel), and was sharing a stateroom with the Ship's Chaplain. Well, apparently the higher ups thought it would be interesting to see how long we remained room mates since the rumor going around about me was I was an atheist (actually, I'm Taoist). And, they thought we would fight like cats and dogs, so they bunked us together to see how long we'd be able to stand each other. Pack came into the room a week later and told me that there was a pool on how long we'd stay room mates, and we then had a discussion. I told him I was a Taoist, and believed an Eastern philosophy, and I understood that he was an Evangelical Baptist. I told him we could discuss spiritual matters, even religious ones as I'd been brought up in various Christian faiths, but we had to promise to not try to convert one another, or belittle one another for what we believed. I also told him to pick the very last block on the pool, as I thought we could be roomies for the duration.

He said that sounded fair. We had many discussions late into the night about what he believed and why, as well as what I believed and why. Not only did we get a better understanding of one another, but we also helped to expand one another's understanding of God. Lots of good conversations with that man, who was a very good person with a very strong faith. I respected him for his views, and he for mine.

Well, on the day Pack transferred, I saw a set of brand new very nice, very high thread count sheets on my bunk with a note. Pack told me thanks for being his roomie, and for expanding his knowledge. He also said that the sheets were my "cut" from the winnings as he felt he should share a little bit with me. I know the sheet set was around 150.00, so he must have won at least that much, if not quite a bit more.

Yeah...............people with differing viewpoints on who and what God is CAN have good conversations and remain good friends. Might even teach other a little something along the way.

Democrats...the party of women's empowerment...right up until they say something Democrats don't like....then Let The Smears Begin!

Women...you believe the Democrats have your back?

Look at what happens ^^^^^ the moment you go off the Democrat Party Script...
Pretty much the thread...

Besides naming the leader of a cult as her spirital leader, she has several members of the cult working for her, Her own parents admit to being members of the cult, and her mother even worked as their bookkeeper for a while.

Science of Identity founder Chris Butler, who Tulsi Gabbard has referred to as her ‘guru dev’, or spiritual leader

But in interviews and speeches, she has acknowledged and defended her links to Butler, referring to him as her “guru dev” – or spiritual leader – in 2015.
Butler is rarely seen in public these days, with the Science of Identity Foundation regularly posting decades old clips of his teachings on YouTube.
In a 2017 interview with The New Yorker, Gabbard said she had never heard Butler “say anything hateful, or anything mean about anybody”.
“I can speak to my own personal experience and, frankly, my gratitude to him, for the gift of this wonderful spiritual practice that he has given to me, and to so many people.”
Butler gave a rare interview for the same New Yorker article in 2017, saying that he did have disciples, but rejecting claims he was an authoritarian.
Butler, who also goes by the name Jagad Guru, or teacher of the world, said he preferred to think of himself as a follower or student, rather than a teacher or leader.
Sinavaiana Gabbard remembers learning some 40 years ago that her brother Mike – Tulsi’s father and longterm Hawaiian state lawmaker – had joined the Science of Identity.
The extended family were gathering for Sunday brunch, a weekly feast and cultural institution in Samoa. When Mike announced he and his family had become strict vegetarians, her mother was deeply upset.
Then seemingly overnight, her nephews, Tulsi’s older brothers, had new Sanskrit names.
She says as a child of the ‘60s, she didn’t find this strange, but it was an “unsettling” adjustment for her parents.
She later learned that the whole family were “prostrating at the feet” of Butler, a “white surfer dude”.
Dr Carolina Sinavaiana Gabbard with her brother Mike Gabbard, a Hawaiian state senator
(Supplied)
Tulsi attended a Science of Identity boarding school in the Philippines, according to several sources, and spent her formative years and schooling sheltered from outside influences, her aunt said.
The Science of Identity Foundation (SIF) was formed in 1977 by Chris Butler as a breakaway sect of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), also known as the Hare Krishna movement.
Its stated aim is to “pass on the ancient teachings of yoga in a scientific, logical, and clear manner so that people can, with intelligence, seriously contemplate upon, consider”.
However, former members have been speaking out about the abusive practices of the Science of Identity Foundation for several years.

^ The shameless Democrat Smear Machine in full & instantaneous function.

Democrats: Now indistinguishable from Nazi Brownshirts.

(Supplied)

I am glade that she finally left the Crazy Democrat Cult

Forum List

Back