Tulsi Gabbard grew up in and still has ties to a cult.

The problems with Hare Krishnas have been well known for a long time. This particular group is an offshoot of that where it's leader, Chris Butler, who likes to be called Jagad Guru, is the only teacher of the faith allowed, and he claims A. C. Bhaktivedanta gave him his new name.
I admit I don't know much at all about this religion/cult, but the bigotry is strong here.

The Science of Identity Foundation is misogynistic, homophobic, germophobic, and sees Butler as akin to a god.
Misogynistic!!!!

Tulsi is misogynistic!!!!

:laughing0301:
:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

OP proves her point!

1665537187370.png

Do you want a politician writing your laws who is controlled by a relgious nutbag who is seen as a god?
Depends on whether or not those laws are in ideological alignment with my own. I don't care why you hesitate to rape, and murder children. As long as you follow through, on not doing so...

Besides naming the leader of a cult as her spirital leader, she has several members of the cult working for her, Her own parents admit to being members of the cult, and her mother even worked as their bookkeeper for a while.

Science of Identity founder Chris Butler, who Tulsi Gabbard has referred to as her ‘guru dev’, or spiritual leader
(Science of Identity Foundation / YouTube)

But in interviews and speeches, she has acknowledged and defended her links to Butler, referring to him as her “guru dev” – or spiritual leader – in 2015.
Butler is rarely seen in public these days, with the Science of Identity Foundation regularly posting decades old clips of his teachings on YouTube.
The foundation did not respond to a request for comment for this article.
In a 2017 interview with The New Yorker, Gabbard said she had never heard Butler “say anything hateful, or anything mean about anybody”.
“I can speak to my own personal experience and, frankly, my gratitude to him, for the gift of this wonderful spiritual practice that he has given to me, and to so many people.”
Butler gave a rare interview for the same New Yorker article in 2017, saying that he did have disciples, but rejecting claims he was an authoritarian.
Butler, who also goes by the name Jagad Guru, or teacher of the world, said he preferred to think of himself as a follower or student, rather than a teacher or leader.
He described his relationship with his devotees as one of love.
Sinavaiana Gabbard remembers learning some 40 years ago that her brother Mike – Tulsi’s father and longterm Hawaiian state lawmaker – had joined the Science of Identity.
The extended family were gathering for Sunday brunch, a weekly feast and cultural institution in Samoa. When Mike announced he and his family had become strict vegetarians, her mother was deeply upset.
Then seemingly overnight, her nephews, Tulsi’s older brothers, had new Sanskrit names.
She says as a child of the ‘60s, she didn’t find this strange, but it was an “unsettling” adjustment for her parents.
She later learned that the whole family were “prostrating at the feet” of Butler, a “white surfer dude”.
Dr Carolina Sinavaiana Gabbard with her brother Mike Gabbard, a Hawaiian state senator
(Supplied)
Tulsi attended a Science of Identity boarding school in the Philippines, according to several sources, and spent her formative years and schooling sheltered from outside influences, her aunt said.
The Science of Identity Foundation (SIF) was formed in 1977 by Chris Butler as a breakaway sect of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), also known as the Hare Krishna movement.
Its stated aim is to “pass on the ancient teachings of yoga in a scientific, logical, and clear manner so that people can, with intelligence, seriously contemplate upon, consider”.
However, former members have been speaking out about the abusive practices of the Science of Identity Foundation for several years.

She went from the Savior of the Dimtard Party to Cultist in a hurry.

The OP is a clown. :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

your handlers didnt need you to know until now because tulsi told the dems to fuck off,,,

now its attack attack attack,,,
Odd that you feel the sudden need to defend her. Not surprising. The MAGA/GOP is going all in supporting Walker, and he's clearly a train wreck. Did you even think about it before you threw away the religious/moral highground?

Besides naming the leader of a cult as her spirital leader, she has several members of the cult working for her, Her own parents admit to being members of the cult, and her mother even worked as their bookkeeper for a while.

Science of Identity founder Chris Butler, who Tulsi Gabbard has referred to as her ‘guru dev’, or spiritual leader
(Science of Identity Foundation / YouTube)

But in interviews and speeches, she has acknowledged and defended her links to Butler, referring to him as her “guru dev” – or spiritual leader – in 2015.
Butler is rarely seen in public these days, with the Science of Identity Foundation regularly posting decades old clips of his teachings on YouTube.
The foundation did not respond to a request for comment for this article.
In a 2017 interview with The New Yorker, Gabbard said she had never heard Butler “say anything hateful, or anything mean about anybody”.
“I can speak to my own personal experience and, frankly, my gratitude to him, for the gift of this wonderful spiritual practice that he has given to me, and to so many people.”
Butler gave a rare interview for the same New Yorker article in 2017, saying that he did have disciples, but rejecting claims he was an authoritarian.
Butler, who also goes by the name Jagad Guru, or teacher of the world, said he preferred to think of himself as a follower or student, rather than a teacher or leader.
He described his relationship with his devotees as one of love.
Sinavaiana Gabbard remembers learning some 40 years ago that her brother Mike – Tulsi’s father and longterm Hawaiian state lawmaker – had joined the Science of Identity.
The extended family were gathering for Sunday brunch, a weekly feast and cultural institution in Samoa. When Mike announced he and his family had become strict vegetarians, her mother was deeply upset.
Then seemingly overnight, her nephews, Tulsi’s older brothers, had new Sanskrit names.
She says as a child of the ‘60s, she didn’t find this strange, but it was an “unsettling” adjustment for her parents.
She later learned that the whole family were “prostrating at the feet” of Butler, a “white surfer dude”.
Dr Carolina Sinavaiana Gabbard with her brother Mike Gabbard, a Hawaiian state senator
(Supplied)
Tulsi attended a Science of Identity boarding school in the Philippines, according to several sources, and spent her formative years and schooling sheltered from outside influences, her aunt said.
The Science of Identity Foundation (SIF) was formed in 1977 by Chris Butler as a breakaway sect of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), also known as the Hare Krishna movement.
Its stated aim is to “pass on the ancient teachings of yoga in a scientific, logical, and clear manner so that people can, with intelligence, seriously contemplate upon, consider”.
However, former members have been speaking out about the abusive practices of the Science of Identity Foundation for several years.

Makes ya wanna do away with freedom of religion, don't it?!

:p

She was raised in both the Christian and Hindu faiths and currently calls herself Hindu.

Google it. You might learn something.
I didn't know the MAGAs/GOP was working so hard for that Hare Krishna vote.

Odd that you feel the sudden need to defend her. Not surprising. The MAGA/GOP is going all in supporting Walker, and he's clearly a train wreck. Did you even think about it before you threw away the religious/moral highground?
sorry mrs hitler but I am defending freedom of religion,,,

what do you think about her reasons for leaving the dem party??

her biggest problem is biden and the dems push for more war,,

what say you???
I didn't know the MAGAs/GOP was working so hard for that Hare Krishna vote.
do you realize how stupid that sounds???

I dont know a single politician that would reject any vote regardless of who they are,,,

Interesting how the OP had nothing negative to say until Tulsi announced she was leaving the Democrat Party. What a coincidence!
Always a convenience. Just like they had no problems with Donald Trump and his past when he was writing checks to Hillary and the Democrats and jumping on the airwaves to trash Bush and Cheney.

You leave that Plantation, they come after you.

I defend her, and I don't like much of her politics and I am not religious either, so there.

I do not like religious bigotry. It's anti-American.

i've never once seen so far WHAT 'party' she will declare herself. she sure hadn't mentioned MAGA or Repunks. hell. She could be doing this a a leftist psyops to infiltrate repunk think tanks.

Depends on whether or not those laws are in ideological alignment with my own. I don't care why you hesitate to rape, and murder children. As long as you follow through, on not doing so...
I don't know anybody who doesn't want those same things, but that doesn't religion should determine our laws.

How many religions do you know that worship a guy in Hawaii and consider him a god?
as much as it hurts me to say, my opinion and knowledge dont mean shit here,,
might be because I dont hold others to my beliefs and attack them if they have one of their own,,,

Forum List

Back